Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 112. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
So how does the staking work for this coin? When will an official wallet be released? How do we mine this? Can we mine it? Is it only PoS then why do I read about PoW?

Right now I am tempted to just sell all my Shift and get out of this coin because of all the BS and hassle that has gone on over the last few weeks... but the time to buy is when people hate a coin, or when blood is in the streets.

How does the long term roadmap look for this coin? What does it bring to the table that other coins don't? OP didn't really answer alot of my questions.

Thanks for the input
Same as with LISK, if you've heard from it. DELEGATED Proof of Stake. Which means only 101 delegates (on whom can be voted by people who hold Shift) can stake, or as we like to call it ''forge''. To become a delegate you just need some good internet connection(doesn't have to be fast, just reliable) and get people to vote you (or just vote yourself). Most people use Linux right now, but I think soon there will be an easier way to use Windows for it. Anyway, delegates that have a good connection and seldomly are offline naturally get voted to the top, and those who have occasionally down time will lose their votes.

And I understand you might want to sell everything, but before you do, you should realize that the Slack group members tripled in the meantime and that the whole swap created some nice publicity, but apparently you weren't the only one that wants to dump, lots of SHIFT is dumped already, fortunately for me, I had some nice low buy-orders.

And I think soon there will be a a newsletter something, which probably has some kind of roadmap. And what does this bring that other coins don't? An amazing way to decentralize the internet and very very hard working devs.

Setup for windows is working and currently in closed public beta.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
total number of coins please?
Activity: 546
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Thank you for the response.

For all the talk of wanting to decentralize this currency, only have 101 people in charge of the entire staking/mining process seems pretty centralized to me....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Maybe ill hold onto it and see what happens over the coming months Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
So how does the staking work for this coin? When will an official wallet be released? How do we mine this? Can we mine it? Is it only PoS then why do I read about PoW?

Right now I am tempted to just sell all my Shift and get out of this coin because of all the BS and hassle that has gone on over the last few weeks... but the time to buy is when people hate a coin, or when blood is in the streets.

How does the long term roadmap look for this coin? What does it bring to the table that other coins don't? OP didn't really answer alot of my questions.

Thanks for the input
Same as with LISK, if you've heard from it. DELEGATED Proof of Stake. Which means only 101 delegates (on whom can be voted by people who hold Shift) can stake, or as we like to call it ''forge''. To become a delegate you just need some good internet connection(doesn't have to be fast, just reliable) and get people to vote you (or just vote yourself). Most people use Linux right now, but I think soon there will be an easier way to use Windows for it. Anyway, delegates that have a good connection and seldomly are offline naturally get voted to the top, and those who have occasionally down time will lose their votes.

And I understand you might want to sell everything, but before you do, you should realize that the Slack group members tripled in the meantime and that the whole swap created some nice publicity, but apparently you weren't the only one that wants to dump, lots of SHIFT is dumped already, fortunately for me, I had some nice low buy-orders.

And I think soon there will be a a newsletter something, which probably has some kind of roadmap. And what does this bring that other coins don't? An amazing way to decentralize the internet and very very hard working devs.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Node installation went fairly smooth. A bit of tweaking in config.json and my firewall and all good since I am not accessing it from localhost.

No doubt that it would be trivial for a person familiar with Lisk.

Activity: 546
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

Thanks for the input
Activity: 642
Activity: 570
Merit: 500
Just wanted to congratulate you on the job well done. Being PoW new coin in this day is dangerous.
Activity: 200
Following the migration process and devs work I decided to invest and get involved in Shift long-term. Great work and I wait for Phantom Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Is there a link for a new wallet for Shift

Right now everybody is using their node wallet (shift node). You can launch a shift node very easy for generate your wallet, please join us on Slack there you will find all the help you need Smiley http://www.shiftnrg.org/slack-auto-invitation

We're currently working on an official wallet along with a block explorer, it should be out some time this week.

Activity: 326
Keep the work going on, its going to the right direction and I have some faith in it, I think you guys can do it.
I stay believing in this!
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Activity: 468

Right now everybody is using their node wallet (shift node). You can launch a shift node very easy for generate your wallet, please join us on Slack there you will find all the help you need Smiley http://www.shiftnrg.org/slack-auto-invitation
Activity: 752
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Good work guys, shf will be better than lisk for sure.
Activity: 611
DEVELOPMENT UPDATE OCT 11 | BITTREX TRADING RE-ACTIVATED

We're incredibly happy to announce that the automatic swap on Bittrex has been completed and trading has started
again. You can find our "new" market under our new ticker "SHIFT" here.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here or join us and 260+ other community members on Slack.

great news, good job devs. forging is working flawless, best migration ever.
Kinda amazing that it's working better than LISK itself.
Don't forget to tweet the news.
Jump to: