Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 253. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
EDIT try but cannot
shift --rpc --rpcaddr "0.0.0.0" --rpcport 53901 --logfile C:\shf.log
Invalid parameter to SHIFT command

Do you have a executable that is named "shift" only? You do not have to specify rpcport, it will default to 53901

Yes, I renamed to shift.exe

Can you try and post your command here?

Can imagine you must quote on windows "". A long time since i used it there.

Regards
The Shift Team
Activity: 503
Merit: 100
EDIT try but cannot
[/quote]

Do you have a executable that is named "shift" only? You do not have to specify rpcport, it will default to 53901
[/quote]

Yes, I renamed to shift.exe

Can you try and post your command here?
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
dev why no trade poloniex?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Thanks for answers. Hope you have a good volume on exchanges
The Shift Team
How I log the shift console to file?

shift --help

Which gives you,

shift --logfile

Regards

Thanks! I will try

EDIT try but cannot

The Shift Team
Can everyone explain me some technical facts?
What algo? Genesisblock and merkleroot based currency?
Thank you

Algo: Dagger-Hashimoto (https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Dagger-Hashimoto)

Yes genesis block for sure. Merkleroot, sort of. Its a bit different from the general bitcoin idea. In ethereum and shift you are using a Patricia Tree which has a node root hash (merkle root). Its a bit more complex, but the general idea is the same, but with some improvements.

Regards

shift --help

Which gives you,

shift --logfile

Regards

Thanks! I will try

EDIT try but cannot
The Shift Team

shift --help

Which gives you,

shift --logfile

Regards
Can everyone explain me some technical facts?
What algo? Genesisblock and merkleroot based currency?
Thank you
The Shift Team
Why is trading disabled @bittrex?

Not that we see.

EDIT. Yes. We will talk to them

Regards
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Why is trading disabled @bittrex?
Activity: 364
If we stop mining at 2m the premine is too big. If we keep on mining it's too inflationary (as of now we have a 4.4599% daily inflation).
What do you guys think of forking the reward to 1 shift forever and making it pos/pow in a few months?

Have had the thought of lowering the block reward. What you need to do is research the implications. You need to fully understand what it does and what effect it will have. You could also think about raising the block time.
Regards

EDIT: so far about 11 000 of the premine have been spent on bountys(only). What people do with the bountys we can not control.
Mined so far, estimated: 165 000

The premine is split into two groups:

- 50k coins are for internal development (block explorer, wallet, design, hosting, website, etc.).
- 200k coins are for external dapp development.

We know the premine is big, but if we were looking to sell everything of it, we would have done so already and be long gone. As soon as the block explorer is ready we will publish the addresses holding the premine for complete transparency. If needed we can also publish a detailed list how the premine was spent so far.

In the future there will be a strong involvement of community votes on how to handle the funds.

The truth is we can't compete with Ethereum's prestige or their 15 Mill. funding. We want SHIFT to grow and there is no other incentive we can give except offering bounties.
The Shift Team
If we stop mining at 2m the premine is too big. If we keep on mining it's too inflationary (as of now we have a 4.4599% daily inflation).
What do you guys think of forking the reward to 1 shift forever and making it pos/pow in a few months?

Have had the thought of lowering the block reward. What you need to do is research the implications. You need to fully understand what it does and what effect it will have. You could also think about raising the block time.
Regards

EDIT: so far about 11 000 of the premine have been spent on bountys(only). What people do with the bountys we can not control.
Mined so far, estimated: 165 000
Activity: 484
Merit: 251
The Shift Team
With what algo can be this Ethereum coins mined at miningrigrentals.com ?

If possible it would be Hashimoto. Actually i'm mining at suprnova and waiting for some exciting news from the developers, like rebranding, roadmap, bounties, block explorer and more.

https://github.com/shiftcurrency/shift/compare/feature/transhistory

Things are being developed as we speak. We will not bring forward news if we are not done with the implementation. Altsheets is working on the block explorer. Roadmap is very hard since it most like would change. Do not expect a new roadmap soon. The development will be swift and new tech will be tried out when we find interest. A roadmap is likely to be contra productive.

The amount of time spent all together by the team on this is pretty amazing. Things like this takes ALOT of time. Currently we have struggled with some bugs in ethereum core, which is most likely solved in the upcoming release, v0.3.0.

Kind regards
Activity: 36
With what algo can be this Ethereum coins mined at miningrigrentals.com ?

If possible it would be Hashimoto. Actually i'm mining at suprnova and waiting for some exciting news from the developers, like rebranding, roadmap, bounties, block explorer and more.
Activity: 329
Jump to: