Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 200. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
I'm confused now. Who is developing the project? The old Dev or the community via a takeover?

It is me, joey, the old original dev.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
I'm confused now. Who is developing the project? The old Dev or the community via a takeover?
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
The community Slack is here. https://shiftnrg.slack.com

If you want to join, PM me your email!
Activity: 1039
So how many coins in the end? 5.7 mil. or is it like ETH with POS stage?

There will be approximately 4.7 million coins upon relaunch. The distribution is being explained in the following post.

And yes, there will most probably be a switch to PoS at some point.

Meeting results:

Instead of the previously announced 5M premine, we managed to reach consensus on a different solution that is much fairer for all parties involved and will create long-term incentives for both the dev(s) as well as the community and investors.

There will be a new version of Shift for the Ethereum Homestead release.

Additionally to the current available supply (approximately 2.7 million SHF which will be converted 1 to 1 into the new SHF), there will be a
premine of 2 million SHF, which will be divided by half and organized as two individual funds:

1. A community fund to incentivize the community and reward meaningful engagement.
2. A developer fund to incentivize the developer and to get new talent on board.

The funds are going to be managed via two seperate DAOs for the individual stakeholders to ensure security and well being of Shift.

Short Term goals:
1. Building the DAOs for the individual funds.
2. Implementing a smart contract for an easy conversion process for the enduser from old to new SHF.
3. Release of the new Shift 2.0.

This is seeked to be completed within March, though there is no specific release date yet.

I personally am quite excited to get started as I believe there is much talent involved in the project.

Want to learn more?

Make sure to drop by the official Slack channel. Just PM me your email for that.

I'm trying to follow what happened here.

1. Original Dev did a premine or ICO and spent it all?
2.Then, appeared to abandon the coin?
3.Others showed up proposing a community takeover?
4.Old dev showed up wanting to get more BTC in a new ICO/premine?

Is this right?

You find info about the history of Shift under this link: http://shiftcoin.weebly.com/ (This page is outdated - The community now is engaging actively with the developer on developing Shift).

The current situation is being described in the first quote of this answer.

Feel free to join Slack to discuss more.
The Shift Team

Not sure yet.. almost everything will be in an DAO though Smiley so no worries there
Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Is this right?

YES
YES
YES
YES

legendary

Is this right?
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
For potential helpers, you have to know that you can install both old and new wallets on your computer without conflict.
Preferably we're searching for people familiar with ethereum family coins (no need to be expert at all).

That means, being able to run command prompt commands, launch cli wallet, do some basic operations in the console, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Progress status

We have updated SHIFT to version 2.0.0 which is in sync with Ethereum Homestead 1.3.5 (https://github.com/shiftcurrency/shift). This release should not be used in current shift network, and it only runs on a test network for now.

We are searching for two testers that should know a bit on the Ethereum console (commands etc). You will be awarded for this. Also, we need one more VPS.

wow.  SHIFT resurrected and will be huge soon.

Kudos to talented dev!
The Shift Team
Progress status

We have updated SHIFT to version 2.0.0 which is in sync with Ethereum Homestead 1.3.5 (https://github.com/shiftcurrency/shift). This release should not be used in current shift network, and it only runs on a test network for now.

We are searching for two testers that should know a bit on the Ethereum console (commands etc). You will be awarded for this. Also, we need one more VPS.
Our subreddit is ready! Come visit it and become a Shifter https://www.reddit.com/r/ShiftNrg/
Activity: 241
if you want people to believe in your coin, and it was the place to be in the minds of the whole premine want to block for half a year, so people do not think of the fact that you are on the same day will throw off all the coins, as do the many developers. Do make sure you have a little bit of coins to ensure that service and burgers, and then the market will work properly, there will be volumes on their hands, so then we can and will premine by a few and merge together to earn. Only in this way will be for the life of the coin, otherwise, it was another scam, it is now no longer the normal development and coins, which are able to live long and to generate income for years.

Locking too many funds of the premine for a half year in the beginning could ultimately backfire and cut possible growth opportunities. However, we definitely are creating the DAOs in a way that the available supply of the two different funds will serve the best way the long-term well being of the project itself.

If anyone here has experience in DAOs, feel free to shoot me a PM - we'd be happy to talk.

Also, any feedback is welcome and helps us progress.

I'm talking about 6 months and not 18.
but experience shows that it is always full premine is on the market and destroys it to zero and goodbye)
when people know that the developer is sitting half empty, it makes sure that all is well and you can invest in coins or money or power production.
Now if you go on the forum and read all the branches with coins as word premine all, people do not want to make their savings, as everything is taught so that all premine one day falls in the market.
legendary
Merit: 1004

There seems to be some good progress going on for future development. I'm most excited about Ethereum 2.0 since Ethereum 1.0 doesn't scale... I had to pay 5 cents just to transfer my ETH to an exchange to sell them.

A block explorer and homestead MIST clone is cool and a great idea but Ethereum 2.0 PoS is where I see the biggest potential.

Regular users won't have enough ETH to stake so they will be flowing into SHF if SHF is the first PoS Ethereum based coin. I heard rumor you will need 1500 ETH to participate as a PoS node. If SHF has a limit of like 50 SHF we could easily build a way bigger community than ETH.

legendary

It should be noted that no one has lost money. You traded for SHF. Once SHF goes to all time highs you will happy. You can't always win. This isn't a magic thing where you put in money and you get money out.

LOL, next time I lose money in trading, I call Interpol!
legendary
Got this message in PM today. Just want the community to know what i and the new team are dealing with..  

Now i, Joey from Sweden, are Italian. Nice one. And has SHIFT scammed anyone? This is just beyond reason..

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

I know who you are.
You are part of the italian community.
I lost a lot of money because of your scam, but I finally found you.
Don't try to play games, because I have all the proof I need.
I want my money back, I lost 2 BTC in your scam coin. Send 2 BTC to this address 1E7mdYEKxszNm2kTp7qDQichiD7eEgXKGR if you don't want to be reported to the italian police. I will wait until tomorrow 8 AM London time, after that I will post in both italian and international scam sections and report you to the italian police.

Oh me too. Give me BTC or I will report you to the Italian FBI.

Activity: 1039
if you want people to believe in your coin, and it was the place to be in the minds of the whole premine want to block for half a year, so people do not think of the fact that you are on the same day will throw off all the coins, as do the many developers. Do make sure you have a little bit of coins to ensure that service and burgers, and then the market will work properly, there will be volumes on their hands, so then we can and will premine by a few and merge together to earn. Only in this way will be for the life of the coin, otherwise, it was another scam, it is now no longer the normal development and coins, which are able to live long and to generate income for years.

Locking too many funds of the premine for a half year in the beginning could ultimately backfire and cut possible growth opportunities. However, we definitely are creating the DAOs in a way that the available supply of the two different funds will serve the best way the long-term well being of the project itself.

If anyone here has experience in DAOs, feel free to shoot me a PM - we'd be happy to talk.

Also, any feedback is welcome and helps us progress.

The Shift Team
Got this message in PM today. Just want the community to know what i and the new team are dealing with..  

Now i, Joey from Sweden, are Italian. Nice one. And has SHIFT scammed anyone? This is just beyond reason..

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

I know who you are.
You are part of the italian community.
I lost a lot of money because of your scam, but I finally found you.
Don't try to play games, because I have all the proof I need.
I want my money back, I lost 2 BTC in your scam coin. Send 2 BTC to this address 1E7mdYEKxszNm2kTp7qDQichiD7eEgXKGR if you don't want to be reported to the italian police. I will wait until tomorrow 8 AM London time, after that I will post in both italian and international scam sections and report you to the italian police.

Activity: 241
Jump to: