Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 305. (Read 547569 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
I think it is the same algo as eth
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
what is the algo for this, i have no knowledge bout ETH, or will it be a simple install n run it application?
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
So... We're excited now cause someone cloned a repo and changed a few things?  This makes sense to me, I can't fathom a reason not to throw away my money on this.  I'm all in, can't lose!

We can sense the irony Wink No but serious, change a few things? Do you know how much time we have spent in the source code to make this happen?

We can not do any further development without understanding how ethereum works. Its not as easy as flipping a switch.
Vitalik and Gavin are genius. We are not.

And please, we do not expect anything. Do not throw away money on this (if you mean electricity costs?) if you dont like our plan with Shift.

Kind regards
Shift Team

Ah.  How many people are on the team? What are their qualifications? Where are you based? In man hours, are we talking a month? A year? More? If you are creating a product with a cap of potentially millions of dollars, I would expect a good size wide skilled team and significant time based effort, at least (much more than a handful of months of work) . But I guess this isn't the real world really.

We do not expect this to be anything big really. This is a hobby project and have been from the start. Can not give you the number in hours we have put into to since i really do not know. Its hundreds. Most of the time spent right now is to understand how stuff works basically. You take this way to serious, sorry, we dont want to offend you in any way, but people should know this. For now this is a hobby project on side of IRL work.

This being said, we understand your concerns. If people like this we will find a way to make more people involved. We already have talks with different people around the community Smiley

Kind and humble regards
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
So... We're excited now cause someone cloned a repo and changed a few things?  This makes sense to me, I can't fathom a reason not to throw away my money on this.  I'm all in, can't lose!

We can sense the irony Wink No but serious, change a few things? Do you know how much time we have spent in the source code to make this happen?

We can not do any further development without understanding how ethereum works. Its not as easy as flipping a switch.

And please, we do not expect anything. Do not throw away money on this (if you mean electricity costs?) if you dont like our plan with Shift.

Kind regards
Shift Team

Ah.  How many people are on the team? What are their qualifications? Where are you based? In man hours, are we talking a month? A year? More? If you are creating a product with a cap of potentially millions of dollars, I would expect a good size wide skilled team and significant time based effort, at least (much more than a handful of months of work) . But I guess this isn't the real world really. 

It just sounds more like a couple of buddies working out of a basement copied some code. Hopefully I'm wrong though,  best of luck.
The Shift Team

Kind regards
Shift Team
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Giving a heads up. Everything is looking GO for tomorrow. Check out the new countdown,

Thanks Dev, I'll be looking foward to this.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
So... We're excited now cause someone cloned a repo and changed a few things?  This makes sense to me, I can't fathom a reason not to throw away my money on this.  I'm all in, can't lose!
Activity: 663
Merit: 505
That's what we need right now. Ethereum fork! I hope this becomes better than Ethereum.
Just like Monero did to Bytecoin.
The Shift Team
Giving a heads up. Everything is looking GO for tomorrow. Check out the new countdown,

The Shift Team
As a Hero Member I would like to apply for the position of Chief Accountant of SHIFT funds?

Check my post history......I have never betrayed anyone apart from pissing scammers off!

Nobody is going to trust a Newbie Account are they?

But they can trust me as Chief accountant.

We appreciate the interest, but we are not looking for that form of duty just yet Smiley But thank you very much for the interest! Smiley

Kind regards
Zz
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077
As a Hero Member I would like to apply for the position of Chief Accountant of SHIFT funds?

Check my post history......I have never betrayed anyone apart from pissing scammers off!

Post history means nothing. You don't have any single trust yet. Nobody is also going to trust a random Hero Member with no trust received.
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

Zz
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077
Ethereum is forked already? that's interesting news, how did I miss that? Smiley
I'll check out wallet now.
The Shift Team
I like the idea but, why should we mine this?
compared to Ethereum does it presents any other features or innovations? which ones?
If it's just another copycat it's not worth it...

Have you read the ANN. No offense but do as you like:) we are already working on new tech. Some will mine.. and others wont. We are working on this because we think its interesting. Our aim is not to get as many miners as possible:)

Humble regards
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
I like the idea but, why should we mine this?
compared to Ethereum does it presents any other features or innovations? which ones?
If it's just another copycat it's not worth it...
The Shift Team
This happens many times with many coins
I wish luck in the next launch, devs

Thx for the support! Means alot in these hectic times Smiley
The Shift Team
interesting, signing up.

i cannot become the PR manager but i surely cant help with promotion afte i get more infos on hows this gonna work.

Would be great Smiley yes, indeed, people need more information. We will fix that asap after release.

Regards
legendary
Activity: 1036
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

Shift Dev,

I see you need help filling the position of Community Manager?

Would be willing to help, but need to know more.

Please PM,

MasterTrader777

Yet another scam you wanna make here?

legendary
Activity: 1092
Shift Dev,

I see you need help filling the position of Community Manager?

Would be willing to help, but need to know more.

Please PM,

MasterTrader777
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

This is exactly what we feel right now. Sorry bitcointalk. But this is a NO GO today. We must make this right, people must be able to GPU mine and we must be 100% sure that it works properly.

Humble and kind Regards

Sure. So I suggest a new launch date, with tested miners and wallets.

Yes.. we will not mess this shit up. We have spent so much time digging the source code. We do this because we think its fun and exciting. And it is not that important for us that we must release something if its not 100%.

You should have thought about it before setting a launch time!
All should have been tested before.

You lost credibility...

sorry back to mining Etherum

Well, maybe youre right. Time for some sleep.. very long days for a while now..

Regards
Jump to: