Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 252. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
It's going to be important to stay ahead of them. I would love to see a better block explorer ASAP.

Oh nice,. I just found:
http://46.101.137.79:4400/#/

That's the one in the works if I remember. Don't know if it's done yet.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
welp mining ether/shift is easy peasy. tried my hand with other ether clones with little success.

Even though SHIFT devs are behind the scenes, it doesn't make this a bad coin. Development has been solid so far. For me the prove is in the development instead of who can speak and look the best in public.

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
welp mining ether/shift is easy peasy. tried my hand with other ether clones with little success.
Activity: 182
It's going to be important to stay ahead of them. I would love to see a better block explorer ASAP.

Oh nice,. I just found:
http://46.101.137.79:4400/#/
It looks like EXP is having more problems than SHF Tongue No need to troll them though. Support coins. Don;t FUD.
Activity: 599
Can we get a option for it "ding" in the shift GUI wallet  when we find a block hehe

You understand that what your dev team is doing is very close to be "un-ethical"?    I understand that the Ethereum code is Open-source, that you don't advertise that you came up with the code by yourself, and don't hide the fact that is a clone of Ethereum.  You want to personalize it - fine - that's what Open Source is all about!  However, you should also recognize the work that people did before you.

It is common practice for any forks on Github, to preserve the history of the changes made over time (including its contributors).  A true Github fork involves:
-  listing the true point of origin (/github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum) in your Github repo (when you truly fork, Github will do it for you).
-  listing the changes made after the point of origin (your commits).
-  listing any commit later imported from upstream.  And here you can pick and choose.  For example, your commit c54fA3c is identical to Ethereum commit e9b031, but nowhere in your version, the "real" original  contributor is listed in this change.  

Again, this behavior can be adjusted very easily.   I am sure that your dev team don't want to pass as super-heros!  There's a way to do it right.  Please do.

Hi

There is no hiding that shift is based on ethereum. It says so all over bitcointalk, and all over the source code at github. We will arrange the fork later on because we actually do agree to some extent. Thx!

It depends on the license in which ethereum was released. I believe most open source stuff requires initial contributors to be authored somewhere. I'm not sure if it has to be in the actual code or not.
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
Suprnova is still on 0.2.0 . And what about Bittrex?

Just talked with bittrex. They have updated.
Activity: 543
Suprnova is still on 0.2.0 . And what about Bittrex?
The Shift Team

You understand that what your dev team is doing is very close to be "un-ethical"?    I understand that the Ethereum code is Open-source, that you don't advertise that you came up with the code by yourself, and don't hide the fact that is a clone of Ethereum.  You want to personalize it - fine - that's what Open Source is all about!  However, you should also recognize the work that people did before you.

It is common practice for any forks on Github, to preserve the history of the changes made over time (including its contributors).  A true Github fork involves:
-  listing the true point of origin (/github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum) in your Github repo (when you truly fork, Github will do it for you).
-  listing the changes made after the point of origin (your commits).
-  listing any commit later imported from upstream.  And here you can pick and choose.  For example, your commit c54fA3c is identical to Ethereum commit e9b031, but nowhere in your version, the "real" original  contributor is listed in this change.  

Again, this behavior can be adjusted very easily.   I am sure that your dev team don't want to pass as super-heros!  There's a way to do it right.  Please do.

Hi

There is no hiding that shift is based on ethereum. It says so all over bitcointalk, and all over the source code at github. We will arrange the fork later on because we actually do agree to some extent. Thx!
Activity: 414
Merit: 250
I have to admite I am a little bit excited.

Fair distribution, responsible DevTeam. Could be much worse. NOT ANOTHER CLONE.

Waiting for more.
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I've had a chat with one of the devs and my first impression is that they do seem quite legitimate and are extremely passionate about shift. To add to that they also seem like they know what they are doing and clearly are experience coders.

Based on all of this, i have decided to join the team on a trial basis. In case you don't know who I am, I used to part of blackcoin, aidencoin, xc and then eventually blocknet so I have worked for a few cryptos before. If you have any questions then please PM me directly and I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks,

Daniel

Nice to see you here!

Great to have more quality people involved. This is the first ethereum clone. I have a great feeling about this.

SHF is looking amazing so far. Mining SHF is sweet.
The Shift Team

We have just pushed SHIFT v0.3.0 to GitHub. This update is mandatory, please switch as soon as possible.

Among other things we have a possible solution to the tx bug. Since we cannot recreate the error as we wish we ask you to keep an eye on the situation and notify us.

The switch to the SQL backend is another major change and Almindor will probably do a more detailed post on the implications and benefits.

Also there is a beta of the new and improved block explorer, contributed by AltSheets.

And we have another announcement about the first round of the dapp development funding in the coming days.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I've had a chat with one of the devs and my first impression is that they do seem quite legitimate and are extremely passionate about shift. To add to that they also seem like they know what they are doing and clearly are experience coders.

Based on all of this, i have decided to join the team on a trial basis. In case you don't know who I am, I used to part of blackcoin, aidencoin, xc and then eventually blocknet so I have worked for a few cryptos before. If you have any questions then please PM me directly and I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks,

Daniel

Nice to see you here!

Great to have more quality people involved. This is the first ethereum clone. I have a great feeling about this.

The Shift Team
I see new shift 0.3.0 is up on github
https://github.com/shiftcurrency/shift-executables/blob/master/Shift-v0.3.0/shift-windows-amd64.exe

I hope there is also some progress with testing TX fix?

You are too early hehe. Announce will be in a few.. must confirm functionality before going public.
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
I see new shift 0.3.0 is up on github
https://github.com/shiftcurrency/shift-executables/blob/master/Shift-v0.3.0/shift-windows-amd64.exe

I hope there is also some progress with testing TX fix?
The security of this network is amazing. There must be over 100 people mining this.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

We have put in a formal request a few days after launch but have not heard back yet. However, this is not a top priority atm.

Poloniex will add us when they see fit Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
If we stop mining at 2m the premine is too big. If we keep on mining it's too inflationary (as of now we have a 4.4599% daily inflation).
What do you guys think of forking the reward to 1 shift forever and making it pos/pow in a few months?

Have had the thought of lowering the block reward. What you need to do is research the implications. You need to fully understand what it does and what effect it will have. You could also think about raising the block time.
Regards

EDIT: so far about 11 000 of the premine have been spent on bountys(only). What people do with the bountys we can not control.
Mined so far, estimated: 165 000

The premine is split into two groups:

- 50k coins are for internal development (block explorer, wallet, design, hosting, website, etc.).
- 200k coins are for external dapp development.

We know the premine is big, but if we were looking to sell everything of it, we would have done so already and be long gone. As soon as the block explorer is ready we will publish the addresses holding the premine for complete transparency. If needed we can also publish a detailed list how the premine was spent so far.

In the future there will be a strong involvement of community votes on how to handle the funds.

The truth is we can't compete with Ethereum's prestige or their 15 Mill. funding. We want SHIFT to grow and there is no other incentive we can give except offering bounties.

I think people behind ethereum deliberately made the calculated choice to use the simpler solutions because solving them sufficiently would be hard, and the issue of creating a money first and foremost was more important a first step. Good on you for taking on the hard problems.
Jump to: