Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 74. (Read 547566 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Can't I use my own password for the shift wallet?

And how do I send shift coins to the wallet? Can't find the address or the option to receive coins, just to send.
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
When will Phantom be released?

Likely with the next update, July 1.

Hope so, not long now, this will be an epic price rise, brace your selves, just scoop up the last of the cheap coins until then.

shift is going on top 50
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Hope so, not long now, this will be an epic price rise, brace your selves, just scoop up the last of the cheap coins until then.
Activity: 385

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
(Bump for next page)
Hey guys, I just uploaded the first part of a tutorial series I've been working on.

Shift Delegate Setup - Part 1 - Initial Server Setup

I'm editing Part 2 right now, so it should be up very soon.
Second Tutorial just uploaded!

Shift Delegate Setup - Part 2 - Delegate Installation

Part 3 (how to create a backup node) coming soon.

Great work!!

Thanks! I hope it comes in useful for some people. Smiley
Activity: 51
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Second Tutorial just uploaded!

Shift Delegate Setup - Part 2 - Delegate Installation

Part 3 (how to create a backup node) coming soon.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Hey guys, I just uploaded the first part of a tutorial series I've been working on.

Shift Delegate Setup - Part 1 - Initial Server Setup

I'm editing Part 2 right now, so it should be up very soon.
Activity: 50
Haha reminds me of Pascal.. with that wallet it's easy to see which account owns what and Poloniex has 85% of the circulating supply in their wallet.

In any case, just bought 4000 SHIFT @ 76000 sats.  Long and strong. Nice rebound in progess.

Bittrex don't own the coins, users of bittrex own their coins, I personally have some coins on bittrex just for trading and I am holding most of my coins out of the exchange.

where do you suggest storing shift coins.

You can make a wallet and store them there. Got to tools->wallet from the official site. Make sure to always use the official wallet!
https://www.shiftnrg.org/

It would also be smart to make a second passphrase and store it somewhere different than the first. Just make sure to not lose it!
Activity: 307
Haha reminds me of Pascal.. with that wallet it's easy to see which account owns what and Poloniex has 85% of the circulating supply in their wallet.

In any case, just bought 4000 SHIFT @ 76000 sats.  Long and strong. Nice rebound in progess.

Bittrex don't own the coins, users of bittrex own their coins, I personally have some coins on bittrex just for trading and I am holding most of my coins out of the exchange.

where do you suggest storing shift coins.
Activity: 468
Maid runs into a similar mass adoption issue: ie accessing the network through a proprietary desktop browser, from what I understand

Over 50% of web traffic is mobile, so this type of "decentralized internet" has major accessibility issues (if it's ever actually released as well)

IPFS hashing, and especially leveraging human-readable domain names directly alongside IPFS hashing, is indistinguishable to the end-user: other than the fact that it is faster and more fault-tolerant than regular web-serving (as in, it is not subject to the whims of one server-center failing or being DDOSed- and it doesn't clog bandwith over spans of potentially thousands of miles between end user and a server farm)

Also, having direct-monetization built in via blockchain could potentially be the much-needed replacement for the broken ad-monetization scheme that fuels the web today

Cheers

Amen!

I have my spacesuit ready.
Activity: 6
Maid runs into a similar mass adoption issue: ie accessing the network through a proprietary desktop browser, from what I understand

Over 50% of web traffic is mobile, so this type of "decentralized internet" has major accessibility issues (if it's ever actually released as well)

IPFS hashing, and especially leveraging human-readable domain names directly alongside IPFS hashing, is indistinguishable to the end-user: other than the fact that it is faster and more fault-tolerant than regular web-serving (as in, it is not subject to the whims of one server-center failing or being DDOSed- and it doesn't clog bandwidth over spans of potentially thousands of miles between end user and a server farm)

Also, having direct-monetization built in via blockchain could potentially be the much-needed replacement for the broken ad-monetization scheme that fuels the web today

Cheers
Activity: 351
How does SHIFT relate to blockstack? (blockstack.org).  Would they be competitors offering the same solution?

I have gone through the 28 tutorial videos on blockstack's yt channel. there is a major drawback in their product. they use centralized servers to store user's data. each user has to register a google/aws/azure account and provide their storage in order to use the network. On the other hand if I get it right shift uses the ipfs network and pins data on phantom nodes ran by individuals.

Wowsa! Yup, that's a dealbreaker right there. Too bad, I thought blockstack looked promising too.

That leaves SHIFT and MAID  Smiley
Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbly0UijDKs
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
How does SHIFT relate to blockstack? (blockstack.org).  Would they be competitors offering the same solution?

I have gone through the 28 tutorial videos on blockstack's yt channel. there is a major drawback in their product. they use centralized servers to store user's data. each user has to register a google/aws/azure account and provide their storage in order to use the network. On the other hand if I get it right shift uses the ipfs network and pins data on phantom nodes ran by individuals.

Wowsa! Yup, that's a dealbreaker right there. Too bad, I thought blockstack looked promising too.

That leaves SHIFT and MAID  Smiley
Activity: 351

Activity: 50
Current supply is about 10.8 million. Inflation is about 1 million per year (1 Shift forged every 27 seconds).
https://explorer.shiftnrg.org/

Will the inflation be less in the future? Is there a cap on total number of tokens?

Inflation goes down as supply goes up. There was a blurb from Ralph on the Ryver a bit ago about the block reward increasing to 1.1, but nothing since. No cap on total number of coins. The relatively low supply right now could be argued as good or bad.
Activity: 867
Merit: 1000
Vote for my delegate/pool Bran! I will be sharing 15% of forged rewards to my voters! Right now I'm 129, just need some more votes to get the 101. Voters payouts currently go out once every 48 hours. Thank you.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
https://www.shiftnrg.org/theteam/

You can access their githubs and such here

Talk to the teammembers directly if you have any questions by signing up to the Ryver Chat, the team is available every day as they develop Shift/Phantom

https://www.shiftnrg.org/contact/

thanks
Activity: 6
https://www.shiftnrg.org/theteam/

You can access their githubs and such here

Talk to the teammembers directly if you have any questions by signing up to the Ryver Chat, the team is available every day as they develop Shift/Phantom

https://www.shiftnrg.org/contact/
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Is there any more info on the development team
Pages:
Jump to: