Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 3. (Read 554374 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
The more I think about it, the more I think I want to go the route of using the codebase we use with AUR.  The multi-algo codebase we use has proven solid since we implemented it more than a year ago.  This would allow anyone really to mine KDC, regardless of hardware type.  Additionally, it would be an easy way to transition all of the work we've put in already into place there into this project in a very quick way.

Sounds like most people just want to keep the KDC name, but honestly, I hope there is anyone out there that is really great at marketing and developing the adoption for this micro-niche brand.

If anyone has any objections to the AUR codebase port, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll get started on the change-over.

-Fuse

P.S.- Holy KDC price, Batman.

Fine for me. Sounds like you know what you are going to do in terms of algo/codebase.

Don't thick Klondike/Gold is a niche-brand when it comes to crypto currencies. Gold stands for value, independence and anonymity, better than national controlled cash. All what crypto currencies want to be. Combining this image with modern technology isn't the worst idea imo.

Would be great if we get somehow access to this thread, github account, website, twitter, FB ... someone tried to contact old devs?
Activity: 636
Merit: 500
yea price goes up wtf happened, i think to implement masternode is a bingo, that is in now
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
The more I think about it, the more I think I want to go the route of using the codebase we use with AUR.  The multi-algo codebase we use has proven solid since we implemented it more than a year ago.  This would allow anyone really to mine KDC, regardless of hardware type.  Additionally, it would be an easy way to transition all of the work we've put in already into place there into this project in a very quick way.

Sounds like most people just want to keep the KDC name, but honestly, I hope there is anyone out there that is really great at marketing and developing the adoption for this micro-niche brand.

If anyone has any objections to the AUR codebase port, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll get started on the change-over.

-Fuse

P.S.- Holy KDC price, Batman.
gpu algo change ok, so we can mine with gpu, rebranding, well rebranding to what, same as new coin, then start a new coin, maybe rebranding is ok and maybe is not, i dont know where are the other holders of this coin?

Same here, I am also a bit skeptical with a re-branding. At least the name should stay the same imo.
Activity: 636
Merit: 500
gpu algo change ok, so we can mine with gpu, rebranding, well rebranding to what, same as new coin, then start a new coin, maybe rebranding is ok and maybe is not, i dont know where are the other holders of this coin?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I don't think the original intention was to tie it to gold so much (the gold thing on the OP looks gimmicky). I feel the name should be kept, it's a good name. We're in the midst of a crypto "GoldRush".

In terms of tasks, do you think you could get BCT to allow you to moderate this thread to update the first post?

I'll get round to setting up a node & block explorer shortly. The wallet should be recompiled and then work should begin on re doing the algo. (i'm not a programmer so can't help there sadly).

I know the original intention was to make it out to be like the gold rush.  However, selling it as being in a gold rush still would be like selling bags of sand and saying people can pan the sand for gold.  We're not in the gold rush and alt boom that we were years ago.  So tying this project to that mentality seems a little off for me personally.  So the other option is to try to tie it to actual precious metals, which was actually a selling point for this coin at one point with a PM merchant that was taking KDC.

Either way, I don't like the PM/gold rush brand for this.  It's restricting, and it puts us in a place where we have to conform to a specific micro-niche.  That may work for some coins, but doing that with a near-dead 4yo coin might put us right back where we are.  Not to say it can't be done if that's what everyone wants to do, but I just don't see the benefit of shoehorning us into that mold.

I'd need to start a new thread.  I doubt the mods would allow me to take over this one.  I reached out to the original dev a few years back to see if he/she would turn over the login info for the accounts, but I never heard back.

-Fuse

Dogecoin hit a 1bil marketcap and was just a joke, anythings possible lol
legendary
HODL for life.
I don't think the original intention was to tie it to gold so much (the gold thing on the OP looks gimmicky). I feel the name should be kept, it's a good name. We're in the midst of a crypto "GoldRush".

In terms of tasks, do you think you could get BCT to allow you to moderate this thread to update the first post?

I'll get round to setting up a node & block explorer shortly. The wallet should be recompiled and then work should begin on re doing the algo. (i'm not a programmer so can't help there sadly).

I know the original intention was to make it out to be like the gold rush.  However, selling it as being in a gold rush still would be like selling bags of sand and saying people can pan the sand for gold.  We're not in the gold rush and alt boom that we were years ago.  So tying this project to that mentality seems a little off for me personally.  So the other option is to try to tie it to actual precious metals, which was actually a selling point for this coin at one point with a PM merchant that was taking KDC.

Either way, I don't like the PM/gold rush brand for this.  It's restricting, and it puts us in a place where we have to conform to a specific micro-niche.  That may work for some coins, but doing that with a near-dead 4yo coin might put us right back where we are.  Not to say it can't be done if that's what everyone wants to do, but I just don't see the benefit of shoehorning us into that mold.

I'd need to start a new thread.  I doubt the mods would allow me to take over this one.  I reached out to the original dev a few years back to see if he/she would turn over the login info for the accounts, but I never heard back.

-Fuse
Well first things first what is the end game here.

My idea would be:

- Name change to show big changes
- Algo change is possible but need a good reason...

I have no endgame for this.  To be honest, that's the main reason I wanted to rebrand.  Unless we strike a deal with Amagi or similar for them to use KDC, I don't see a tie to gold that we can make.  The only way I could see us do that without a 3rd party is to somehow link to goods or services we run ourselves.

So with regard to a name change, I would be open for it, but others have stated they wouldn't want to rebrand in the past.

But all of this is easy enough to change over time, so we can make adjustments as needed as we figure things out.  The biggest concern I have right now is developing the blockchain stack for this, and making sure the blockchain stays healthy.

-Fuse

some from Cryptopia:

addnode=138.201.30.201:9333
addnode=89.136.149.239:9336
addnode=149.202.102.73:22793
addnode=157.161.128.54:56680
addnode=47.100.63.114:9333
addnode=72.73.109.18:9333
addnode=46.105.39.103:9027
addnode=24.180.123.53:9336
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
Can someone who has a synced wallet and active peers post a peer list for people to use?  I'll work on getting a dedicated node up and running to sync to.

-Fuse

Here you go. These are the listening wallets my node knows of:
Code:
addnode=173.255.219.182
addnode=173.209.44.34
addnode=81.229.156.238
addnode=119.28.12.152

HTH
legendary
HODL for life.
Can someone who has a synced wallet and active peers post a peer list for people to use?  I'll work on getting a dedicated node up and running to sync to.

-Fuse
legendary
HODL for life.

My idea would be:

I have no endgame for this.  To be honest, that's the main reason I wanted to rebrand.  Unless we strike a deal with Amagi or similar for them to use KDC, I don't see a tie to gold that we can make.  The only way I could see us do that without a 3rd party is to somehow link to goods or services we run ourselves.

So with regard to a name change, I would be open for it, but others have stated they wouldn't want to rebrand in the past.

But all of this is easy enough to change over time, so we can make adjustments as needed as we figure things out.  The biggest concern I have right now is developing the blockchain stack for this, and making sure the blockchain stays healthy.

-Fuse
Think something is wrong with the network atm:

- My wallet stopps syncing at block 1,030,721 (26h ago)
- Blockexplorer https://prohashing.com/explorer/Klondikecoin/ shows last block at 1,030,721
- Cryptopia coin info https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=DOT also shows block height 1,030,721

Huh

This happens a lot with this coin.  The difficulty will ramp up and then it takes forever and a day to crack a block.  That's the downside of 4yo mining algorithms and no consistent mining power behind it.  Give it some time and it will show a new block.  I can remember times when I was syncing and it would say "last block 3 days ago", or even worse.

I like the idea of moving over to a GPU only algo for this coin, but I'm tempted to port over the multi-algo core code we're using over in AUR.  I could essentially work on two separate coins at the same time then by using the same codebase.  Easiest thing would be to just port LTC code and all the tools that go along with it, but then we're just riding the LTC code train again, just 4 years later.

-Fuse

My idea would be:

Ohh I see. But that's indeed a problem for the coin these days and a good reason to change the algo since it is not really usable now. I like the name, it's connected with value, gold, history, adventure....
Activity: 47

- Blockexplorer https://prohashing.com/explorer/Klondikecoin/ shows last block at 1,030,721
- Cryptopia coin info https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=DOT also shows block height 1,030,721

Huh

This happens a lot with this coin.  The difficulty will ramp up and then it takes forever and a day to crack a block.  That's the downside of 4yo mining algorithms and no consistent mining power behind it.  Give it some time and it will show a new block.  I can remember times when I was syncing and it would say "last block 3 days ago", or even worse.

I like the idea of moving over to a GPU only algo for this coin, but I'm tempted to port over the multi-algo core code we're using over in AUR.  I could essentially work on two separate coins at the same time then by using the same codebase.  Easiest thing would be to just port LTC code and all the tools that go along with it, but then we're just riding the LTC code train again, just 4 years later.

-Fuse

My idea would be:

legendary
HODL for life.

Huh

-Fuse

Huh
Just recognized KDC is still traded. Wanted to take a look into my old wallet and get the following alert:

URGENT:  Alert key compromized, upgrade required.

I am using the the following bin, think it is still from the old times: klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.exe

Anyone knows what this means?

Nothing to worry about, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Alert_system - Just the client needs updating (hopefully fuse will pull through with some dev work Smiley ). I did the same as you, I hold a little but would really just like to see this little coin rise back up. A fun little coin with potential as a Gen 1/2 LTC fork.

Thanks!

I was with KLC from the very first second and would love to see it grow again.
Just recognized KDC is still traded. Wanted to take a look into my old wallet and get the following alert:

I am using the the following bin, think it is still from the old times: klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.exe

Nothing to worry about, https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Alert_system - Just the client needs updating (hopefully fuse will pull through with some dev work Smiley ). I did the same as you, I hold a little but would really just like to see this little coin rise back up. A fun little coin with potential as a Gen 1/2 LTC fork.

legendary
HODL for life.
thanks for the quick reply i will look to download the new version. I have 10,000 coins from the old wallet. Is there a way to retrieve these coins and put them into the new wallet?
Thanks,
Gmezbuck

Just copy your wallet.dat file into the config folder for the wallet.  If you run the newer(4yo) wallet on a computer that originally ran the older wallet, you should be able to just run it without doing anything.  It should find the old wallet.dat file in the default folder and sync up without any other work on your part.

I hope this helps!  Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Fuse
Pages:
Jump to: