Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.6.1.1 | United Kindom | Cryptopia - page 4. (Read 463975 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Hello Sterlingcoiners,

This weekend we are going to start the first public tests of the new codebase. I do not expect it to go off without a hitch, in fact I expect them. But it is only a test, a dry-run of sorts. The swap will be simulated also. No existing Sterlingcoin will be moved, but this is a good opportunity to put the swap interface through some paces also. Feel free to poke around at that interface. Of course, do not send coins.

If you are interested in participating in the testing, please join us in our Discord. The only prerequisites to help with testing are: 1) access to a Linux machine (VM or VPS are fine) and 2) being reasonable available should we need to clear the blockchain, pull, rebuild, and start the process over.

Several are already ready to help this testing, many thanks to them. The testing should start within 24 hours. Feel welcome to join us over the weekend.

Wishing you all, and especially our tests Wink , a great weekend!

The test was launched this morning, about 12 hours prior to the time of this post and 12 hours after the quoted post. While some issues have made themselves apparent, there is no need to not let the testing run through its mining phases. PoW was set to only 3 days, ending Monday morning and only being CPU mined so most anyone could. The test will continue all weekend and into next week. All-in-all not largely disappointing results thus far, though I admit work does remain. This test's purpose was to help identify those needs. Not by any means to be a showcase of a finished product. Thanks in advance if you can find the time to help test a larger network than I can alone.

Cheers!
legendary
Hello Sterlingcoiners,

This weekend we are going to start the first public tests of the new codebase. I do not expect it to go off without a hitch, in fact I expect them. But it is only a test, a dry-run of sorts. The swap will be simulated also. No existing Sterlingcoin will be moved, but this is a good opportunity to put the swap interface through some paces also. Feel free to poke around at that interface. Of course, do not send coins.

If you are interested in participating in the testing, please join us in our Discord. The only prerequisites to help with testing are: 1) access to a Linux machine (VM or VPS are fine) and 2) being reasonable available should we need to clear the blockchain, pull, rebuild, and start the process over.

Several are already ready to help this testing, many thanks to them. The testing should start within 24 hours. Feel welcome to join us over the weekend.

Wishing you all, and especially our tests Wink , a great weekend!
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)
A very Happy New Year to everyone in the Sterlingcoin Community.  Kiss

Sterling Sentinel
legendary
Here's to a very prosperous 2019, Sterlingcoiners!  Smiley

Cheers!
Activity: 487
Merit: 100
Thank you so much for the kindly words.

Merry Christmas Sterlingcoiners!
~
Have a safe and very Merry Christmas! 

No problem!
The most important thing is the team have kept doing their works, and developing the project despite of the terrible bearish year of 2018.
Fortunately, it has finally gone away, and a year of 2019 to come with Green positive early signals.
Sorry for the lack of updates since November's posted update above.
legendary

Merry Christmas Sterlingcoiners!

Sorry for the lack of updates since November's posted update above. The holidays, my family life, my professional work, and harvesting of field crops have kept me very busy in December. I have found small amounts of time to do some simulated tests of what I foresee as the best path for launching of the new blockchain and its mining (swap option 1 from November's linked post / update).

After the holidays are past, I would like to do some public testing. Community members interested in participating should join our Discord or be in some other direct contact with me and others of the testing. Reason being we may, in fact most likely will, need to delete the chain and start the process over a number of times. So some semi-direct, at least daily-availability, communication will be needed as well as access to a Linux machine (virtual or VPS would be fine).

Ok, that is all for now. I did not want anyone to think the plan has been abandoned. Apologies for the silence.

Have a safe and very Merry Christmas! 
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
I go transactions.sterlingcoin.org.uk
I enter the transaction ID
Appears in the "Block Height or Hash not found."

How to see the transaction? Are you working on this? There is a link to the "working" blockchain?

The explorer is working fine, you may be entering the transaction ID incorrectly. Be sure you remove any trailing recipient number (i.e. "-000") from the transaction ID. Enter the entire transaction ID otherwise.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I go transactions.sterlingcoin.org.uk
I enter the transaction ID
Appears in the "Block Height or Hash not found."

How to see the transaction? Are you working on this? There is a link to the "working" blockchain?
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
Yes option 1 sounds better. Thanks.

No! option #2 is the wtg: privacy is important   Cool

importing a privkey is not difficult, usually.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Yes option 1 sounds better. Thanks.
Activity: 270
Merit: 5
Thank you for the detailed answer .. It looks very good.  Grin Smiley
I am happy that it continues and wish you much success.

That with the "stock exchanges" ... I use the Google translator and thought that the translation is correct  Wink Thanks for the correction  Smiley Smiley

I like Option 1 for the swap, if it happens then  Smiley
legendary
Hello,

Now the Sterlingcoin is no longer on any stock exchange.

Is there a plan on how to proceed?

I am someone who buys 1x a month for a small amount cryptos and I would like to buy sterling coins again.  Smiley Smiley

Hi TecScout, sorry for the slow response. I have been busy with some personal matters.

First, cryptocurrency exchanges are not stock exchanges. Stock exchanges are heavily regulated and insured amongst other things, so don't mistake the two as being the same nor playing by the same rules. They do not. Certainly not in this day and age.

As previously mentioned, Sterlingcoin is still on BTCPop.co (https://btcpop.co/) for exchange.

The plan is to rebase as a PIVX clone, a plan I am happy to announce is underway. I have been working the past several weeks on rebranding and reparameterising a Helium clone (which is a PIVX clone) in a personal, yet public, repo: https://github.com/CryptoCanary/helium/ before moving a more-readied version to the now empty Sterlingcoin repo of: https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-Core

Here are some screenshots of the work in progress thus far:

And here is one where I experimented with the toolbar to the right:

Please note these are not final representations of anything. The graphics used were just my quick attempts to make something that looked SLG-correct and for demonstration purpose to the community. Note these mined blocks are only mined on testnet. Mainnet will not have a new Sterlingcoin PoW phase out of respect for long-standing Sterlingcoin holders and as not to manipulate the supply that they anticipated and were promised. But please know that slight deviation from the potentially %5.5 annual might be needed as masternode rewards weight in. None of that can I speculate on at this time. Nor can I speculate on release dates. Far, very far, too much work and testing remains before that. Please do not ask those questions now, but conversation is very welcome. Contribution is also very welcome. The codebase is quite the leap forward from Sterlingcoin's current. Any knowledgeable people are humbly asked to help with this gigantic undertaking before Sterlingcoin. In regards to ETA all I will say is that it would be fabulous to release during the holidays / years end. If enough skilled people contribute, that goal may be achievable. If I trudge alone, it would be a longer ambition. On a good note, people have approached me privately and specifically one of those would be pivotal to bring this to fruition and in an understandable time frame.

Swap. Two options potentially exist:

1) We swap in-house where you send Sterlingcoin to a mechanism and submit your new Sterlingcoin address also. Your new Sterlingcoin address would be sent that amount from a premined balance that occurred on the new chain. The premine would be of the entire current SLG supply (~4.3 million). After a reasonable swap window has closed, the remaining premined would be done with what the community wants (i.e. burnt, use for promo, tip the devs a little, anything). Post-swap, the now old Sterlingcoin chain would be left to die.

2) The genesis block of the new chain sends to your address based on a blockchain balance snapshot of the current chain that occurred at a predefined time. This way, when you get your new Sterlingcoin wallet, you would just import the private key of your current SLG address and your funds would be there. The big difference with this method would be you would retain both your old Sterlingcoin and your new Sterlingcoin. Sterlingcoin Classic anyone?

All the above is just thoughts at this point. The only concrete decisions are 1) not manipulate supply on long-standing holders. 2) Move SLG into a modern-day-bleeding-edge crypto. Very much work remains. Of course I will inform the community when any live testnets are ready to be formed or any other notable progresses.

EDIT:

Activity: 270
Merit: 5
Hello,

Now the Sterlingcoin is no longer on any stock exchange.

Is there a plan on how to proceed?

I am someone who buys 1x a month for a small amount cryptos and I would like to buy sterling coins again.  Smiley Smiley
Activity: 138
Merit: 1
Is there any online wallet to move coins to? actually, just went to the site and found all I need.... think I will just use a paper wallet for now

Glad you were able to find what you needed.

For those still wondering, BTCPop.co is the only online wallet for Sterlingcoin at this time. Be reminded that leaving any coin at an exchange implies a greater degree of risk. The safest way to store any cryptocurrency is in a wallet you alone control and can define the security and backups of. This does include a Sterlingcoin paper wallet, though you will not be rewarded %5.5 annual network rewards for helping to process transactions and securing the blockchain. BTCPop.io does have group staking to earn the %5.5, but does charge fees. The absolute best place to store your Sterlingcoin, in regards to your own safety, security, and aiding the network, is in a Sterlingcoin wallet client staking on your own equipment.

Thank you to all who are able to and do stake their Sterlingcoin in their own wallet, as it does help the network. If you cannot, BTCPop and a paper wallet are your remaining current options to remove your Sterlingcoin from Cryptopia before the November 9th delisting.

EDIT (minutes later): Yes, group staking at BTCPop does aid the network. But greater risks do remain as do the fees.

For many users, coldwallets on exchanges are still preferable.

>>> Rule #1 In Cryptocurrency <<<

is that you NEVER keep your funds on an exchange or  use it as a "wallet" or holding place.

It is a dis-service to spread such information.  New crypto users need to know and old crypto users ALREADY know.

This is NOT banking.  People are used to "banking."

(Because banks have marketed effectively saying "let us hold your money for you!  don't do it yourself, we can do it better!")

This is entirely different.  This is the world of cryptocurrency.

If you do not have the private keys (or recovery phrase) to your OWN personal wallet

THE FUNDS ARE NOT YOUR OWN.

If the exchange gets hacked, shut down, confiscated, infected with malware or a virus, theft from an inside job, theft from an outside job, theft from regulators or government shutdown, raided or any other kind of thing

your coins are GONE.

Example - with TradeSatoshi this past week they-- for their reasons-- arbitrarily exchanged ETH tokes for NewYorkCoin, effectively erasing EVERYONE's millions and millions of coins, while those who had their coins on other exchanges and in Coinomi and other wallets were SAFE.

NEVER.  EVER.  EVER. E V E R *leave* your coins on exchange.

NEVER.

Remember This Post.

I will never, ever, ever let someone lose thousands if not millions of dollars because they didn't know that you are never supposed to keep money on exchanges.  A few years ago 10,000 BTC was nothing and famously bought two cheese pizzas.  Today it's over

$63,000,000.00 USD

This is f____g serious people.
Activity: 798
Merit: 256
Is there any online wallet to move coins to? actually, just went to the site and found all I need.... think I will just use a paper wallet for now

For those still wondering, BTCPop.co is the only online wallet for Sterlingcoin at this time. Be reminded that leaving any coin at an exchange implies a greater degree of risk. The safest way to store any cryptocurrency is in a wallet you alone control and can define the security and backups of. This does include a Sterlingcoin paper wallet, though you will not be rewarded %5.5 annual network rewards for helping to process transactions and securing the blockchain. BTCPop.io does have group staking to earn the %5.5, but does charge fees. The absolute best place to store your Sterlingcoin, in regards to your own safety, security, and aiding the network, is in a Sterlingcoin wallet client staking on your own equipment.

Thank you to all who are able to and do stake their Sterlingcoin in their own wallet, as it does help the network. If you cannot, BTCPop and a paper wallet are your remaining current options to remove your Sterlingcoin from Cryptopia before the November 9th delisting.

EDIT (minutes later): Yes, group staking at BTCPop does aid the network. But greater risks do remain as do the fees.

I think this ad should be fixed in the first message on topic.
For many users, coldwallets on exchanges are still preferable.
And they dont understand that they are a threat to the project in the sense that this is a complete centralization. And this project is just against that. Hoped everyone managed to do the necessary procedures.
Activity: 138

For those still wondering, BTCPop.co is the only online wallet for Sterlingcoin at this time. Be reminded that leaving any coin at an exchange implies a greater degree of risk. The safest way to store any cryptocurrency is in a wallet you alone control and can define the security and backups of. This does include a Sterlingcoin paper wallet, though you will not be rewarded %5.5 annual network rewards for helping to process transactions and securing the blockchain.

Remember remember remember remember this people!  Do NOT KEEP funds ON EXCHANGES!  They go down.  Get hacked.  Coins get delisted.  They can mark your account or transactions as "suspicious" and demand information from you-- and then STILL decide not to give you your funds back.  Just like a bank and the regular money system.  ANYTHING can happen.  Crypto is here to erase that kind of nonsense.

"The safest way to store any cryptocurrency is in a wallet you alone control and can define the security and backups of."

If you don't have the private keys to a wallet

the funds are NOT your own funds

they belong to the exchange.
legendary

Activity: 213
Activity: 798
Merit: 256
Cryptopia's Sterlingcoin wallet is now back online and available for withdrawal (not deposit) preceding the November 9th delisting.

Please remove any Sterlingcoin from Cryptopia ASAP.
Well done, Sterlingcoin team.
All your intensive efforts help to bring the wallet of Sterlingcoin on Cryptopia back to online.
Only two more days to move coins out Cryptopia.

Why this exchange does not understand???
There are a lot of withdraw complaints and more problems.
This exchange has a low trading volume and unresponsive staff. I thought it better to try to get on any other stock exchange and safer and better.
Pages:
Jump to: