Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 34. (Read 554399 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
VOTE FOR KLONDIKE COIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy

Sorry but we don't want to get on your exchange.

Thanks anyway.
Grin
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
the only thing holding price from going down ... and pushing it back to 2000 level

is miners who dump more profitable coins for KDC buys

i do that .....

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

By only changing the block to halve at, you are also changing the max number of coins, going from 19.948.700 up to 20.474.396. You should then change the structure of the reward system and I don't think that changing the rules of the game now is a good idea.
The reward is going to be acceptable now, it was the initial reward of 77 kdc that was completely insane. 1/3 of the coins were mined in less than 2 months. With the new reward system, the coin will be mined up to july 2024.
Don't get me wrong, I don't deny the importance of a secure net hashrate but right now this coin is living on its investors, not on the profit miners. Will those guys turn off their mining rigs after the next halving? No, most of them won't as they are in for the long haul. On top of that, look on coinwarz, the net hashrate of the other coins. They are low as hell too. There are so many alt coins that can be under a 51% attack that the odds that kdc will be attacked are low. I don't say that there is no risk but it's reasonable atm. Why would someone 51% attack kdc for no profit when there are tons of other coins with a net hashrate of 15-30 MHash? It's easier to attack those coins.

There is actually a faction on these very forums that are actively targeting what they consider weaker coins and doing whatever they can to destroy those coins. The increase from 19.9million to 20.4million total coins is only about 3% when all is said and done so I don't think it will be a very big deal in the long run. However, if we lose half our net hash again (like we did during the last 2 halvings) it isn't going to take very much for someone to implement a 51% attack (around 10-25MH if we drop from the current 50-100MH we have been seeing the last week or so.)

We really haven't seen any benefit at all from the last two reductions in rewards (I know a lot of factors play into this but we have been on a constant downward slope) so it doesn't seem prudent to me to continue on with the next one when our net hash is already very low. I think we can easily survive a 3% increase in total coins, however if someone were to 51% (even if tberes only a 1% chance this happens I still think its worth waiting on the next block reduction) attack us I don't see anyway we end up surviving

look dude ..... There is 1 thing AND ONLY 1 thing that make hashrate increase .....

.. not community
..not belivers ...
..not investors

ITS PRICE

All of these tie in with the price, unless it's purely pump and dump.
legendary

By only changing the block to halve at, you are also changing the max number of coins, going from 19.948.700 up to 20.474.396. You should then change the structure of the reward system and I don't think that changing the rules of the game now is a good idea.
The reward is going to be acceptable now, it was the initial reward of 77 kdc that was completely insane. 1/3 of the coins were mined in less than 2 months. With the new reward system, the coin will be mined up to july 2024.
Don't get me wrong, I don't deny the importance of a secure net hashrate but right now this coin is living on its investors, not on the profit miners. Will those guys turn off their mining rigs after the next halving? No, most of them won't as they are in for the long haul. On top of that, look on coinwarz, the net hashrate of the other coins. They are low as hell too. There are so many alt coins that can be under a 51% attack that the odds that kdc will be attacked are low. I don't say that there is no risk but it's reasonable atm. Why would someone 51% attack kdc for no profit when there are tons of other coins with a net hashrate of 15-30 MHash? It's easier to attack those coins.

There is actually a faction on these very forums that are actively targeting what they consider weaker coins and doing whatever they can to destroy those coins. The increase from 19.9million to 20.4million total coins is only about 3% when all is said and done so I don't think it will be a very big deal in the long run. However, if we lose half our net hash again (like we did during the last 2 halvings) it isn't going to take very much for someone to implement a 51% attack (around 10-25MH if we drop from the current 50-100MH we have been seeing the last week or so.)

We really haven't seen any benefit at all from the last two reductions in rewards (I know a lot of factors play into this but we have been on a constant downward slope) so it doesn't seem prudent to me to continue on with the next one when our net hash is already very low. I think we can easily survive a 3% increase in total coins, however if someone were to 51% (even if tberes only a 1% chance this happens I still think its worth waiting on the next block reduction) attack us I don't see anyway we end up surviving

look dude ..... There is 1 thing AND ONLY 1 thing that make hashrate increase .....

.. not community
..not belivers ...
..not investors

ITS PRICE

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
Gridseed .... they only mine LTC and doge ...... just saying

False.  They mine any sha256 or scrypt based coin.  That includes, but is not limited to, LTC and DOGE.  24Kilo can attest to this, as can I, as we both own Gridseed ASICs.

-Fuse
legendary
KDC_Dave,

Btw, as G440T and myself have applied for the positions of content editors, can you manage to give us access to the thread please? I would like to update the pools, elaborate the reward structure, change the klondike.conf into klondikecoin.conf, and so on. No big stuff but necessary and annoying for the newcomers.

Thanks

+1
KDC_Dave,

Btw, as G440T and myself have applied for the positions of content editors, can you manage to give us access to the thread please? I would like to update the pools, elaborate the reward structure, change the klondike.conf into klondikecoin.conf, and so on. No big stuff but necessary and annoying for the newcomers.

Thanks
legendary
Good thing is not alot of people selling .....that mean they know they got something valuable ... thats good

look at markets depth .....nothing serious until 4000   ... Keep up !
Activity: 168
To KlondikeCoin
  hello,
  I created new pool http://kdc.hashhot.com..It is working now..Do you add it to OP?

KDC_Dave,

I sent you a private message with maybe an opportunity to get some more developers on board. Forgot to put a subject on my message Undecided

Have a good day
legendary
In my opinion i would leave the block reward as it is now because of the Gridseed ASIC's getting more and more attention.
Once they are cheaper and we may get even faster ASIC's we wont have these 51% attack problems anymore.

Gridseed .... they only mine LTC and doge ...... just saying

and all the big ones coming in not less than 2 months from now ...... and just saying they only mine at low watt ... like they don't give that huge amount of k/hash for less money

Looks like price is slowly starting to rebound.

Since we are going to require a hard fork to fix the issues with KGW, I think it might be a good idea to also think about pushing back the next block halving for 5-6 months to give us time to build to an equilibrium price and gain a solid mining foundation. If the net hash drops much lower we will be a prime candidate for a 51% attack which could ultimately destroy the coin.

I think we should change this:

day          block to halve at             reward after halving
               0             84576                                16
               30           127776                               8
               60           170976                               4
              1520         2273376                             2
              2250         3324576                             1
              3345         4901376                            0.5
              3777         5522934                             0

to this:

day          block to halve at             reward after halving
               0             84576                                16
               30           127776                               8
               240          302400                               4
              1520         2273376                             2
              2250         3324576                             1
              3345         4901376                            0.5
              3777         5522934                             0

This will leave the revised reward structure in place for everything except for the next halving. We have already had two halving's in the last 6 weeks or so and our net has has taken a considerable beating because of it. We need to give the markets a chance to stabilize before we go through another one.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
legendary

Good news!

at mintpal chat now

[00:38] MintPal-Jason  when kdc is enabled again .....cryptsy got them enabled yesterday

[00:41] <@MintPal-Jay> Kahir, we're planning to put it back on shortly
legendary
Activity: 1246
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
Quote from the DRK dev... whom I understand was the developer or at least the most prominent promoter of X11...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5935102

The whole point of X11 is to try and get the same network growth cycle as Bitcoin. Once Darkcoin is worth enough, people will invest the capital to create the ASICs. I never really had an issue with that, in fact that was the point of creating a new hashing algorithm, I think it will be healthy in the end to move to ASICs.

That in a nutshell tells me that choosing X11 for its ASIC-resistance is not a sound choice, as it appears the developer's true intent in designing X11 was only to delay ASIC's while still being ASIC-centric.

KDC should be embracing ASIC's... it will be the only way to secure the blockchain now and in the long-term.

Hi 24Kilo,
Not that I'm for or against X11, but does it really make your GPU run cooler, save electricity? I see conflicting reports about this.
Quote from the DRK dev... whom I understand was the developer or at least the most prominent promoter of X11...

The whole point of X11 is to try and get the same network growth cycle as Bitcoin. Once Darkcoin is worth enough, people will invest the capital to create the ASICs. I never really had an issue with that, in fact that was the point of creating a new hashing algorithm, I think it will be healthy in the end to move to ASICs.

That in a nutshell tells me that choosing X11 for its ASIC-resistance is not a sound choice, as it appears the developer's true intent in designing X11 was only to delay ASIC's while still being ASIC-centric.

KDC should be embracing ASIC's... it will be the only way to secure the blockchain now and in the long-term.
Thanks for the info !

Is DGW susceptible to this exploit? I thought that it was made in response to this exploit being found.

There is substantial evidence that DGW KGW is susceptible to this exploit, but that does not mean that KDC is necessarily in danger. In fact, it would take significantly more effort to attack KDC with the DGW KGW exploit than to mount a good, old fashioned 51% attack.

The DGW KGW exploit is only attractive when targeting a high difficulty, high hash-rate network where a 51% attack would be impossible or nearly so, because the DGW KGW exploit only requires about 20% of the network hash-rate to be effective. So yes, someone could attack KDC using 9Mh/s(20% of 48Mh/s), but extremely unlikely as it would be simpler and more effective to just mount a 51% attack.

The whole DGW KGW exploit is a false 'panic button' being pushed at the moment.

Does a DGW KGW fix need to be deployed... yes... but there is no real rush. It was critical for AUR and POT as those coins are becoming active trading pairs for many coins, especially in the wake of the Cryptorush debacle where POT was one of the primary coins used to liquidate frozen BTC and LTC wallets.

My mistake... too many coins and not enough sleep!

I meant KGW
Is DGW susceptible to this exploit? I thought that it was made in response to this exploit being found.

EDIT - I misread the above quote. I was not talking about DGW - Dark Gravity Wave... but was discussing KGW - Kimoto Gravity Wave

There is substantial evidence that DGW KGW is susceptible to this exploit, but that does not mean that KDC is necessarily in danger. In fact, it would take significantly more effort to attack KDC with the DGW KGW exploit than to mount a good, old fashioned 51% attack.

The DGW exploit is only attractive when targeting a high difficulty, high hash-rate network where a 51% attack would be impossible or nearly so, because the DGW KGW exploit only requires about 20% of the network hash-rate to be effective. So yes, someone could attack KDC using 9Mh/s(20% of 48Mh/s), but extremely unlikely as it would be simpler and more effective to just mount a 51% attack.

The whole DGW KGW exploit is a false 'panic button' being pushed at the moment.

Does a DGW KGW fix need to be deployed... yes... but there is no real rush. It was critical for AUR and POT as those coins are becoming active trading pairs for many coins, especially in the wake of the Cryptorush debacle where POT was one of the primary coins used to liquidate frozen BTC and LTC wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: