Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.6.1.1 | United Kindom | Cryptopia - page 2. (Read 463975 times)

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
Wallet won't sync need more nodes plz.  Smiley

You should have no issue with the DNS seednodes that are hardcoded, but here you go:

"addr" : "45.32.178.232",
        "addr" : "108.61.216.195",
        "addr" : "54.37.46.84",
        "addr" : "71.213.38.4",
        "addr" : "82.70.129.110",
        "addr" : "208.38.200.241",
        "addr" : "90.196.80.78",
        "addr" : "185.220.100.247",
        "addr" : "191.177.203.233",

If peers are dropping you, you may want to verify your copy of the blockchain against an explorer. If you find you've forked, a recent snapshot is available via the sterlingcoin.org website (Download > Recent Snapshot).

Sorry it is giving you difficulties.

Happy Mother's Day any moms out there!
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003
Wallet won't sync need more nodes plz.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Greetings Sterlingcoiners,

The long delay with SLG 2.0, and completion not feasible in the foreseeable near-future, has caused us to reconsider the current market situation, currently having only one and with little exposure and liquidity. After some deliberation with telegram users and discord users, we've started to seek other listings. Altilly, freiexchange, and unnamed have been contacted thus far, suggestions are welcome. Altilly has already put us in this round of voting, https://www.altilly.com/page/listingvote, so please do vote, vote often, and encourage others to vote. I got us started with 115 votes and I do think we can win the vote with a little effort and support from the community.

Thanks in advance for any votes and thanks for the continued support, Sterlingcoiners!

Voting was subverted. We are listed!

Happy trading, Sterlingcoiners!

legendary

The long delay with SLG 2.0, and completion not feasible in the foreseeable near-future, has caused us to reconsider the current market situation, currently having only one and with little exposure and liquidity. After some deliberation with telegram users and discord users, we've started to seek other listings. Altilly, freiexchange, and unnamed have been contacted thus far, suggestions are welcome. Altilly has already put us in this round of voting, https://www.altilly.com/page/listingvote, so please do vote, vote often, and encourage others to vote. I got us started with 115 votes and I do think we can win the vote with a little effort and support from the community.

Thanks in advance for any votes and thanks for the continued support, Sterlingcoiners!

legendary
Happy 6 years Sterlingcoiners!  Smiley

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)
Hi Steven

Well done on producing SLG 1.7.  It looks really good, and is behaving in a more stable fashion than its predecessor (at least on my setup).

Another big step forward for the Sterlingcoin project, and that in very adverse circumstances!  Grin

I trust that your new office environment is proving to be conducive to development work, and that SLG 2.0 is not too far off now.  Keep up the good work, and stay safe.

Sterling Sentinel
legendary

SLG v1.7 binaries are finally available:

Mac OS X - https://Sterlingcoin.org/Sterlingcoin-v1.7-qt.dmg

Win x86 - https://Sterlingcoin.org/Sterlingcoin-v1.7-qt-x86-v1.7.1.2.exe

Win x64 - https://Sterlingcoin.org/Sterlingcoin-v1.7-qt-x64-v1.7.1.2.exe

Linux users, please build from source: https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.7-Release

Changes include:

OpenSSL v1.1 w/ backward compatibility.
Miniupnpc 1.9.
Boost 1.66 & 1.7 compatibility.
Various compiler warning fixes.
Adds London dedicated seednode.
Maintenance.
GUI update.

This is not a required upgrade, but is recommended.

Thanks in advance for upgrading at your earliest convenience.
legendary
Hi Sterlingcoiners,

Work has been continuing as diligently as possible, yet we are still not ready for release. The repo has been changed back to WIP as we have uncovered an issue with the OpenSSL v1.1 upgrade implementation. Users that had built from source and upgraded to v1.7 (v1.7.0.0, v1.7.0.1, v1.7.0.2, and v1.7.0.3) should be advised to downgrade back to v1.6, because you might not be able to sign transactions properly and they will continually fail to create because of some misinterpretation of inputs, we believe at this time.

Sorry to be the bearer of this bad setback news, but rest assured, we are persisting as best and as fast as possible to get it corrected. Because we have now bled into planting season, this is going to push us out another week or 2, but still in Q2.

Again, sincere apologies. Please know, SLG v1.7 is still very much en route. Thanks in advance for understanding.
legendary
Happy Sunday Sterlingcoiners,

We're happy to inform, good progress has been made on the source code in preparation for Sterlingcoin v1.7! Progress such as OpenSSL 1.1, miniupnpc 1.9, and boost 1.66 & 1.7 compatibility, to name a few. This work is being done in a public repo, https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.7-WIP/ and a big thanks to gjhiggins for helping get it this far.

Most of the "maintenance" work and dependency-compatibility-updating to the code is done. Focus is now shifting to the front-end GUI, to give SLG v1.7 a fresh look. Please allow a week or 2 for that, then we will build and release for Windows and Mac.

To be clear, this is not the previously discussed new code base (aka "SLG 2.0") that we were planning to swap into. While those plans are not scraped, slow progress towards those goals deemed a new release of the existing code necessary. Version 1.7 will not be a required upgrade, though strongly advised, and will not need swapping into. Version 1.7 will, and does as of now, solve several incompatibilities preventing building on many "modern and mainstream" operating systems, such as Ubuntu, "out-of-the-box" and without downgrading dependencies. This is a good step forward for Sterlingcoin and v1.7 will better bridge the gap to v2.0, whenever we do cross that bridge.

Thanks for the continued support, Sterlingcoiners. Have a good and safe week!
legendary
Happy Easter Sterlingcoiners! I hope lockdowns do not prevent much enjoyment this Spring.  Undecided I hope some beauty of Spring can be found and enjoyed during this mayhem.

Best wishes to all! Stay safe! We'll get to the other side of this.
legendary

First and foremost; I hope everyone is as well as can be expected during these odd, even tragic, times of Covid-19. I hope everyone is able to obtain the supplies they need during all the various lockdowns of our various community members. My deepest condolences to those whom might have already had someone taken by this pandemic, as have I.

Secondly; sorry for the absence of posts here. There has been some small banter on telegram and discord. Please join there for more community chatter and welcome company.

Thirdly; sorry to report, "no news" has not equated to "good news" in regards to the new SLG 2.0 codebase. The previously mentioned and hoped for "winter focus" was replaced by the need for "day job" almost 2 months ago. Family illnesses have been a great financial strain lately. The position was too good to pass, all things considered... It is in a building myself, so no covid-19 exposure, and I'm allowed to work despite the lockdown in my state. It is a sales and support role form essential construction's supply needs. What's beautiful about the agreement is I'm allow to work on whatever I wish, less the rare customer interaction of phone or email. So, basically, I am being paid to have use of the owner's office and building. He is very much in support of "my coin stuff" and the position being an incubator with fast Internet and a technology budget.

Fourthly; because of the lack of progress with SLG 2.0, I suggest we have a new release of the current codebase, presumably version 1.7. Requirement being openSSL v1.1 compatibility, so as to build on current-release Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, et al. Perhaps some other enchantments. I think this can help maintain our foothold in crypto and buy the needed time for SLG 2.0, whilst supporting easier adoption in the present. ETA SLG 1.7 Q2 2020

That is all Sterlingcoiners. For now.

Stay strong. Stay healthy. Stay Safe. Stay staking your Sterlingcoin and thanks to those who do!
legendary
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Sterlingcoin? How much it value worth?
Activity: 1553
Merit: 23
Hey British friends, hello from New England region!

I am offering you an exchange listing at
ShorelineCrypto exchange at very low price, 0.01 BTC or  well below 0.005 BTC equivalent if the payment is paid on NewEnglandcoin (NENG) exclusively. Checkout
our other regional coin listing:
NewEnglandcoin (NENG) :  https://shorelinecrypto.com/market/DOGE-NENG
Quebecoin (QBC): https://shorelinecrypto.com/market/DOGE-QBC

ShorelineCrypto exchange at Bitcointalk Ann: 
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/exchange-shorelinecrypto-zero-withdraw-fee-listing-fee-0005-001-btc-5121953

There are quite many British supporters in North America. By listing your coin at American exchange, you can gain more exposure in another continent!
legendary
Committed a small revision to the current source code, https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.6.2.0-Release

Maintenance only, a more-recent checkpoint and updating copyright years. No plans to build and release Windows and Mac binaries at this time, there'd be little benefit and attention should remain on development of the new code.

This is to update the current code for the new year and to not have the repo appear stale. Well, too stale. Apologies for that. What little development time that could be afforded this past year was focused on development of the new code. Unfortunately, and as you know, that was not completely-fruitful. Fortunately; it can and is being brought into greater focus now.

Just getting ready to roll into the new year 2020 ready! Have a safe and happy New Years, Sterlingcoiners!
legendary

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays 2019, Sterlingcoiners!

On to 2020! Cheers!
legendary

Sterlingcoin (SLG)

Apologies for the lack of posts and communication. As you may have gathered, there's not been much to report. Please do not misinterpret this as abandonment. As previously mentioned this past spring and summer had been extremely demanding of my time largely due to my ill mother, care-giving, and the seemingly-perpetual travel associated. Also, it should go without saying, that the altcoin bear markets have required me to find other ways to make ends meet. I'm sure most, if not all, readers of this can relate to the later. Some perhaps the prior.

Fortunately I have escaped the bear markets without seeking full-time employment from others and outside of crypto, only smaller contracts and side jobs. This means I'll remain in control of my schedule as we in the northern hemisphere get ready to hunker down for winter. I do see the winter months becoming go time for Sterlingcoin "2.0".

The first testing of the PIVX fork earlier this year did not go as well as hoped, but much was learned and that progress is not lost, so long as we continue the PIVX direction. I do feel only a small part of that successful-PIVX-fork-puzzle was missed and will be found with enough focus. The winter months will certainly provide enough time for that focus.

Anyway, I felt it important to let our many long-time supports know we have not lost sight of SLG "2.0" and provide some communication. Please feel invited to our Discord for less-scarce communication and many thanks to those who continue to stake their Sterlingcoin and continue to support Sterlingcoin.

Have a great week Sterlingcoiners and to the future, cheers!
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

Thanks!

Besides store of value and privacy will it have another function or service? Digital IDs?

Westloin, can you please elaborate on digitial IDs, specifically how they might apply to Sterlingcoin?

Thanks mate.

Clocking up posts ...

Smiley

#crysx
Activity: 527
Merit: 251
Quality Crypto Collector

What are digital ID's?
legendary

Thanks!

Besides store of value and privacy will it have another function or service? Digital IDs?

You're welcome!

Digital IDs are an interesting idea, though not yet scoped nor planned. Does the community feel it should be a requirement?

Thanks in advance for any opinions! We do want to be sure that Sterlingcoin moves by community discretion and in that direction.
Pages:
Jump to: