Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 4. (Read 554374 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
thanks for the quick reply i will look to download the new version. I have 10,000 coins from the old wallet. Is there a way to retrieve these coins and put them into the new wallet?
Thanks,
Gmezbuck
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
can someone send me the link to download the latest version of klondikecoin wallet please,
Any help is appreciated,
Regards,
Gemzbuck

There are a few links in this thread to the klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed version, which was the last version put out like 4 years ago.  I'm not sure I would trust anything lingering around still.  Best bet is to compile a new wallet from source from this repo:

https://github.com/klondikecoin/klondikecoin

I swapped out drives on my main desktop, so I would need to find the drive that had that compiled windows wallet on it.  To my knowledge, the original dev never had a mac wallet in the wild, just a windows wallet and source for the linux peeps.

-Fuse

Activity: 2
can someone send me the link to download the latest version of klondikecoin wallet please,
Any help is appreciated,
Regards,
Gemzbuck
legendary
HODL for life.
I've added KDC to my miningpool http://coincave.nl a while ago, so at least it can be mined. Please PM me if anything changes so I can update the pool Smiley

Will do, mate.  For now, I am just getting through the holidays and getting ready to plan changes.  I'm nowhere near ready to release anything yet.  It'll take planning, coding, testing, etc., so there's a lot that needs to be done.  Right now, I've just got an itch to revive this.  I need to get my butt in gear and actually do it! lol

-Fuse
Activity: 673
Merit: 506
That's a lot of newbie accounts looking for a 4yo coin to come back to life. lol

I just wanted to clear the air before a lot of questions get asked going forward:

• This is a coin, not a token.  I know all the ICO fanboys like their new lingo, but I'll stick to the old school vernacular.
  • There is no ICO or silly ICO profit scheme.
  • There is no bounty program.
  • I'm not the original dev, but I kind of claimed ownership of this project when the dev went silent.

In the past, KDC was associated with the gold rush, and even was tied to precious metals at one point.  I think the appeal was that crypto at the time was weak, and the idea that something could be valuable like gold was a cool selling point.  With a few different coins pushing past the price of gold now, I don't see the appeal in trying to tie this to gold again.  It's one direction to try to take this coin in, but it doesn't have to be the only option.  Rebranding the coin to something more generic would be a better option, IMO.  It would allow the coin to find it's place instead of trying to force it to be something it never really lived up to in the first place.

Now, that's not to say that I didn't originally have plans to continue down the path of tying this back to precious metals somehow.  At one point, I toyed with the idea of trying to create ultra rare bonus blocks that would equate to the cost of gold at the time of solving the block, i.e. if gold was $1200 then the block reward was 1200 coins.  Eventually, if KDC reached parity with the dollar, the bonus blocks would essentially buy you an once of gold.

I threw around some other ideas as well, but I never really finalized on a plan to move forward.

I will say this though... I'm not a huge fan of the current mining mechanics.  A move to another algorithm would be highly beneficial.  There's a lot of miners out there right now with GPU gear, and moving past scrypt to something more GPU focused could possibly bring in supporters looking for a long shot option other than what's out there right now.  Plus, with L3+ machines in the wild, I honestly don't want to see the chain get stuck on some insane difficulty because someone decides to point an L3 farm at us to mess with us.

Just some thoughts for the day.  I'm into hearing what people think, or if some of the old timers here have any creative ideas on how to move forward.

-Fuse

I've added KDC to my miningpool http://coincave.nl a while ago, so at least it can be mined. Please PM me if anything changes so I can update the pool Smiley
Activity: 41
Activity: 636
Merit: 500
for start nice revival, gpu algo, not asic, then in title say prepaid visa cards, if that is possible then => m00n
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Well hello old friend

KDC to the moon  Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
Revival could be nice, but at least replace Scrypt with some GPU-only (lyra2re/x11/..) or even CPU-only algorithm (Scrypt-N with N of 1024² seems to be GPU-resistant due to memory requirements).

Tying the coin with price of gold somehow as it was mentioned could be a nice addition, although I can't imagine how that would be implemented ....
Activity: 4
That's a lot of newbie accounts looking for a 4yo coin to come back to life. lol

They're bots spewing out generic text. That's why there's mentions of ICOs and tokens in a thread where that sort of thing is completely irrelevant. Check the post history of a few of these useless accounts and you'll see significant overlap between them.

I've been with this coin since the beginning but my old account was deleted due to the hack attack. I would like to see this coin back on his glory.
Activity: 18
Hi! Can anyone or the dev share the wallet for windows? I can not find it anywere...

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

They're bots spewing out generic text. That's why there's mentions of ICOs and tokens in a thread where that sort of thing is completely irrelevant. Check the post history of a few of these useless accounts and you'll see significant overlap between them.
legendary
HODL for life.

I just wanted to clear the air before a lot of questions get asked going forward:

• This is a coin, not a token.  I know all the ICO fanboys like their new lingo, but I'll stick to the old school vernacular.
  • There is no ICO or silly ICO profit scheme.
  • There is no bounty program.
  • I'm not the original dev, but I kind of claimed ownership of this project when the dev went silent.

In the past, KDC was associated with the gold rush, and even was tied to precious metals at one point.  I think the appeal was that crypto at the time was weak, and the idea that something could be valuable like gold was a cool selling point.  With a few different coins pushing past the price of gold now, I don't see the appeal in trying to tie this to gold again.  It's one direction to try to take this coin in, but it doesn't have to be the only option.  Rebranding the coin to something more generic would be a better option, IMO.  It would allow the coin to find it's place instead of trying to force it to be something it never really lived up to in the first place.

Now, that's not to say that I didn't originally have plans to continue down the path of tying this back to precious metals somehow.  At one point, I toyed with the idea of trying to create ultra rare bonus blocks that would equate to the cost of gold at the time of solving the block, i.e. if gold was $1200 then the block reward was 1200 coins.  Eventually, if KDC reached parity with the dollar, the bonus blocks would essentially buy you an once of gold.

I threw around some other ideas as well, but I never really finalized on a plan to move forward.

I will say this though... I'm not a huge fan of the current mining mechanics.  A move to another algorithm would be highly beneficial.  There's a lot of miners out there right now with GPU gear, and moving past scrypt to something more GPU focused could possibly bring in supporters looking for a long shot option other than what's out there right now.  Plus, with L3+ machines in the wild, I honestly don't want to see the chain get stuck on some insane difficulty because someone decides to point an L3 farm at us to mess with us.

Just some thoughts for the day.  I'm into hearing what people think, or if some of the old timers here have any creative ideas on how to move forward.

-Fuse
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
I've gotten out of the busy season at work, and I've got a little more time to spend on projects.  One of the oldest items on my to-do list is working on KDC, giving it the rebirth it has been waiting for.  As such, I'd like to pose a question to the community to see what you all think.

Would you rather see:

A) The existing codebase be updated and the coin continue on the current chain.  Discussions on how to do this would follow if chosen.

or

B) We start fresh with a new coin branded similarly, offer an exchange of coins, close out the old chain, and start fresh with no technical debt.

Ultimately, I'd like to do something with KDC that makes the community here happy, so I'd like to hear people's opinions about what direction they'd like to go.

-Fuse

Everything is great as long as you continue with the old chain. Smiley

twitter.com/devnullius
Activity: 18
Hello dev, need local community manager?
i want to reserve it if you need
legendary
coin swap to me looks like a shitty, also if someone find their wallet after X years what then?

One way to do a coin swap is to fund all unspent outputs on a new chain. IOW, you send premined funds on the new chain, to every address that is unspent on the old chain. That way old wallets will 'receive' exactly the same balance on the new chain, that they had on the old chain.

But yeah, if it's a staged swap via an exchange or website, I agree that it's a royal pain. I wouldn't like digging up an old wallet and then finding out it was completely worthless because the swap period was over.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
I've gotten out of the busy season at work, and I've got a little more time to spend on projects.  One of the oldest items on my to-do list is working on KDC, giving it the rebirth it has been waiting for.  As such, I'd like to pose a question to the community to see what you all think.

Would you rather see:

A) The existing codebase be updated and the coin continue on the current chain.  Discussions on how to do this would follow if chosen.

or

B) We start fresh with a new coin branded similarly, offer an exchange of coins, close out the old chain, and start fresh with no technical debt.

Ultimately, I'd like to do something with KDC that makes the community here happy, so I'd like to hear people's opinions about what direction they'd like to go.

-Fuse

A is the best option imho.
Hardfork for new features but definitely continue the existing chain (the blockchain is less then 500MB, so relatively bloat free by comparison to other coins)
KDC is in a good place in that it already has markets on Cryptopia, and as its their policy to delist coins have a coin swap/invalidate their blockchain so that the new coin must relist which includes paying the listing fee which costs more now then it did in the past and would be an unnecessary added expense.

Activity: 636
Merit: 500
coin swap to me looks like a shitty, also if someone find their wallet after X years what then?

maybe algo change?

but in technical way, do what is easier to you, it is good someone is taking this also when doing this for free, just be cautious not to berried it deeper
Activity: 4
I've gotten out of the busy season at work, and I've got a little more time to spend on projects.  One of the oldest items on my to-do list is working on KDC, giving it the rebirth it has been waiting for.  As such, I'd like to pose a question to the community to see what you all think.

Would you rather see:

A) The existing codebase be updated and the coin continue on the current chain.  Discussions on how to do this would follow if chosen.

or

-Fuse

Hi. I was a recent miner on KDC. I prefer option B and you can count with my full support.
I remember i had a big farm mining this and i was spreading the word like crazy.
Sadly my account on bitcointalk was erased maybe due to being inactive, so i'm posting from a new profile  Grin
legendary
Cleaning up my old wallets... I guess this one died, huh? : ) Ah well, I'll morn at a later time... ;-)

Peace!

Assistent of Devnullius

The dev literally posted right above you.
Pages:
Jump to: