Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 310. (Read 547569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
2) could I install it on an linux box with Ethereum already installed? Any conflicts?

I would skip installing on the same linux box as Ethereum if you value your Ether
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
is this a 450,000 premine or 250,000 premine?

I have the same question (your snapshot from wallet shows 460,000 premined coins!!!!)  Shocked

It is a test network with a test genesis. :p hehe

Regards
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
is this a 450,000 premine or 250,000 premine?

I have the same question (your snapshot from wallet shows 460,000 premined coins!!!!)  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
The Shift Team
I'm excited. I will mine this.
I like the no ICO or IPO. How big is the premine going to be though? I hope for 0 premine.

Ouch it looks like a massive 12.5% premine.  Sad

I would recommend putting the premine in a contact that releases 1% of the premine every month to the dev. 250,000 premine so 2,500 coins released each month to the devs.

That's too bad.  Could've been good.  Premine is too big.  

Since this currency will be mainly bounty based so we have no other choice. There must be an incentive to run a node or otherwise help Shift grow. This is the only way of making this happen. Maybe lock some funds and distributed over time.

Also, the 12% is not completely true.. mining will end when the community says so. The voting will be able to take place after a minimum of 2 million mined. So theoretically it could be a 1% premine, or 0.01%.

What we see all around crypto is a very weak p2p network with few nodes. What are this decentralized and distributed applications about if not a strong network with people want to build something? This is forgotten, everytime and people often use "decentralization" as a slogan or a word that people use for "selling" their software. But they are missing the fundamentals in our opinion.

A great example on people who have managed to accomplish this is HZ. The only ones. Shift is based on ethereum and its core foundation is dapps and smart contracts.

HOWEVER, since shift will listen much to the community, we can make some adjustments.. we have no universal solution. So come with suggestions.. Smiley

Regards
legendary
Activity: 896
I like the no ICO or IPO. How big is the premine going to be though? I hope for 0 premine.

Ouch it looks like a massive 12.5% premine.  Sad

I would recommend putting the premine in a contact that releases 1% of the premine every month to the dev. 250,000 premine so 2,500 coins released each month to the devs.

That's too bad.  Could've been good.  Premine is too big. 
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Ouch it looks like a massive 25% premine.  Sad is this a 450,000 premine or 250,000 premine?

The Shift Team
We are looking for someone who are able to answer some questions for the community (a community manager sort of) when/if this gets popular. We are in this for long term and we need some help. You will get paid in SHF.

Send a message if you are interested Smiley

Thx in advance
The Shift Team
Could you make a simple install script that would install all the necessary files?

I know Ethereum has something like that...

Thanks!

If people want a script sure.. but we dont see any reason for it because we will ship binarys ready to be executed. That means.. ONE shift binary and one wallet binary (if people want a GUI wallet).
However, you must create a new account, so in total, its 2 steps to get it running Smiley

Regards

I have an Ubuntu box with GPU. Just looking to simplify the installation.

1) Will it be one file that need to be run in order to install the wallet and the miner?

2) could I install it on an linux box with Ethereum already installed? Any conflicts?

Thanks!

Ok to answer this correct,

1) We will try to make a single script to get mining working with GPU or CPU (as people choose)
2) Yes, no conflicts. DIfferent ports and config files/databases and so on.

Kind regards
legendary
Could you make a simple install script that would install all the necessary files?

Thanks!

I would suggest that anyone interested in this project familiarize themselves with the current ethereum release.  That way you will be familiar with the tech.
Activity: 109

Thanks!

If people want a script sure.. but we dont see any reason for it because we will ship binarys ready to be executed. That means.. ONE shift binary and one wallet binary (if people want a GUI wallet).
However, you must create a new account, so in total, its 2 steps to get it running Smiley

Regards

I have an Ubuntu box with GPU. Just looking to simplify the installation.

1) Will it be one file that need to be run in order to install the wallet and the miner?

Thanks!
Activity: 109

Thanks!

The Shift Team
Release postponed until 2015-08-31 UTC+1. Reason: problem with cross compiling on linux with secp256k1

A fair launch includes windows binarys.

Nothing wrong with postponing until all the tech is in place and working.  There are other ethereum clones coming out.  The ones that launch without issues are the ones that will stand a chance at succeeding.  Good luck with your project.  You'll get support from many if everything works out.

Much appreciated. We hope so.. thx

Humble regards
legendary
Release postponed until 2015-08-31 UTC+1. Reason: problem with cross compiling on linux with secp256k1

Nothing wrong with postponing until all the tech is in place and working.  There are other ethereum clones coming out.  The ones that launch without issues are the ones that will stand a chance at succeeding.  Good luck with your project.  You'll get support from many if everything works out.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
The Shift Team

The Shift Team

We have decided to skip the ICO/Pre sale (we do not want people to loose interest since we really want to build a big network with new features. We will not be able to hire anyone though.). Release date and mining phase begins: 2015-08-30 UTC+1

You got the date and timezone but what time?

Still the same... when the date turns 08-30 in UTC+1 timezone.
Regards
Activity: 247
Merit: 250

We have decided to skip the ICO/Pre sale (we do not want people to loose interest since we really want to build a big network with new features. We will not be able to hire anyone though.). Release date and mining phase begins: 2015-08-30 UTC+1

You got the date and timezone but what time?
The Shift Team
ANN updated. Slightly better. We want to hear the community opinions about this info. Please comment.

Kind and humble regards
Shift Team

I noticed you're have a presale.  So you're doing an ICO.  No thanks.

Yes. To collect 8 BTC. It will barely last through hireing a designer and some small freelance development work. Thank you for the post though Smiley

Regards

Any pool at launch or just solo mining?

Two pool operators have contacted us and that they might set up mining pools. We hope that they will get it working on release day..

Regards
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
ANN updated. Slightly better. We want to hear the community opinions about this info. Please comment.

Kind and humble regards
Shift Team

I noticed you're have a presale.  So you're doing an ICO.  No thanks.

Yes. To collect 8 BTC. It will barely last through hireing a designer and some small freelance development work. Thank you for the post though Smiley

Regards

Any pool at launch or just solo mining?
Jump to: