Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.6.1.1 | United Kindom | Cryptopia - page 7. (Read 463975 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

Hi,

Haven't heard about that swap before  Sad
I'm guessing the objective of the coin will remain the same since that was the reason to buy it in the first place

rw

Absolutely and supply will stay the same also. As that may have also been a reason to buy.

Yes, it will be carried out with complete respect to long-standing holders.

Great to read that!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

Hi,

I'm guessing the objective of the coin will remain the same since that was the reason to buy it in the first place

rw

Absolutely and supply will stay the same also. As that may have also been a reason to buy.

Yes, it will be carried out with complete respect to long-standing holders.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
That is, the coin, in its present form, has outlived itself?
I still can not decide whether to buy it or not(

Yes, correct.

Sterlingcoin and the Sterlingcoin community would like to implement features that were not yet matured back in 2014 when Sterlingcoin launched, such as masternodes. To achieve this we are cloning a more modern codebase, rebranding it and reconfiguring it, and will be launching a new blockchain. Then holders of the original Sterlingcoin (the Sterlingcoin that exists now) will be able to swap their original Sterlingcoin for the new and improved Sterlingcoin. Both blockchains will be supported throughout this swap period but, in time the original Sterlingcoin will no longer be supported.

Hi,

rw
legendary
Please be advised, a fork of the network is being investigated.

Please do not move coins until this is corrected.

It is actively being worked on. At this time, https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slg/ does concur with seednodes. http://transactions.sterlingcoin.org is being re-synced. Please disregard its information.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It is being corrected as fast as possible.
legendary

Yes, correct.

Sterlingcoin and the Sterlingcoin community would like to implement features that were not yet matured back in 2014 when Sterlingcoin launched, such as masternodes. To achieve this we are cloning a more modern codebase, rebranding it and reconfiguring it, and will be launching a new blockchain. Then holders of the original Sterlingcoin (the Sterlingcoin that exists now) will be able to swap their original Sterlingcoin for the new and improved Sterlingcoin. Both blockchains will be supported throughout this swap period but, in time the original Sterlingcoin will no longer be supported.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 305
legendary
Why is the coin traded on only one exchange?
This is normal?

Hi Andrey,

Because we are planning and working on a coin swap in the future, we have not actively pursued addition onto more exchanges. At this time, it is not in our best interest to do so. Having more exchanges during the swap will only muck things up during that time.

No, it is not normal and certainly will not be the case after we move into a more modern code base, hence the swap. While we are not intentionally on only one exchange at this time, it does work to our favor that we are.

Thanks for your interest and questions. More exchanges will be pursued at the appropriate time.
Why is the coin traded on only one exchange?
This is normal?
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
Is this coin alive?
How to calculate the percentage of PoS?
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
Happy millionth block, Sterlingcoin!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
I ask for my friend : The Sterlincoin Client is using 20-30% of my cpu very often. how can I reduce this?

Just a guess, but it sounds like it might be a case of "UTXO bloat".

If you have ended up with, over time, a large number of small stake rewards that are now themselves staking, this can result in an increased demand on the CPU when calculating stakeweight.

Try rounding them up into a single tx and send it to yourself, thus reducing the number of txs in the UTXO set. You can do this just by sending, say 50 coins to yourself, the client will make up the total from the "small change" that it has lying around. All you lose is a bit of stakeweight for a short time. You might need to repeat the exercise until all the small change has been changed into 50 SLG bills, making counting easier (as a rough analogy).

Slimcoin suffers fom the same (or a similar) problem / design tradeoff and I've found bulking up the accumulation of small stake reward txs into a larger tx sent to myself (I use a dedicated address labelled "Stakepot") is a reliable way of reducing the demand on CPU.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
I ask for my friend : The Sterlincoin Client is using 20-30% of my cpu very often. how can I reduce this?

Sorry your friend is having this frustration. Without knowing more, I will assume you are asking about a Windows Sterlingcoin Client and better and/or dedicated hardware is not an option.

Your friend could stake less-often. This can be done by encrypting your Sterlingcoin wallet.dat, thereby making it locked by default, and only unlock it once a week or once a month. Though you will, as always, experience high cpu usage during network sync. If you opt to stake less-frequently, you may want to leave your wallet locked to remain in sync.

Conversely, you could stake less-often by enabling and disabling staking via "staking=1" (true) or "staking=0" (false) added to your sterlingcoin.conf file. This option works for both encrypted and un-encrypted wallets. That file would be located withing your Sterlingcoin data directory which, on Windows, is C:\Users\[your Windows username here]\AppData\Roaming\sterlingcoin or just %appdata%/sterlingcoin/

So long as you stake for several hours, long enough to stake a block once or more a month, your PoS reward will be 5.5% annual. Though more often is appreciated because your computational contribution does help the Sterlingcoin network. Running a synced node, even when not staking, does also help the network, but to a lesser-degree. Both are appreciated.

If your friend has a 64-bit cpu, they will be happy to learn a 64-bit-specific build is expected the next release. There is no firm ETA of that as of this moment, but do expect one in the near future.

To you and your friend, thanks for supporting Sterlingcoin.
legendary
Im wondering that All 3 team members still alive?  Or maybe only one of them still posting here?

All 3 are still alive, yes. However; only one is active on Sterlingcoin, I regret to inform you. That has been the case for years.

Only one has been posting here, yes. That also has been the case for years.

While Matthew and Spencer have moved on, I, Steven, refuse to abandon the project. I do strongly believe in Sterlingcoin's future and place in the unfolding cryptocurrency industry and horizon. While it is not possible for me to output the same man-hours as a team of 3, I do my best on-top of all my many other obligations. Obligations in my personal and professional life sometimes must be higher priority, which has been the case much of the start of 2018.

So yes, community members' contributions and help are always very greatly appreciated. On that note, thanks to Wizzkidy for helping to maintain the Telegram!
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Probably with the bitcoin jumps at this time will restore the price of Bitcoin and Altcoin again stable, because many people hold their coins for a very long time, by investing in the long term so as not to lose, if we sell our coins when the price is like this it will harm our own, because bitcoin will not recover in the near future,

Consider me as one of those people.
Activity: 13
Activity: 12
Im wondering that All 3 team members still alive?  Or maybe only one of them still posting here?
legendary
Been a bit quiet here lately, I've been busy myself with the company and studies. SLG price range seems to be around 850-1200 satoshi atm with random spikes above 2000 satoshis.

Bitcoin itself seems to be dropping quite a bit. First time since 2015 that we have gone under the 50-week MA. From technical analysis point of view this seems bad, but on the other hand, those have never worked with cryptos anyways. I do enjoy speculating with them as I have studied economics, currently more focused on accounting which is my major and finance as minor and trying to get that masters degree done soon.

Anyways, back to SLG, what are the plans for the summer ? Hopefully everything still in schedule and good Smiley

Sorry for the lack of communication. Things are good, yes. Schedule, not so much.

There will be a release, implementing zapwallettxes to remove unconfirmed transaction and other small enhancements, prior to any swap into a new codebase. Reasons being: the time since a release, the delay and time needed for the new codebase, and the potential need for zapwallettxes by users and service providers proceeding a swap. This code, v1.6.1.1, does reside in a personal repo now and is tested. Binaries will be built in the near future.

Because of the industry-wide bear market since December, personal constraints, and professional demands, development of the new codebase and the plan to swap into it have been unexpectedly slow. I apologize for that. But rest assured, Sterlingcoing will always march forward. Hopefully priorities can be readjusted in Q3 in Sterlingcoin's favor.

Have a great week, Sterlingcoiners. Smiley
Activity: 7
Been a bit quiet here lately, I've been busy myself with the company and studies. SLG price range seems to be around 850-1200 satoshi atm with random spikes above 2000 satoshis.

Bitcoin itself seems to be dropping quite a bit. First time since 2015 that we have gone under the 50-week MA. From technical analysis point of view this seems bad, but on the other hand, those have never worked with cryptos anyways. I do enjoy speculating with them as I have studied economics, currently more focused on accounting which is my major and finance as minor and trying to get that masters degree done soon.

Anyways, back to SLG, what are the plans for the summer ? Hopefully everything still in schedule and good Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)
Sterlingcoin has been added to the voting list for inclusion in Easy Crypto, a brokerage based in New Zealand.

A total of 20 votes is required for listing; this should be an easy win for the SLG community!!   Grin

Please register and vote now.  Thank you.  

https://www.easycrypto.nz/vote/

Sterling Sentinel
Pages:
Jump to: