Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 449. (Read 554401 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Have to give the dev's credit here. They saw an issue and fixed it. If you're reading this, you're on the right train. I'll be holding my 26k for a while.

It's great to see a problem fixed before it becomes a problem. Have a look at eToken. I sold the day before it crashed and burned. They did a hot fix and forked the coin due to bad parameters, and right now the coin is MIA.
So if i update the wallet I keep my stored coins?

Yep, the blockchain mined so far is preserved, and so are the coins mined on it. As long as the pools update to the new code, or you solo mine on the new wallet, you'll also receive all future coins on the new "fork".

Just make sure to backup your wallet.dat file before updating your qt wallet. Standard precaution.

blockchain                  / old fork. dead. do not mine.
-------------------------<
your coins safe           \
                                 \
                                  \ new fork. official block chain continues

Thanks! All clear now Smiley

Glad to be of help. Any coins obtained before a fork are safe. Any future coins mined are safe, provided they are mined on the new fork. If everyone's moved over to the new fork then any new coins on the old fork wouldn't be stored in the official blockchain, and therefore would not be compatible with anyone on the new block chain, including pools and exchanges.
Activity: 574
Have to give the dev's credit here. They saw an issue and fixed it. If you're reading this, you're on the right train. I'll be holding my 26k for a while.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Yep, the blockchain mined so far is preserved, and so are the coins mined on it. As long as the pools update to the new code, or you solo mine on the new wallet, you'll also receive all future coins on the new "fork".

Just make sure to backup your wallet.dat file before updating your qt wallet. Standard precaution.

\

Thanks! All clear now Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
OpenEx has updated to the new Client, and we are live without any issues currently.

\
Activity: 112
Activity: 84
UPDATE
The github has been updated (was about an hour ago) and a message put up on the op.

https://github.com/klondikecoin/klondikecoin

We will be PM'ing all service providers we can think of to ensure they are aware of this change and will notify everyone in anyway we can.

Windows wallet is currently compiling, mac wallet we are unable to do due to a lack of a mac. I have pm'd the user who built it for us last time.

Windows download link will be up asap!

I will also do a giveaway either later tonight or tomorrow to help raise further awareness. Spread the word where you can Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
That's nice!

I pretty sure Klondikecoin will go to the moon!!!!!
Activity: 196

I believe eToken has a team of 1 by the looks of it, we're a team of 6 and are very dedicated to the success of this coin Smiley (Much to the anger of our wives/significant others Tongue.)

Wow ... I did not know we have a 6 people dev team!!!

Please if you have a question or whatever look back or use the search function all info is on this thread as you can see no need for FUD panic or anything 6 developers with no premine that is just awesome..

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Im very happy to hear klondike is adapting the gravity well system!

Very very good dev team. You can see they stand above the problems and a very fast and active.

Top coin, love this
Activity: 126
KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !
DO NOT LISTEN TO FUD... Please read below

There will be an update before block 32000. It has not been rushed as Klondike coin has six yes 6 developers working on this coin.

Klondike is backed by real world developers.

The update will address the diff retarget time.. By using gravity well software...

After the update huge rig farms and multipools will not be able to drive up the difficulty and leave.. If they enter the diff will rise and one block after they leave it will retarget to the new hash rate. Thus making it more small user friendly and stable.....

+1

The developer knows what he is doing.

+1

There will be an update before block 32000. It has not been rushed as Klondike coin has six yes 6 developers working on this coin.

The update will address the diff retarget time.. By using gravity well software...

After the update huge rig farms and multipools will not be able to drive up the difficulty and leave.. If they enter the diff will rise and one block after they leave it will retarget to the new hash rate. Thus making it more small user friendly and stable.....

+1

The developer knows what he is doing.
Activity: 210

niiiice
Activity: 196

Activity: 84
Yo yo-ing soon!!!

Nethash rate ~ 781

Difficulty 5.08490111
Est Next Difficulty 10.91262194 (Change in 1157 Blocks)

The next update will help tremendously...Thanks for your fast response DEV!!!

I dont get it.. will the coin be harder to mine ?

After the next difficulty yes....The amount of coin mined will drop to 1/2 as many now...The next DEV's fix will help to stable such fluctuations...  

So when will this be ?

This update implements some code which causes the difficulty to adjust on the fly, meaning when we get jumped on by a multi pool or lots of miners come along and take advantage of a low diff it will just go up and then when they leave it will go back down Smiley Stopping us from getting stuck at a high difficulty with a low hash rate resulting in a lower block reward.

The block halving doesn't happen for around another 2 & a half months. The Mandatory update to implement the above will be released very shortly and needs to be used before block 32,000

I suggest you make it so we have more time to update before a fork. Etoken is dead because the dev rushed the update.

Etoken was killed by the dev doing a disappearing act largely Smiley As we are not yet that widespread (on big exchanges etc) i don't see it being an issue. Its best to get this done so we can progress, everyone has a couple of days and we will work to spread the word.

I will be doing a giveway to advertise it further shortly.
Yo yo-ing soon!!!

Nethash rate ~ 781

Difficulty 5.08490111

After the next difficulty yes....The amount of coin mined will drop to 1/2 as many now...The next DEV's fix will help to stable such fluctuations...  

So when will this be ?

This update implements some code which causes the difficulty to adjust on the fly, meaning when we get jumped on by a multi pool or lots of miners come along and take advantage of a low diff it will just go up and then when they leave it will go back down Smiley Stopping us from getting stuck at a high difficulty with a low hash rate resulting in a lower block reward.

The block halving doesn't happen for around another 2 & a half months. The Mandatory update to implement the above will be released very shortly and needs to be used before block 32,000

I suggest you make it so we have more time to update before a fork. Etoken is dead because the dev rushed the update.
What do we need to update ? why should people fork this coin

Forking is what will change the difficulty. You just need to update your wallet qt. Just remember to backup your wallet.dat file before updating.
Activity: 98
Yo yo-ing soon!!!

Nethash rate ~ 781

Difficulty 5.08490111

So when will this be ?

What do we need to update ? why should people fork this coin
Activity: 48
Yo yo-ing soon!!!

Nethash rate ~ 781

Difficulty 5.08490111

So when will this be ?

Activity: 98
Yo yo-ing soon!!!

Nethash rate ~ 781

Difficulty 5.08490111

So when will this be ?

well i own like 13000 coins now because its really tough to mine,so i bought allot today
Jump to: