Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 216. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @bitcoin_dad
any update on the block explorer and when we can get it up and running again?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Is there any possibility that SHIFT will rise again in price? The project is good and the support is great but I don't understand why the price is only dropping?
Is this manipulation to buy low?
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
Hi

We have not abandon SHIFT. I have been on a leave for being sick. Spent several weeks an a hospital. Lets say, it has been alot for me lately. Part time work as a IT-consultant combined with university studies, SHIFT and IRL-life became to much and i went straight into the wall. In other words, a major depression. People seem to think that running a serious crypto currency is a piece of cake, well it is not i can say. And it is definitely not worth it in terms of economic income, it is nearly zero. Those who earned money on this is the miners, without a doubt. But you dont see they mention this. No "thanks for doing a good job".

I have been told by my public relations advisor not to be rude, but when the above writes "1 day off and then i smells rotten", to you i want to say. Fuck you dear sir. Seriously, fuck you:)

Regarding the block explorer, we have no money to pay for it. Etherchain wants 0,2 BTC in SHF. People dont seem to understand that this is quite alot in our current state. We did not have a 11M premine like EXP nor do we have anything close to ETH (but thats fair, its their development in the first place).

Development will be starting again when i feel better. By then i hope to see almindor around as well.

Regards
Joey
Miners are voluntary workers for the network. They must acquire equipment which costs money and pay energy, to secure the network. Nearly all the time it was more profitable to mine eth than shf still some people myself included chose shf in hope it would be a good development and to help the network.

Several weeks in the hospital? You were here and ok last week. I do hope you get better nonetheless. You might wanna try benzodiazepines or SSRIs. Fluoxetine should work well for that.

You have no idea when these events occurred (you were her last week and was OK?) are you aware that there are several people in SHIFT has access to this account? Dude you have no idea how much medication i have been on during the last 15 years. But thanks for the suggestion Smiley Also, claiming that hospitals does not have WiFi is pretty ignorant.

Personally i do not believe in "mining" in the long term. It will be replaced sooner or later. In fact, i think it is pretty stupid to reach consensus by wasting energy like this. PoS will most likely not work in our paradigm as well since it contradicts the whole idea of decentralization, the wealth of the few. We are in the beginning, mining was the first step. PoS the second one.. lets see what happens. The strive of making an economy as similar to the one we already have is just plain stupid because it now builds on exploitation  of earthly resources which is not sustainable and will sooner or later collapse. Wasting energy is one of these stupid things, like PoW.
Price is not bad for new people to come in i pick up some, there is a little less then 1m

I yea agree at this price is pretty cheap, the main thing is to get development going again. I dont think with all the work put into this that it would be left for dead.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
Price is not bad for new people to come in i pick up some, there is a little less then 1m

you could say is something good, when a crypto enthusiast is exploring for coins to invest in, if shift had a few whales trying to keep up the price then this coin would be around 30 to 50k sats.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Activity: 484
Merit: 251
Hi

We have not abandon SHIFT. I have been on a leave for being sick. Spent several weeks an a hospital. Lets say, it has been alot for me lately. Part time work as a IT-consultant combined with university studies, SHIFT and IRL-life became to much and i went straight into the wall. In other words, a major depression. People seem to think that running a serious crypto currency is a piece of cake, well it is not i can say. And it is definitely not worth it in terms of economic income, it is nearly zero. Those who earned money on this is the miners, without a doubt. But you dont see they mention this. No "thanks for doing a good job".

I have been told by my public relations advisor not to be rude, but when the above writes "1 day off and then i smells rotten", to you i want to say. Fuck you dear sir. Seriously, fuck you:)

Regarding the block explorer, we have no money to pay for it. Etherchain wants 0,2 BTC in SHF. People dont seem to understand that this is quite alot in our current state. We did not have a 11M premine like EXP nor do we have anything close to ETH (but thats fair, its their development in the first place).

Development will be starting again when i feel better. By then i hope to see almindor around as well.

Regards
Joey
Miners are voluntary workers for the network. They must acquire equipment which costs money and pay energy, to secure the network. Nearly all the time it was more profitable to mine eth than shf still some people myself included chose shf in hope it would be a good development and to help the network.

Several weeks in the hospital? You were here and ok last week. I do hope you get better nonetheless. You might wanna try benzodiazepines or SSRIs. Fluoxetine should work well for that.
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
hope...this coin will hit...
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Hi

Regards
Joey

serveral weeks in a hospital? "joey" is a liar!
Activity: 854
When can we see a website?
I am also more than willing to help with explorer just need to get the address clarified for payment.
Activity: 462
Agree keep it up good things take time! Can't wait for website

+1  I'd help out a bit for the explorer as well...what's the deal there?

Did we just agree on something  Grin

We likely agree on more than you think.   Kiss
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Did we just agree on something  Grin
Activity: 462

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I don't see what the big hurry is. Shift has been out for only 2 months. You expect to get rich in 2 months? Haha, keep dreaming. I would rather the dev takes his time rather than try to rush things. Rome wasn't built in a day after all. Major changes like switching to PoS take time and they're a hell of a lot better than little updates that barely do anything except give you peace of mind.

Thanks for your hard work ShiftTeam. Hope you get well soon.
Activity: 840
What is the progress with the website?

It is Tekas responsibility, have not heard from him in a while. Its 95% done the last i knew.

I'm waiting for the content.. which I've been informed is on its way Cheesy
The Shift Team
What is the progress with the website?

It is Tekas responsibility, have not heard from him in a while. Its 95% done the last i knew.
The Shift Team
Hi

Regards
Joey

Hey, I get it. I'm not blaming you for anything. But you have the first clone of ethereum. It's perfect to piss away because it can suck in a lot of good money. Miners that made money got that money from buyers like me. I've seen a lot of coins come on strong at first, have inexplicable constant downward pressure, then the disappearing dev act. All about the same time in a coin's life.

Seen it all before 1 million times. I hope I'm wrong about this one and wrong about you, but the record for disappearing devs because of mental distress or some such explanation is very very very very very very very long.

They usually leave with kind of a whimper.

I know, i have been around long enough as well. Mental distress, i dont know. This became quite serious. Ended up in medical intensive care, police, ambulance.. you name it. I guess you can figure it out.

I state it again, i will not stop developing shift. Right now i have to focus on getting better. No trying to whine here, but thats my reality right now.

Regards
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
Supporting something without money, whales and/or pump & dump schemes is extremely hard. I understand you completely! The only thing you can do is to attract some attention. Be more social (Facebook, Twitter), tweet more often about your plans. Eventually some serious investors may believe in you and then your work will be priced more as it is now.

P.S. Whoever wants may retweet: http://twitter.com/FAILCommunity/status/659665660977553408   
Jump to: