Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 174. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
Now that we know the wallet and network are enhanced, I hope that those involved with the coin’s development are focusing on a very easy-to-use system for claimants. Realistically I hope that the end process is one where the claimant is able to sign up & start getting solar coins for their verified PV Systems within 15 minutes of when they begin the process itself (all in the wallet of course)…. Anything more is just too long and people will quit during setup a lot, guaranteed.

At this point I see a long haul for the low price (.03 & under) as we will need to see claimant milestones, like 10k, 100k, 1mil claimants, ect before we really see people start to pay attention, & we will need still millions more before a true barter/trade system is ubiquitous around the world for SLR like it is for BTC.

Most importantly we need more claimants & more people running the wallet since this will increase the number of people deeply invested in the network and ideologies behind it. Surely that will only lead to good things for network strength and permeation!

(hope all is well with everyone, Love the enthusiasm so far as SLR is kicking a** & taking names if you ask me so lets keep this train moving along.. no room for short-minded thinking when you have a 50+ year road in your sights)

This is an excerpt from a working solarcoin economics paper I am working on.....

Currency is a form of money.
A currency is a social protocol agreed to represent value by the people participating and agreeing to the protocol. I accept Visa, MasterCard, Dollars, etc.  As a protocol the value of the network of participants can be reduced and calculated per the number of nodes (participants) assuming a relatively stable flow of value across the network.  Fiat works for example by booting up with a massive demand (tax settlement) and supply flow driver (govt expenditures) which pushes the network to dominance (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect network effects) in a geography.  A willingness to support the protocol is enough to be part of the network from the perspective of other nodes.  

Currency derives its value from 2 forms of economic utility, speculative and transactional.  Speculative utility which is volatile is less interesting than growing stable transactional utility which is a mix of optional acceptance and capacity for value exchange. Below are some examples of economic networks and protocols. Some of them are currencies. Note: the value of the network below in some examples only includes the network owner and not the nodes.
Here is a link
*note: where the chart above includes "closed" networks Ebay,visa, etc. the utility/node only reflects network owner utility and not the collective utility which also accrues to participants.

https://www.zapchain.com/a/93TL8NKGHF

If this analysis of currency and economic value being a network effect holds true. then SLR gets interesting at fairly small number of claimant.  and yes you are correct it needs to be easier for the solar community.  Many are working on that with a mix of online wallets, direct inverter reading and partnerships with developer/installers.  

If this assumption hold correct then each 1,000 claimants could add roughly $800k in total to the network utility (market cap) of SolarCoin as a value representing protocol.  The SolarCoin energy credit as represented by the Generator pool of 97.5 billion coins is now worth $600m http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/  This gives SolarCoin the potential to become the largest private renewable energy program in the world in comparison to this global public summary.
Source data:https://maps.foundationcenter.org/home.php
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Now that we know the wallet and network are enhanced, I hope that those involved with the coin’s development are focusing on a very easy-to-use system for claimants. Realistically I hope that the end process is one where the claimant is able to sign up & start getting solar coins for their verified PV Systems within 15 minutes of when they begin the process itself (all in the wallet of course)…. Anything more is just too long and people will quit during setup a lot, guaranteed.

At this point I see a long haul for the low price (.03 & under) as we will need to see claimant milestones, like 10k, 100k, 1mil claimants, ect before we really see people start to pay attention, & we will need still millions more before a true barter/trade system is ubiquitous around the world for SLR like it is for BTC.

Most importantly we need more claimants & more people running the wallet since this will increase the number of people deeply invested in the network and ideologies behind it. Surely that will only lead to good things for network strength and permeation!

(hope all is well with everyone, Love the enthusiasm so far as SLR is kicking a** & taking names if you ask me so lets keep this train moving along.. no room for short-minded thinking when you have a 50+ year road in your sights)

One of the projects the foundation is working on is an automated claims process. At the moment it's still a manual process though the claims feature in the wallet was a positive step in the right direction, thank you Steve! Smiley

Hi all,
I just met the developer who wrote offlinewallet.info.
We are now in discussions.
It is a long road ahead, because in order to have the 15 minute claim process for the affiliate site, the private keys to every public key need to be in secure database and not offline completely how we originally envisioned it. (There are ways around this that we are discussing it).
That said, the developer is talented. He is interested in SLR. He is giving me a quote for his work, if approved then we will formally ask the solarcoin foundation for support via SLR development bounty, if his quote and proposal and work history stack up.
We will also fund a part of his work.

Best,
-lfloorwalker

Also check with Joe (Solaris33) about the Generator Pool project we are working on. This needs to go hand in hand. I don't know how much I am allowed to say but if you are actually developing something, Joe will need to give you some input which may change your course of action.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com

One of the projects the foundation is working on is an automated claims process. At the moment it's still a manual process though the claims feature in the wallet was a positive step in the right direction, thank you Steve! Smiley

Hi all,
I just met the developer who wrote offlinewallet.info.
We are now in discussions.
It is a long road ahead, because in order to have the 15 minute claim process for the affiliate site, the private keys to every public key need to be in secure database and not offline completely how we originally envisioned it. (There are ways around this that we are discussing it).
That said, the developer is talented. He is interested in SLR. He is giving me a quote for his work, if approved then we will formally ask the solarcoin foundation for support via SLR development bounty, if his quote and proposal and work history stack up.
We will also fund a part of his work.

Best,
-lfloorwalker
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
I would like to propose a few changes for Solarcoin block explorer : chainz.cryptoid.info

For example under the Rich List tab you can look at the wealth distribution.
It shows the following:

Wealth Distribution

Top N addresses   Holdings   Percentage
Top 10   98,001,962,572 SLR   99.97 %
Top 100   98,024,301,206 SLR   99.99 %
Top 1000   98,032,697,853 SLR   100.00 %
All 13626   98,033,762,364 SLR   100 %

This might be pushing people away from before even having done the research.
Can someone reach out to whoever is running this block explorer?
Maybe it would be better not to count the coins in the Reserve addresses in that section...

Also under the Largest Wallets tab the reserve address could have a little explanation concerning the coins that are reserved for claiming when you click on it so people don't automatically freak out about the size of those addresses Wink

That was why I left at first, so you can say that it definitely has a down side. I would have been one of the big coin holders too had I just mined it anyways from the start. I kick myself now since I came up with such great solutions and we have found ways to make this a non issue later. I never trust any Group holding any amount of coin and especially not that amount lol! I almost flipped last minute too since it was such a big number that they could never dump and if they did it would just dump to nil. So I erred on the side of caution.
Activity: 445
I would like to propose a few changes for Solarcoin block explorer : chainz.cryptoid.info

For example under the Rich List tab you can look at the wealth distribution.
It shows the following:

Wealth Distribution

Top N addresses   Holdings   Percentage
Top 10   98,001,962,572 SLR   99.97 %
Top 100   98,024,301,206 SLR   99.99 %
Top 1000   98,032,697,853 SLR   100.00 %
All 13626   98,033,762,364 SLR   100 %

This might be pushing people away from before even having done the research.
Can someone reach out to whoever is running this block explorer?
Maybe it would be better not to count the coins in the Reserve addresses in that section...

Also under the Largest Wallets tab the reserve address could have a little explanation concerning the coins that are reserved for claiming when you click on it so people don't automatically freak out about the size of those addresses Wink
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Who is dumping?
someone is throwing off SLR for 3-4 weeks or more (
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
legendary
Solarcoin.org
Has there been any concern with the now one flagged virus in virustotal ?

Jiangmin   Trojan/StartPage.wqo

this one is supposed to change your browser homepage. Does anyone no where it is in the code and to get rid of it?

I'd suggest running an app called "Junkware Removal Tool".

Activity: 724
Merit: 504
Has there been any concern with the now one flagged virus in virustotal ?

Jiangmin   Trojan/StartPage.wqo

this one is supposed to change your browser homepage. Does anyone no where it is in the code and to get rid of it?
solcrypto.com
Just wanted to say, the Solarcoin chain seems to be humming along quite nicely. My hat's off to you Steve. Well done Sir. Smiley

Thanks, we are pretty solid at ~1 minute blocks now.  Inflation is looking good too, 1.98050928%.

Is the network bandwidth still an issue for anyone?  I am 99% sure it's related to the "spam" blocks from 2.0.5 nodes.  I was about to put a trace on the getblock requests when mine suddenly quit receiving them.

-Steve

Hi Steve,
Is there somewhere to download the v2.0.8 linux wallet? The link on the main solarcoin.org page is down currently.
Thanks,
-lfloorwalker

here is the repository directory: http://solarcoin.org/downloads/

Now fixed. 

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Just wanted to say, the Solarcoin chain seems to be humming along quite nicely. My hat's off to you Steve. Well done Sir. Smiley

Thanks, we are pretty solid at ~1 minute blocks now.  Inflation is looking good too, 1.98050928%.

Is the network bandwidth still an issue for anyone?  I am 99% sure it's related to the "spam" blocks from 2.0.5 nodes.  I was about to put a trace on the getblock requests when mine suddenly quit receiving them.

-Steve

Hi Steve,
Is there somewhere to download the v2.0.8 linux wallet? The link on the main solarcoin.org page is down currently.
Thanks,
-lfloorwalker

here is the repository directory: http://solarcoin.org/downloads/

Now fixed. 
solcrypto.com

-Steve

Hi Steve,
Thanks,
-lfloorwalker
solcrypto.com
sunny boy can you give us any details if people are interested that where at these events?  TIA

Sure, Vipgelsi

SolarChange is currently in contact with several VC's for financing of the activity.

SolarChange website Beta is up: www.solarchange.co comments are appreciated,

SolarChange also in discussion with installers and monitoring companies for future activities

+1, great work.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
sunny boy can you give us any details if people are interested that where at these events?  TIA

Sure, Vipgelsi

SolarChange is currently in contact with several VC's for financing of the activity.

SolarChange website Beta is up: www.solarchange.co comments are appreciated,

SolarChange also in discussion with installers and monitoring companies for future activities
solcrypto.com
Does the amount of connected nodes affect the possible amount of interest generated in any way?
So would 30 connections generate more interest than 6 for example?

I'm running two wallets and do find that the one with between 20-28 connections does generates between 1-4 coins per stack per staked coins and the other which never goes above 8 connection never earns more than 1 coin per staked coins

Over the course of the day I have 40 lots of coins that are staked but it never seems to be more than 25% of my coins, I'm guessing that's something that is set in the code to prevent the largest wallets having most of the coins as at first I was getting up to 1,500 coins per stake which was very nice.

Nice, right at the start of the launch of PoST, the first day or two the big wallets got some big stake payouts. I guess this was the calculation code kicking in before it changed over to 10% and then 2%.

Any payouts before the change to 10% got never confirmed - the change to not confirm them was made before the change to 10% then 2%.

Yes that's right apologies my memory was incorrect on that.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Does the amount of connected nodes affect the possible amount of interest generated in any way?

I'm running two wallets and do find that the one with between 20-28 connections does generates between 1-4 coins per stack per staked coins and the other which never goes above 8 connection never earns more than 1 coin per staked coins

Over the course of the day I have 40 lots of coins that are staked but it never seems to be more than 25% of my coins, I'm guessing that's something that is set in the code to prevent the largest wallets having most of the coins as at first I was getting up to 1,500 coins per stake which was very nice.

Nice, right at the start of the launch of PoST, the first day or two the big wallets got some big stake payouts. I guess this was the calculation code kicking in before it changed over to 10% and then 2%.

Any payouts before the change to 10% got never confirmed - the change to not confirm them was made before the change to 10% then 2%.
solcrypto.com

Jump to: