Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 229. (Read 547569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Community is something, which practically does not longer exist. More than 80-90% of the people here care only about the current price and the profit that they could make.... as fast as they can. Nobody is asking for you to work on everything I mentioned, but you have premined coins, which you can use. SHIFT is your baby and it is you who must know to where it will be headed. Therefore you should think on some things, which are not related with tech development. Examples:
"We need to spread the word more so I must hire PR guy/s."
"I can't always answer to questions so it will be probably better if we have community manager."

etc... etc...  

The days, when people actually tried to protect their investments and offered their help to some coins are pretty much over. Everybody is asking for money and that's it. If you wait for someone to take the initiative you will be very much disappointed. That's the simple truth...

Cheers,
Spartak

The devs have decided to hold their bags of premined coins until the price goes up. They don't want to spend coins at this worthless price.

If the community wants something done, then someone should buy 5 BTCs worth of SHF. That would get you like... 100,000 SHF if people would sell into a wall at 5k (people probably wouldn't). Then we would a community fund.

We could also set up a donation address. I would donate 50 SHF. Maybe other people would donate more.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Community is something, which practically does not longer exist. More than 80-90% of the people here care only about the current price and the profit that they could make.... as fast as they can. Nobody is asking for you to work on everything I mentioned, but you have premined coins, which you can use. SHIFT is your baby and it is you who must know to where it will be headed. Therefore you should think on some things, which are not related with tech development. Examples:
"I can't always answer to questions so it will be probably better if we have community manager."

etc... etc...  

The days, when people actually tried to protect their investments and offered their help to some coins are pretty much over. Everybody is asking for money and that's it. If you wait for someone to take the initiative you will be very much disappointed. That's the simple truth...

Cheers,
Spartak

I agree devs aren't slaves they will not work just so you get rich... The most successful coins in crypto space are coins with large active communties! Don't just sit here and wait if you want something done make a contribution!  There is tons of little stuff people can do and it can be as easy as sending a tweet!   If you are sitting around doing nothing you are waiting until your money disappears
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity

etc... etc...  

Cheers,
Spartak
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Thug for life!
Next release will have a modified blockreward. Instead of 3 SHF it will become 1 SHF. We would like to hear the communitys thoughts about this.

Regards

thats great!, i'll be looking forward in to the blockreward change. i know a lot of the supporters are looking to a stronger price point!
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
Although, you must understand that make something based on ethereum to enable PoS is easier said than done. Ask the ethereum team.

I am aware of that, but in this world, when you actually try to work it's never easy. I am in this "game" too and I know what I'm talking about. Smiley
In short term, I think the best decision for you is to be more transparent with the premine and spread the word about SHIFT (articles, merchants, games).
Technology was never the main part of cryptoworld - it's adoption. There are 10s (if not 100s) of coins better than Bitcoin, but....

Do not have the time for that kind of promotion. The community expects too much without contribution, and to be honest, and we have said this from the start, we will focus on the tech and let that speak for it self. A good value of SHIFT would be good. But thats not our primary goal. We will not stop development even if  the price drops ten fold. The problem however, some of us are working for payment in shift, that will be a problem, the premine will vanish pretty quickly. This, however, do not apply to the core developers.

Humble regards
legendary
@FAILCommunity
Although, you must understand that make something based on ethereum to enable PoS is easier said than done. Ask the ethereum team.

I am aware of that, but in this world, when you actually try to work it's never easy. I am in this "game" too and I know what I'm talking about. Smiley
In short term, I think the best decision for you is to be more transparent with the premine and spread the word about SHIFT (articles, merchants, games).
Technology was never the main part of cryptoworld - it's adoption. There are 10s (if not 100s) of coins better than Bitcoin, but....
The Shift Team

Next release will have a modified blockreward. Instead of 3 SHF it will become 1 SHF. We would like to hear the communitys thoughts about this.

Regards

You want to prolong the mining period and reduce dumping from miners?

Reduce inflation, yes.

I think that such step will have more negative than positive impact.
The price of the coin must rise a lot, otherwise miners will not be attracted to mine the coin and therefore the network will not be secured very well.
While I think that mining is fun, my opinion is that your best choice will be to make SHIFT full PoS with something like 3% interest.

legendary
@FAILCommunity

Regards

Reduce inflation, yes.

I think that such step will have more negative than positive impact.
The price of the coin must rise a lot, otherwise miners will not be attracted to mine the coin and therefore the network will not be secured very well.
While I think that mining is fun, my opinion is that your best choice will be to make SHIFT full PoS with something like 3% interest.
The Shift Team

Regards

Reduce inflation, yes.
legendary
@FAILCommunity

Regards

The Shift Team

Regards
The Shift Team
A lot of silence in this thread   Shocked Shocked

Seems like it:) i dont mind, lesser questions to answer which takes up alot of time.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
A lot of silence in this thread   Shocked Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1008
So, to give you something to look forward to. In short,

Shift Wallet 0.9.3 is done (windows binary have to be compiled and some small testing will be done). This release will be including full transaction history for accounts via GUI.
Second (breaking our principle not announce anything before its done): Think blogspot.com but SHIFT (still in planning phase and coding has begun)
Announcements will be done when releases are done, not before.

Regards

Thanks for the update, and the future news on what will be going on.

Great job, keep it up Shift team!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!

Shift Wallet 0.9.3 is done (windows binary have to be compiled and some small testing will be done). This release will be including full transaction history for accounts via GUI.
Second (breaking our principle not announce anything before its done): Think blogspot.com but SHIFT (still in planning phase and coding has begun)

Regards

Thanks for the update, and the future news on what will be going on.

The Shift Team

Regards
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder
Dev lets shift it up Smiley

Devs are very busy, they even don't have time to step on here. Wink

Let'em work.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Activity: 360