Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 309. (Read 547569 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I'll be adding a pool later for this coin, but not right after launch, i'll be adding a bit later so it's a good chance to get some coins solo.

ethminer is perfect for solo mining, so don't worry that you won't be able to mine.

You can test your rigs on my/every ETH pool.
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team

In about 8 hours Smiley

Humble regards
Shift

A countdown will help to avoid confusing (specially with local time differences)

You are absolutely right Smiley Any suggestion for a timer that works on bct?

Regards

http://www.pending.me.uk/

Thank you!

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

In about 8 hours Smiley

Humble regards
Shift

A countdown will help to avoid confusing (specially with local time differences)

Regards

http://www.pending.me.uk/
The Shift Team

In about 8 hours Smiley

Humble regards
Shift

Regards
The Shift Team
Activity: 574
Activity: 712
Now what to mine? Ethereum or this?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

In about 8 hours Smiley

Humble regards
Shift

The Shift Team
I'm down for this fork, when is launch going to be annouce and release of clients?

In about 8 hours Smiley

Humble regards
Shift
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
I'm down for this fork, when is launch going to be annouce and release of clients?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Can you tell something about the algorithm? And what will the bounties be? Are there any translation bounties? if you, please mark me.

The mining algorithm is dagger-hashimoto/ethash. The same as in ethereum. The bountys could for example be,

Running a shift node.
Translation of manuals/announcements.
Making manuals for mining, using the shift binary in regular, and how to get started in general.
A small website.
Contributing to developing both in terms of core code but also things like the above, a website, small scripts.. etc.
We will also provide good bountys for decentralized applications that gets pushed on to the shift network. This will be one of the most important bountys of them all.

Regards

So how does the eta look for it to launch ??

We should have everything done within 9 hours.

Kind regards
Thanks it will be like 4 am for me bloody will have to set my alarm to get up !!  Grin
The Shift Team
Can you tell something about the algorithm? And what will the bounties be? Are there any translation bounties? if you, please mark me.

The mining algorithm is dagger-hashimoto/ethash. The same as in ethereum. The bountys could for example be,

Running a shift node.
Making manuals for mining, using the shift binary in regular, and how to get started in general.
A small website.
Contributing to developing both in terms of core code but also things like the above, a website, small scripts.. etc.
We will also provide good bountys for decentralized applications that gets pushed on to the shift network. This will be one of the most important bountys of them all.

Regards

We should have everything done within 9 hours.

Kind regards

Running a shift node.
A small website.

Regards

The Shift Team

Running a shift node.
A small website.

Regards
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
So can this be mined with the existing ethminer program? Will the wallet install be just like geth? What time is it launching today?

Yeah, it can be mined with ethminer. It will work as geth, though some small adjustments regarding names etc.

We are in talk with the developer of the GUI wallet, there are plans of doing some integration with mining inside the GUI. So mine with a simple "click" Smiley

Regards

Good Idea!!
The Shift Team
So can this be mined with the existing ethminer program? Will the wallet install be just like geth? What time is it launching today?

Yeah, it can be mined with ethminer. It will work as geth, though some small adjustments regarding names etc.

We are in talk with the developer of the GUI wallet, there are plans of doing some integration with mining inside the GUI. So mine with a simple "click" Smiley

Regards
Activity: 994
Merit: 503

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Wow, this is next ethereum clone? Great idea. Cheesy
The Shift Team
2) could I install it on an linux box with Ethereum already installed? Any conflicts?

I would skip installing on the same linux box as Ethereum if you value your Ether

Good idea. You never know.
Jump to: