Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 37. (Read 554399 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
There is no need to rush this hard-fork... Fuse will need a day or two to double check the code.

At this point, no one is going to use this exploit against KDC... at a network hash-rate of less than 100Mh/s... a straight up 51% attack would be easier and a guaranteed success compared the aggro of a using the KGW exploit. The exploit is most attractive for attacking networks where a 51% attack is not possible, because the KGW exploit only needs about 10% of the network hash-rate to be effective, so it makes the big networks vulnerable.

In the case of KDC, a 51% attack is instant and effective... and not much hash-rate would be needed... in fact... I could launch a 51% by myself at the moment with ease.

So more important to take the time to ensure the fix is implemented properly, add a few checkpoints, and make sure the hard fork is deployed after a considerable publicity and notice to all exchanges, merchants, users, and miners than rushing it because of the fear of being exploited.

Agreed! 24kilo you and fuse interested in any of the positions we put up for the coin?
Would be really great to have a dev team with all of you guys !

+1 with KDC_Dave, Fuse, 24Kilo  KLONDIKE could be unstoppable!!!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Good thing we have Dev team to help us with this issue ....
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Growcoin Chief
There is no need to rush this hard-fork... Fuse will need a day or two to double check the code.

At this point, no one is going to use this exploit against KDC... at a network hash-rate of less than 100Mh/s... a straight up 51% attack would be easier and a guaranteed success compared the aggro of a using the KGW exploit. The exploit is most attractive for attacking networks where a 51% attack is not possible, because the KGW exploit only needs about 10% of the network hash-rate to be effective, so it makes the big networks vulnerable.

In the case of KDC, a 51% attack is instant and effective... and not much hash-rate would be needed... in fact... I could launch a 51% by myself at the moment with ease.

So more important to take the time to ensure the fix is implemented properly, add a few checkpoints, and make sure the hard fork is deployed after a considerable publicity and notice to all exchanges, merchants, users, and miners than rushing it because of the fear of being exploited.

Agreed! 24kilo you and fuse interested in any of the positions we put up for the coin?

+1

You seem to know what youre talking about indeed Wink Would be nice if you join man Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

OK i've added changes for the KGW fix to the development branch here: https://github.com/klondikecoin/klondikecoin/tree/Development

Can anyone who know's what they are doing double check my work, before i merge it with the live version? (i have also pm'd fuse)
I'm looking at the KGW bug now. This does mean another hard fork, before i put it live i'd like someone else to check the code. 24kilo are you willing?
Thanks Dave, I guess you're familiar with this? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/regarding-auroracoin-tw-exploit-fix-included-552895

Yes have been reading through it Cheesy
Activity: 98
I'm looking at the KGW bug now. This does mean another hard fork, before i put it live i'd like someone else to check the code. 24kilo are you willing?
Thanks Dave, I guess you're familiar with this? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/regarding-auroracoin-tw-exploit-fix-included-552895
Our volume is way up, 1.54BTC on Cryptsy, 2.41BTC on Mintpal.
legendary
Activity: 1246
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
dave wont do a thing, the coin is dead to him Tongue

LMAO! your a funny guy, I get your humor.  Cheesy
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Guys join this site for free cryptocoins every 24 hours (automatic faucet):

http://qoinpro.com/8cc0bd21f690f823378ddc8ca00e1360 <-- free bitcoin, litecoin, TIPS, Worldcoin, Earthcoin, next is Dogecoin, possibly KLONDIKECOIN!!

make sure you have a VALID email, all you need to do is confirm your account

all you need is email

I AM CONTACTING THE COMPANY ABOUT ADDING KLONDIKECOIN!
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
dave wont do a thing, the coin is dead to him Tongue
legendary
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Read about the KGW exploit and fix here -

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/regarding-auroracoin-tw-exploit-fix-included-552895

KDC_Dave should be able to add the fix to the source.
all coins with KGW have this problem or just KDC ?

mayeb its inside job of devs that dropped the coin...

It seems someone found a leak in the kwg... wich made coins fork if manipulated... I dont know the exact story.. just read that on poloniex  Wink

Thats why they need a patch to fix it... Before the "hacker" does any more damage with more coins Wink
Apparently GrumpyCoin have a fix
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Growcoin Chief

It seems someone found a leak in the kgw... wich made coins fork if manipulated... I dont know the exact story.. just read that on poloniex  Wink

Thats why they need a patch to fix it... Before the "hacker" does any more damage with more coins Wink

So we still got someone here who could fix that?  Huh
legendary
damn ....

all my coins are stuck .... hate that
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos

Pages:
Jump to: