Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 311. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
ANN updated. Slightly better. We want to hear the community opinions about this info. Please comment.

Kind and humble regards
Shift Team

I noticed you're have a presale.  So you're doing an ICO.  No thanks.

Yes. To collect 8 BTC. It will barely last through hireing a designer and some small freelance development work. Thank you for the post though Smiley

Regards

We have decided to skip the ICO/Pre sale (we do not want people to loose interest since we really want to build a big network with new features. We will not be able to hire anyone though.). Release date and mining phase begins: 2015-08-30 UTC+1
The Shift Team
ANN updated. Slightly better. We want to hear the community opinions about this info. Please comment.

Kind and humble regards
Shift Team

I noticed you're have a presale.  So you're doing an ICO.  No thanks.

Yes. To collect 8 BTC. It will barely last through hireing a designer and some small freelance development work. Thank you for the post though Smiley

Regards
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

Kind and humble regards
Shift Team

I noticed you're have a presale.  So you're doing an ICO.  No thanks.
The Shift Team

Kind and humble regards
Shift Team
The Shift Team

We will publish a launch date/time when the new announcement is done. Sorry, but we can not give a direct answer right now.

Regards
The Shift Team
Well, that's what happens when you don't get a firm answer  Grin
Actually, I based my estimation on that: "Shift will be very similar in number compared to ethereum".
I keep an eye on your next info.

Oh, you are completely correct. We will change that in the next announcement. Also, people have PMed and wanting us to change the ticker name Wink This happens when coders with no talent in marketing and graphics are trying to an announcement. Would be great if we could focus solely on the code right now, so we have payed for a small number of graphics in the announcement from our own pockets. It will still be our words in it though.

Kind regards
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Well, that's what happens when you don't get a firm answer  Grin
Actually, I based my estimation on that: "Shift will be very similar in number compared to ethereum".
I keep an eye on your next info.

The Shift Team
What is the total coin number?

This is almost impossible to answer. But to give you some rough estimations you can check the updated OP.

Kind regards

ok. I was tempted to invest in but I'm now more reluctant. Let's say the total would be roughly the same as ETH, so 90M, and given that you estimate 28000 coin are equal to 7 BTC, that's a 5M market cap. That would place the coin in the top 15 on CMC, just after Peercoin, way too high/risky for a clone, in my opinion. It makes it hard to have a ROI...
Good luck though.

I understand you concerns, but the number 90M does not say anywhere,

"PoW will be used for at least 4-5 months. Our aim is that miners will be able to mine about 3 000 000 SHT. This is a suggestion from Shift, the final decision on when PoS occurs will be made by the owners of Shift by voting via a blockchain dapp."

We are sorry if you have misinterpreted our announcement. We are working on a better one as we speak and will be published later today. Also, we would really like to hear your proposition regarding valuation, premine etc..

Kind regards
Shift Team

This is almost impossible to answer. But to give you some rough estimations you can check the updated OP.

Kind regards

ok. I was tempted to invest in but I'm now more reluctant. Let's say the total would be roughly the same as ETH, so 90M, and given that you estimate 28000 coin are equal to 7 BTC, that's a 5M market cap. That would place the coin in the top 15 on CMC, just after Peercoin, way too high/risky for a clone, in my opinion. It makes it hard to have a ROI...
Good luck though.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
The Shift Team

Kind regards
The Shift Team
What past coin projects have you been involved in?

Is there any reason the team is anonymous?

The Node System for Horizon is closed source, isn't it? So how would you use it?

Are there any reason that you, who is behind EXP (another ethereum fork), is asking which other currency projects we have been involved in? The answer to that question is, zero.

You mean that the "idea" of paying bountys for running a Shift node is closed source? Second, why would shift who is based on ethereum use a bounty system made for a NXT-based clone (if it were open source) ?

If you feel that we are a threat to EXP, please say so directly. If you feel that we have misinterpreted your concerns, please feel free to say so Smiley

We come in peace

Regards

EDIT: as a sign of consideration, why not join us? i mean, you could probably contribute a lot, and vice versa

I was just curious. Mostly because you mentioned using "Horizon Currency," and I was a part of the Horizon team in the past. (I would not have asked anything otherwise, and I am not a troll)

As for people working on open source projects and trying new ideas, I strongly believe in that and think that competition breeds innovation, and I wish you the best of luck. Smiley

I see, well then you know what you are talking about when it comes to the bounty system Smiley The same to you guys in EXP. We wish you the best of luck ! Smiley

Humble regards
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
What past coin projects have you been involved in?

Is there any reason the team is anonymous?

The Node System for Horizon is closed source, isn't it? So how would you use it?

Are there any reason that you, who is behind EXP (another ethereum fork), is asking which other currency projects we have been involved in? The answer to that question is, zero.

You mean that the "idea" of paying bountys for running a Shift node is closed source? Second, why would shift who is based on ethereum use a bounty system made for a NXT-based clone (if it were open source) ?

If you feel that we are a threat to EXP, please say so directly. If you feel that we have misinterpreted your concerns, please feel free to say so Smiley

We come in peace

Regards

EDIT: as a sign of consideration, why not join us? i mean, you could probably contribute a lot, and vice versa

I was just curious. Mostly because you mentioned using "Horizon Currency," and I was a part of the Horizon team in the past. (I would not have asked anything otherwise, and I am not a troll)

As for people working on open source projects and trying new ideas, I strongly believe in that and think that competition breeds innovation, and I wish you the best of luck. Smiley
The Shift Team
We are looking for people who can host a Shift node for about 1 month. It demands an uptime of 99% 24/7. You will receive a bounty. The most important thing is that the node is stable and can handle some traffic and got a public IP. If you are able to help us with this, you can send us a personal message here on bct.

Kind regards
Shift Team

Can you explain if that node is based on a ETH fork .. or is it a "normal" bitcoin/litecoin/dashcoin clone etc ?

I can host a node for either cases when I'm launching a pool for the coin.

Thank you! Shift is a fork of ethereum, so running such node would be no different, in other words, Not a normal bitcoin node.

Much appreciated. As a side note, we have promised bounty for pools that supports Shift.

Kind regards

So you'll provide a separate eth/geth for your project ?

nice.

I'll host a pool and the node will run on the pool.

Yes, we ship our own binarys, or you will be able to compile from source (golang) if you want to.

Kind regards
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
We are looking for people who can host a Shift node for about 1 month. It demands an uptime of 99% 24/7. You will receive a bounty. The most important thing is that the node is stable and can handle some traffic and got a public IP. If you are able to help us with this, you can send us a personal message here on bct.

Kind regards
Shift Team

Can you explain if that node is based on a ETH fork .. or is it a "normal" bitcoin/litecoin/dashcoin clone etc ?

Thank you! Shift is a fork of ethereum, so running such node would be no different, in other words, Not a normal bitcoin node.

Much appreciated. As a side note, we have promised bounty for pools that supports Shift.

Kind regards

So you'll provide a separate eth/geth for your project ?

nice.

I'll host a pool and the node will run on the pool.
The Shift Team

Kind regards
Shift Team

Kind regards
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Kind regards
Shift Team

The Shift Team
Status update on servers. We are launching 4 bootstrapping nodes which will be hard coded into the source code.

The geographical spread of nodes is important so these will be located here,

Amsterdam
Frankfurt
Tokyo
Los Angeles

We will be able to add up to 10 nodes more to help the network become somewhat stable.

Regards
ShiftTeam
Jump to: