Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.6.1.1 | United Kindom | Cryptopia - page 9. (Read 463975 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
sounds interesting and i think I'll be waiting for more complete information about the project, and hopefully there will be some bounties available.good luck and glad to those thing,hope will be successful one Wink Wink
Activity: 7
Sterlingcoin wow, it is still alive!!!
This was my first coin I bought back in 2014. Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore, but I will research it again when I catch some time. UK coin if I'm right?

This would be perfect time to buy, price around 0.00001048 per SLG, before this Crypto downhill in Q1 it was way over 0.00002 so chance to get some for bargain prices.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)
This was my first coin I bought back in 2014. Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore, but I will research it again when I catch some time. UK coin if I'm right?

Greetings!

I, too, got into SLG back in 2014 (October, in fact), and I've been with it ever since. I hope your researches convince you to re-invest.

It is not only still alive, but in very good health.  I am convinced that SLG will go on to achieve great things.

Sterling Sentinel
Hi Sterlingcoiners,

No real news to report at this time, but I wanted to let you all know we are still here. Further experimentation and inspection of the mentioned code bases, PIVX, Crown, and Solaris, does continue. It is an enormous undertaking and 2 of the bases are continually evolving more, having much larger development teams. Hopefully some testnet results can be reported in the not-so-distant future. Sorry there is none to report yet.

Happy Spring! Though it might not seem like it yet. Cheers!

Hi Steven, good to hear from you.

Glad to hear that your researches are advancing.  Don’t be at all concerned about the rate of progress; as you say, it’s an enormous undertaking.  It may take you to Q3 or Q4 to complete this but, as Rhett Butler would say “Frankly, Scarlett, I don’t give a damn!”.

A quality product takes precedence over early delivery, so TAKE YOUR TIME!!

As you are doubtless aware the entire crypto market is deep in bear territory, and likely to be in slumber mode for the duration of 2018, so it’s not as though SLG is going to be ‘left behind’ in any meaningful sense.  Time is on your side, Steven.

Anyhoo, I hope you have an enjoyable Easter weekend; I’m sure you deserve a break!!

Sterling Sentinel

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!

Yes, correct. Welcome back!
Activity: 332
Merit: 47
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
Hi Sterlingcoiners,

No real news to report at this time, but I wanted to let you all know we are still here. Further experimentation and inspection of the mentioned code bases, PIVX, Crown, and Solaris, does continue. It is an enormous undertaking and 2 of the bases are continually evolving more, having much larger development teams. Hopefully some testnet results can be reported in the not-so-distant future. Sorry there is none to report yet.

Great to read you keep the good work!!
Happy Easter!!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Hi Sterlingcoiners,

legendary

Hi Steven

Personally, I have absolutely no concerns about the pace of progress; I have total confidence in you to deliver this update in a reasonable time-frame and to the highest standard.  I had already told myself it wouldn't happen until Q2 anyway, as it's such a huge undertaking, but if you can do it by end of Q1 then that's a bonus!

As you specifically mentioned PIVX does that mean you have decided against the other options you were considering, Solaris, Crown etc?  I'd just be interested to know why you opted for PIVX over the others.

Sterling Sentinel

You are absolutely correct. I should not suggest PIVX as a certainty. It is not at this time. I only mention it as such because it is the base I have spent the most time experimenting with forking, but that is no reason for it to be a certainty at this point.

I have gained a lot of familiarity with Solaris during some of its hardforks with issues on its masternodes. Another community member and I aided during getting the chain moving again. My thought on PIVX was that it has a mature base with many active developers contributing. Amsterdamcoin-v4, a decedent of PIVX, is being observed also, if even to see successes and pitfalls of their forking. Solaris is probably the least mature of the 3 we have been heavily considering, but is a decedent of AmsterdamCoin-v4 and therefor PIVX. Some of these 'roads' all lead back to PIVX.

I was surprised to learn the longevity of Crown. Crown also has an attractive feature of not only masternodes but systemnodes that are rewarded lower and require lower collateral. I appreciate this from a fairness perspective for smaller investors. Though Crown's mining methodology does pose big questions, merged mined with BTC. Of course, the security that would come from that is alluring but, at this time we are not considering additional PoW rewards. But if this could be leveraged and security gained while retaining the 5.5% PoS, which I believe it could, it should remain a viable option. On that note of leveraging Bitcoin's immense hashing power, VeriBlock's technology is closely being monitored and I do have colleagues on that project.

I do want to deliver a Sterliningcoin that is of all expectations of a state-of-the-art cryptocurrency for present-day. I also would like to do this with the minimalist impact of any inflationary aspect for long-standing community members and holders. I do not want to change the supply, thus changing their investment calculations. However; masternode rewards will do as such if we retain the 5.5% annual as is. I think it is best to trade some slight supply increase that will come from masternodes in exchange for having the feature and continuing the 5.5% as is. We have a very scarce supply, I do not want to increase that much but, a new 'inflation' to the coin base will occur unless we changed the 5.5%. That too would alter previous investor calculations and I feel it would do so more unfairly.

Not to contradict any previous statement but, I do personally have concerns of zerocoin and such additional protocols that lend themselves to what could easily be viewed as potential illegal-activity-promoting enhancements. Especially for a 'country coin' or a coin aiming to be such. I think the pseudo-annonimity of the blockchain should suffice and people wanting more could add more layers themselves, such as mixing. Making it a feature of Sterlingcoin might be near-sighted and might prevent adoption in the future as laws catch up with the technology.

So yes, all options are on the table. None have been removed. If anyone in the community has concerns or wishes to voice any opinion, please do so at your earliest convenience. It will be much easier to incorporate your thought into the plans sooner rather than later. I invite those conversation here or, perhaps better for debating, in our Discord or Telegram. But the culmination of those debates will always make it into this thread, as some have into this post. Try as I might, I cannot keep complete awareness of everything in this industry. Input is always appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi Sterlincoiners,

Just wanted to provide a quick update to our otherwise currently silent thread. Due to personal matters beyond my control, the PIVX rebase is moving slower than was hoped. Rest assured, the work will continue as fast as possible and I do still remain hopeful for Q1. Apologizes for my recent absentee on Discord and Telegram, that too is because of the personal matter and a lack of consistent Internet connectivity because of it. I do plan for business as normal to return early this week.

Thanks for the understanding and have a nice week, Sterlingcoiners.

Hi Steven

Personally, I have absolutely no concerns about the pace of progress; I have total confidence in you to deliver this update in a reasonable time-frame and to the highest standard.  I had already told myself it wouldn't happen until Q2 anyway, as it's such a huge undertaking, but if you can do it by end of Q1 then that's a bonus!

As you specifically mentioned PIVX does that mean you have decided against the other options you were considering, Solaris, Crown etc?  I'd just be interested to know why you opted for PIVX over the others.

Sterling Sentinel
legendary
Hi Sterlincoiners,

Just wanted to provide a quick update to our otherwise currently silent thread. Due to personal matters beyond my control, the PIVX rebase is moving slower than was hoped. Rest assured, the work will continue as fast as possible and I do still remain hopeful for Q1. Apologizes for my recent absentee on Discord and Telegram, that too is because of the personal matter and a lack of consistent Internet connectivity because of it. I do plan for business as normal to return early this week.

Thanks for the understanding and have a nice week, Sterlingcoiners.
legendary
i downloaded wallet on web and lost 2 days  for update wallet. too long. and now it still out of sync

https://imgur.com/a/zbDuG

Hi silverf28,

Actually, in most cases, you do not need to resync for a wallet update. It can be a time consuming process, yes and I understand your frustration. But it looks like you are near and I see you do have more than a few peers. The best thing you can do is allow it to run its course, uninterrupted if possible.
Activity: 27
i downloaded wallet on web and lost 2 days  for update wallet. too long. and now it still out of sync

https://imgur.com/a/zbDuG
legendary
Thanks for the info. i might try to mine it for a week to get some and hope that the price will go up. If it is trying to partner with Pivx, that would be cool. I can't find if anyone is accepting this anywhere in the UK yet.

To be clear, it is not a PIVX "partnership" per se. The PIVX code is open sourced. We are aiming to fork it, modify it to our needs, and then release it under the Sterlingcoin name. It is normal in open sourced software and very normal in cryptocurrency. Of course credit will remain to the many PIVX developers and done with respect to them all. We have been having some of those discussions in our Discord and all are welcome. It is a very pain-staking process. It will require much time and an ETA cannot be given at this time. I apologize, but there are still too many unknowns to do so with any certainty.

Sorry to inform you, PoW has long-ended. The only mining that remains is PoS. You will have to hold Sterlingcoin in a fully-synced and unlocked wallet to mine via Proof of Stake mining.

I am sure crypto-friendly merchants would accept. Especially when volume levels will allow them to know they will be able to convert large amounts to the fiat they need. Instant point-of-sale fiat conversions will allow them to remove risk from crypto-market fluctuations. We have options here, but with drastic network changes looming, it is best to wait so limited resources are not depleated twice-over.

Thank you for your interest.
Activity: 168
Put it all on the line and go for broke
Thanks for the info. i might try to mine it for a week to get some and hope that the price will go up. If it is trying to partner with Pivx, that would be cool. I can't find if anyone is accepting this anywhere in the UK yet.
Activity: 7
let us know if this project have any direction??

It was mentioned before that this project is now looking for PIVX forking which would be awesome news. Also all network systems and services are running. 2018 looks promising, volume returned to cryptopia (at least compared to what it was 2017) but still a lot to do and achieve.
legendary
there is a discord server ?
Yes, as mentioned, http://discord.me/Sterlingcoin

this coin is alive?
Yes.

twitter is damm silence !!
no update about nothing Cool
You could assist and tweet / retweet. A quick search yielded many recent and relevant tweets.

You have been let to know. Please let yourself read.

great day!
You as well! Cheers!
Activity: 118
there is a discord server ?
this coin is alive?
twitter is damm silence !!
no update about nothing Cool
great day!
legendary
i will buy this coin with good price and no sell  Cheesy

Be sure to stake your Sterlingcoin to grow your investment by 5.5%! Wink
Activity: 27
i will buy this coin with good price and no sell  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: