Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 109. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Any deadline on Phantom?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

TEAM UPDATE OCT 23 | NEW DEVELOPERS

We are very happy to announce the addition of @goldeneye and @mq (Maruiszeq) as two new developers
to our core development team. They have already proven their worth and contributed a lot to the last 5.1.0
release as well as infrastructure development.

If you would like to say Hi, we invite you to join us and 320+ community members on Slack.

Activity: 89
Merit: 0
кoгдa цeнy пoднимитe и пoлoнeкc дoгoвopитecь ? нищeбpoды  Grin
DEVELOPMENT UPDATE OCT 23 | UPDATE TO SHIFT 5.1.0

We have released Shift v5.1.0. This update is mandatory and we urge users and especially delegates to update
as soon as possible. You can find the update on GitHub

This update brings a lot of security fixes to the LISK codebase that we have developed and tested over the last
weeks since mainnet launch:

• Improved escaping of string insertions into the database
  • Automatic blacklisting and min version in constants.js[/i]
  • API improvements and new methods for voting

For more details please see the release notes on GitHub.

We are proud to emphasize that this is custom code for SHIFT, which is not present in LISK and we hope that
we can officially contribute to LISK's core development more over time.

Activity: 50
How do I get Forging  to turn on in 4miners shift wallet?
Forging is Disabled in wallet I sent the 60 shift to be a delegate my wallet address is daveeoff  14465029441710701481S  with 2683.58963311 SHIFT I'm raked 161
Hello! I have the same situation. People are all the time extracted a coin and support network were now not needed. I look at the balance sheets of the delegates and wonder in this pyramid is absolutely not need a large amount of coins in the accounts to receive regular income, it's just silly! Who chose these delegates? Why such a big difference in the percentage of approval between 101 and 102 delegate. It looks like a conspiracy scam (((

Delegates were chosen from the people who were actively involved in the migration phase and sought a place in the 101 delegates during the time when we went from public testnet to mainnet. However, that doesn't mean newcomers can't set up a node and get people to vote for them. Furthermore forging isn't too profitable at the moment and should barely cover costs for the node.

As we progress we'll be looking at the number of delegates carefully and increase it when it makes sense. One of our main goals is to enable anyone to participate in our network, which means that incentivized nodes for other tasks in our Phantom network will become available at some point too.

Iv been mining shift since before the first take over happen and stuck with it at one time I was the only one mining it on supernova's pool  Iv never set up a vps node before to stake coins ?What's needed after you rent the vps  .I'm just a dumb miner with a room full of gpu's that use's windows to mine this might be out of my skill set. This  puts me off on holding so much Shift. I have way more than the 2683 Shift that's in my wallet still sitting on exchange what would be the reason to keep it seams price  keeps dropping every time there's  a change to the shift team I'v seen price go from over 0.00010000 to what it is now .And now the holders of shift can't mine or stake their coins now with out renting a vps node. Not sure I like the path shift took seems like it would push people away from investing in it or holding what they have .Just my feelings anyhow hope to see it gain more support and do good

It's actually pretty easy to set up a VPS through Digital Ocean. For $10 a month you can get up and running and Digital Ocean has fantastic tutorials on how to set up users, SSH, etc on Ubuntu. With very little experience in any sort of Linux distro I was able to get going fairly easily. The shift install is just a one liner and then editing a config file to allow your IP to connect to the node. The slack channel was a big help there. If you can figure out how to build rigs, optimize GPUs, and set up mining software, you're definitely capable of setting up a delegate node on a VPS.

The only difference now from before is that miners can't just mindlessly mine and dump (that was me when I first started mining the coin  Grin). There needs to be more involvement with the community to get your delegate voted up into the top 101 to forge. There's still some profit to be made, but it's more about the faith in the future of Phantom and the network than profit now.
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Forging is Disabled in wallet I sent the 60 shift to be a delegate my wallet address is daveeoff  14465029441710701481S  with 2683.58963311 SHIFT I'm raked 161
Hello! I have the same situation. People are all the time extracted a coin and support network were now not needed. I look at the balance sheets of the delegates and wonder in this pyramid is absolutely not need a large amount of coins in the accounts to receive regular income, it's just silly! Who chose these delegates? Why such a big difference in the percentage of approval between 101 and 102 delegate. It looks like a conspiracy scam (((

Delegates were chosen from the people who were actively involved in the migration phase and sought a place in the 101 delegates during the time when we went from public testnet to mainnet. However, that doesn't mean newcomers can't set up a node and get people to vote for them. Furthermore forging isn't too profitable at the moment and should barely cover costs for the node.

As we progress we'll be looking at the number of delegates carefully and increase it when it makes sense. One of our main goals is to enable anyone to participate in our network, which means that incentivized nodes for other tasks in our Phantom network will become available at some point too.

Iv been mining shift since before the first take over happen and stuck with it at one time I was the only one mining it on supernova's pool  Iv never set up a vps node before to stake coins ?What's needed after you rent the vps  .I'm just a dumb miner with a room full of gpu's that use's windows to mine this might be out of my skill set. This  puts me off on holding so much Shift. I have way more than the 2683 Shift that's in my wallet still sitting on exchange what would be the reason to keep it seams price  keeps dropping every time there's  a change to the shift team I'v seen price go from over 0.00010000 to what it is now .And now the holders of shift can't mine or stake their coins now with out renting a vps node. Not sure I like the path shift took seems like it would push people away from investing in it or holding what they have .Just my feelings anyhow hope to see it gain more support and do good

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Forging is Disabled in wallet I sent the 60 shift to be a delegate my wallet address is daveeoff  14465029441710701481S  with 2683.58963311 SHIFT I'm raked 161

For forging you have to setup your own node. Ther you can enable it.
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Forging is Disabled in wallet I sent the 60 shift to be a delegate my wallet address is daveeoff  14465029441710701481S  with 2683.58963311 SHIFT I'm raked 161

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE OCT 20 | MANUAL SWAP & POW OVER

The official mining period is over as of block 808500. Thanks to everyone who kept the chain alive during these
last days to enable a simple manual swap procedure. Solo miners have been compensated.

As of today, a majority of the manual swap claims have been processed with 24 participants for a total of 99027
coins manually swapped to the new chain. The number of pending swap claims is 7 with a total of 84753 waiting
for approval.

Please note that due to the situation that forced us to migrate and swap chains we have to take extra care since
the coins used in the double spend on the old chain have not been swapped automatically on Bittrex or manually
with us from what we can tell.

Please accept that we cannot guarantee any further swaps and have to inspect any claims with greatest care.

legendary
Activity: 1250
Merit: 1004
pool.sexy
That's correct,

we've just finished the backlog from the old chain, i.e. automatic & manual swap, coordination with exchanges, network maintenance, ann updates and infrastructure setup (explorer, web wallet, etc.). One of the next projects is a better website, expected to see release next week, as well as a new blog with frequent updates.

Development on the new version of Phantom has already begun in its basic steps, roadmap and milestones will be detailed soon after some important decisions about out goals have been discussed internally. One thing we can say is that there's going to be some surprises on there that will position us well for the future of decentralized internet. Not only for our project but also on a global scale.

If you want to keep up to date we have added a "Updates & news" section to the first page of this thread so you can easily catch up with recent announcements if you missed something.

Thank you

You are doing a great job
Activity: 400
Goodmorning everyone! I want to know now if there is a clear roadmap for the Shift project, and what can we expect in the near future. Thank you

I believe a roadmap is in the works, as well as getting Phantom running on the new codebase. The dev team has been busy with the switch, but it looks like forward progress will start being made again very soon.
Check out the slack channel if you want constant updates on what's happening, it usually pretty busy in there;
http://www.shiftnrg.org/ (go to the slack auto invitation under the social tab)

That's correct,

we've just finished the backlog from the old chain, i.e. automatic & manual swap, coordination with exchanges, network maintenance, ann updates and infrastructure setup (explorer, web wallet, etc.). One of the next projects is a better website, expected to see release next week, as well as a new blog with frequent updates.

Development on the new version of Phantom has already begun in its basic steps, roadmap and milestones will be detailed soon after some important decisions about out goals have been discussed internally. One thing we can say is that there's going to be some surprises on there that will position us well for the future of decentralized internet. Not only for our project but also on a global scale.

If you want to keep up to date we have added a "Updates & news" section to the first page of this thread so you can easily catch up with recent announcements if you missed something.

Goodmorning everyone! I want to know now if there is a clear roadmap for the Shift project, and what can we expect in the near future. Thank you

+1  Wink

Hi,

windows node setup is currently in public beta, release should follow shortly.

Activity: 50

I believe a roadmap is in the works, as well as getting Phantom running on the new codebase. The dev team has been busy with the switch, but it looks like forward progress will start being made again very soon.
Check out the slack channel if you want constant updates on what's happening, it usually pretty busy in there;
http://www.shiftnrg.org/ (go to the slack auto invitation under the social tab)
Activity: 89
Hi.when windous can become a delegate and include fordjing ? is roicoin - https://shiftnode.top/ . With 17 seats in the 103 took off and disconnected fordjing
Activity: 400
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
If you are running a node please add this to your config.json immediately:

Code:
"blackList": [
         "45.32.139.222",
         "46.101.82.15",
         "137.74.22.88",
         "45.32.233.47",
         "13.66.225.208",
         "167.114.255.232",
         "108.61.164.5"
     ]

If you are one of the people operating one of those IPs please get in touch with us.

Thank you.
Activity: 55
To celebrate the swap and first SHIFT_LOTTO draw Dev Team sponsored 2500 shift coins for tonight's draw.

5 shift buys you a ticket and enters your wallet address into the draw.

SHIFT_LOTTO wallet: 11114677102846561476S

https://twitter.com/SHIFT_LOTTO

Draws will continue once a week every Tuesday 10pm UTC
Activity: 55
Still haven't seen the 130 coins from mining on  4miners pool ?My  wallet address  that I used to mine with is 0xe85abed7c16fc55b28826c6b252567b73fa3e99c and showed a payment sent to my  Bittrex wallet address but no payment ever showed up before Bttrex changed the wallet address to 8573066848102820973S where did the coins end up at?This was mined before the dead line to stop mining

As far as I'm aware 4miners is now closed.
Jump to: