Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 255. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I still havent got my GPUs to work... anyone has a link to a how to mine SHIFT for dummies guide?

common mistake : the ATI APP SDK is not installed:

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/

Bye
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
It looks like all the support will be moving to 10k to 8k  i guess miners will continue to dump more.

Miners are the bane of altcoins.

Without miners, how would you secure a network? Even at least PoS is needed.
Activity: 518
I still havent got my GPUs to work... anyone has a link to a how to mine SHIFT for dummies guide?
ETH miner contains .bat files for mining. You only need to change pool and wallet! Why people continue asking this? It is like 2+2! ETH and SHF mining is way simpler than good old scrypt.
This one for supernova, for AMD. Change 40 to your gpu speed.
ethminer -G -F http://shift.suprnova.cc:3000/name.worker/40

Here's a guide for solo, but nearly the same for pool(s): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12306597

Only difference is for a pool, you don't need the wallet running and just follow the ethminer guide/getting started on the pool.

Don't forget to put these strings in the bat:
    For OpenCL: --cl-global-work 16384
    For CUDA: --cuda-grid-size 8192 --cuda-block-size 128 --cuda-schedule auto
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
???
It looks like all the support will be moving to 10k to 8k  i guess miners will continue to dump more.

Miners are the bane of altcoins.
Activity: 543
Anyone know how to mine with 1gb gpu memory? Or it is impossible now?
You need at least GPU with 2 GB of ram, so it is impossible with 1GB
Activity: 250
ETH miner contains .bat files for mining. You only need to change pool and wallet! Why people continue asking this? It is like 2+2! ETH and SHF mining is way simpler than good old scrypt.
This one for supernova, for AMD. Change 40 to your gpu speed.
ethminer -G -F http://shift.suprnova.cc:3000/name.worker/40
Activity: 504
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I've had a chat with one of the devs and my first impression is that they do seem quite legitimate and are extremely passionate about shift. To add to that they also seem like they know what they are doing and clearly are experience coders.

Based on all of this, i have decided to join the team on a trial basis. In case you don't know who I am, I used to part of blackcoin, aidencoin, xc and then eventually blocknet so I have worked for a few cryptos before. If you have any questions then please PM me directly and I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks,

Daniel

Nice to see you here!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I've had a chat with one of the devs and my first impression is that they do seem quite legitimate and are extremely passionate about shift. To add to that they also seem like they know what they are doing and clearly are experience coders.

Based on all of this, i have decided to join the team on a trial basis. In case you don't know who I am, I used to part of blackcoin, aidencoin, xc and then eventually blocknet so I have worked for a few cryptos before. If you have any questions then please PM me directly and I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks,

Daniel
Activity: 48
Merit: 0

Mining profitability has declined a lot with the price but seems to be slightly above average still.

But that's just the way things go. Even if it's only a minority of people mining at no or very little cost and dumping for miniscule margins, PoW will always find equilibrium.

Personally I see that as a good distribution but I feel for anyone who bought high and is watching the price drop day after day.
Activity: 583
Activity: 250
Anyone know how to mine with 1gb gpu memory? Or it is impossible now?
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024

This coin is great. I will buy some more. The order books are filling up.

That nothing, dump 20% mined coins per 24h and we are down 50%, real support could only be possible at 0.0000x range I hope so, real dump also gona start as soon premine got distributed for baunties
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000
help to sync the wallet
I have connection state:connected with 0 peers
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

This coin is great. I will buy some more. The order books are filling up.

Activity: 364
where dev? why no news?

You want news every day, it's not possible.
and dev answered on some question today at Today at 07:01:03 AM.

I think there are lots of trolls from eth or kids?

09.06 rebrand & Bounty system
09.07 Roadmap etc...

Where are this news?

Hi Hix,

we had to put that plan on hold after after several people made us aware of the tx bug, where payments went missing.

So we decided to spend an extended amount of time working on the core functionality before progressing.

Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
where dev? why no news?

You want news every day, it's not possible.
and dev answered on some question today at Today at 07:01:03 AM.

I think there are lots of trolls from eth or kids?

09.06 rebrand & Bounty system
09.07 Roadmap etc...

Where are this news?
Activity: 364
Looks really interesting but where is the block explorer and where is the premine adress?

Blockexplorer just search Ethereum block explorer on google and there is no premine address because this is not a premine scam

I saw it in the op, there is a premine as stated in the op.

Yes,

as stated previously there is a premine of 250k SHF. Currently the coins are split between 3 people (Core devs and me).

We are in talks with altsheets who offered to contribute and extend the current block explorer. As soon as address search is supported we will publish the addresses holding the premine.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Looks really interesting but where is the block explorer and where is the premine adress?

Blockexplorer just search Ethereum block explorer on google and there is no premine address because this is not a premine scam

I saw it in the op, there is a premine as stated in the op.
Jump to: