Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 71. (Read 547566 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Investor

Imagine I am a web developer.
I exactly understood nothing from that answer.
except maybe GUI.

Do I get templates? Can I use a merchant application for payments? Does it integrate with social media?

Or is that another layer in between? Who is the customer of SHIFT?

These are idiotic questions and shows you dont know anything about the tech, or anything about blockchain for that matter as he's just explained shift to you

You need to do way more research

Start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterPlanetary_File_System

IPFS is a new protocol..like http is a protocol. IPFS is creating a new infrastructure at the very foundation of the web that you build on top of

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Phantom is going to be A GUI interface, with options like picking server locations, price, and much more.
You pay in Shift coins.
Phantom is going to a be dApp on a sidechain too.
Goal for Mainnet release is end of month.

except maybe GUI.

Do I get templates? Can I use a merchant application for payments? Does it integrate with social media?

Edit: Also, EOS is going for ICO. Is this similar to EOS? I realize you must be ahead in development. How do you think you will get the investors behind you to outbeat EOS fuzz/buzz.? Or they will roll over this project in 1 year?
clardalan , you asked very good questions.
Activity: 126
Bitcoin amateur learning by doing
Phantom is going to be A GUI interface, with options like picking server locations, price, and much more.
You pay in Shift coins.

except maybe GUI.

Edit: Also, EOS is going for ICO. Is this similar to EOS? I realize you must be ahead in development. How do you think you will get the investors behind you to outbeat EOS fuzz/buzz.? Or they will roll over this project in 1 year?
Activity: 150
Shift Coin, Phantom/IPFS the new Web 3.0
You pay in Shift coins.
Activity: 126
Bitcoin amateur learning by doing
this is to build websites?

Why would people need that?

Front end has to be great to even matter, can they attract businesses on shift? Gonna be tough, no?

I do not understand the added value of a blockchain behind a website.

Also, what is this voting about? Do you earn money when you vote? I see it costs 1 shift to even vote..
Activity: 70
Should see Phantom by end of month on mainnet.
People will be able to start building website with it.

Phantom on mainnet end of this month?

So phantom is framework which allows us to build website?

Yes Cheesy over the BILLION DOLLAR market cap is on the way Cheesy
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

Phantom on mainnet end of this month?

So phantom is framework which allows us to build website?

If anything can be said about this, it is the last chance for $2 shift before phantom gets released, before multi-market exposure, before any active marketing whatsoever. As of now, Shift is the only decentralized internet project with a working Beta. Maidsafe has been around for a decade, has gone through initial funding, an ICO, crowdfunding, and is still--assuming it does not get pushed back again--weeks away from an Alpha 2 release. As far as I can tell, the only advantage it has going for it over Shift is brand awareness. Blockstack seems promising, but it is still ways away from a cohesive product, and their own tokens won't be rolled out for another few months anyway. Sia and Storj have the potential to build a decentralized internet on top of their storage platforms, but I doubt they have any plans to do so over the next couple of years, let alone to seriously meditate on the idea.

The fact of the matter is, companies like Shift are chasing an industry that is worth $17 Trillion. Granted that number is based on the internet in its entirety, but if Shift manages to grab a slice of the pie, we are still dealing with a cryptocurrency with the potential to join the multi-billion dollar market cap club. I cannot think of a more undervalued coin than shift: it is ahead of its competitors, is valued at 10x less than Maidsafe, currently has very little hype, and most importantly has solid real-world applicability.
well said Cheesy shift has HUGE potential.
Activity: 222
Merit: 102
Wow, for a newbie you sure do get it! +1
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
If anything can be said about this, it is the last chance for $2 shift before phantom gets released, before multi-market exposure, before any active marketing whatsoever. As of now, Shift is the only decentralized internet project with a working Beta. Maidsafe has been around for a decade, has gone through initial funding, an ICO, crowdfunding, and is still--assuming it does not get pushed back again--weeks away from an Alpha 2 release. As far as I can tell, the only advantage it has going for it over Shift is brand awareness. Blockstack seems promising, but it is still ways away from a cohesive product, and their own tokens won't be rolled out for another few months anyway. Sia and Storj have the potential to build a decentralized internet on top of their storage platforms, but I doubt they have any plans to do so over the next couple of years, let alone to seriously meditate on the idea.

The fact of the matter is, companies like Shift are chasing an industry that is worth $17 Trillion. Granted that number is based on the internet in its entirety, but if Shift manages to grab a slice of the pie, we are still dealing with a cryptocurrency with the potential to join the multi-billion dollar market cap club. I cannot think of a more undervalued coin than shift: it is ahead of its competitors, is valued at 10x less than Maidsafe, currently has very little hype, and most importantly has solid real-world applicability.
No coin increase, tx on delegates to support development and investment to grow coin.
So it's all good
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Is there any news on the July 1st launch?
And if an exchange gets hacked, why should other investors get f#$%&d because of it? It's the risk of every investor to deal with the consequences of trading via exchanges and not setting up proper security measures..
Activity: 7
so at the end of it, was the coin supply increased or everything remained the same ?
Vote down the increase in supply people. I am not a delegate so I dont think I can vote but clearly this is a case of a couple users not securing their account and somehow lost their coins. That is there problem not ours.
https://www.shiftnrg.org/newsletter-june/

Total supply increase

We will retract the TX exception from our source code, so there will be NO Blockchain modification of any kind in the upcoming update.
You can safely update your node now.

The Shift team
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Vote down the increase in supply people. I am not a delegate so I dont think I can vote but clearly this is a case of a couple users not securing their account and somehow lost their coins. That is there problem not ours.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
Regardless of what happened in the past (and im sorry to hear what happened before for those affected) this coin is going to go up

Brilliant technology in the pipeline here

This was mentioned in the Feb newsletter...
$3 million is a rounding error relative to the ICO Mania where ETH roadmaps on napkins are pulling in $20, $30, $40 million.

https://www.shiftnrg.org/newsletter/
Activity: 143
Investor
Regardless of what happened in the past (and im sorry to hear what happened before for those affected) this coin is going to go up

Brilliant technology in the pipeline here
It isn't our problems if they got hacked! Why we pay for this?

How can we know if they lied? This is stupid!  Angry

Guys relax.

For this to happen (which also wasn't clear in the newsletter) 51% of delegates need to approve it.

Delegates from what i can see have the same view, these guys lost their shift cos they didn't secure there wallet properly so tough luck.
Yes, they lost because of their lack of security. It is their fault. We don't want to pay for their own mistake.
Activity: 42
It isn't our problems if they got hacked! Why we pay for this?

How can we know if they lied? This is stupid!  Angry

Guys relax.

For this to happen (which also wasn't clear in the newsletter) 51% of delegates need to approve it.

Delegates from what i can see have the same view, these guys lost their shift cos they didn't secure there wallet properly so tough luck.
Pages:
Jump to: