Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 177. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
If you analyse the historical records of the solarcoin blockchain back to 2014/04/01, then it seems that a quadratic relationship and linear relationship are holding stronger than an exponential growth relationship (R squared values are higher) for time vs. market cap minus pre-mine.  I wish the prediction mechanism had more feedback loops in it, but at the moment that's our findings. We hope to analyse deeper as the blockchain progresses.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

Total unique node transaction volume is still too low to show meaningful equations like they do for Bitcoin and Litecoin. But it is progressing.
solcrypto.com
If you analyse the historical records of the solarcoin blockchain back to 2014/04/01, then it seems that a quadratic relationship and linear relationship are holding stronger than an exponential growth relationship (R squared values are higher) for time vs. market cap minus pre-mine.  I wish the prediction mechanism had more feedback loops in it, but at the moment that's our findings. We hope to analyse deeper as the blockchain progresses.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
All,

I just released 2.0.8 to help with the bandwidth issue.  You can get it using Help->Check for Update.

PS: I'm glad I can help some of you visit your parents more often. Wink

-Steve

Greatly appreciated Steve.

Downloaded and wallet running now. Was up to 5 GB from midnight to now (9 am) so will be interesting to see how much impact the new wallet has.

Check of overnight figures shows data usage on my wallet has dropped from the 5 GB I quoted above for version 2.0.7, to 70 MB for version 2.0.8 for roughly the same period of time (actually a little longer). Wallet is ticking away with 20 connections to the network.

Once again, thanks Steve. Keep up the great work.  Grin

This is amazing, thanks Steve, now we can run it in many countries on low-bandwidth.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

Agreed, everything is going along smoothly now with barely any data usage at all from the wallet; looks like about one MB down and less than 0.5MB upload per hour for me. Great stuff!! Cheesy

Oh, and apologies for being part of the problem...  Embarrassed Shocked
solcrypto.com
All,

I just released 2.0.8 to help with the bandwidth issue.  You can get it using Help->Check for Update.

-Steve

Downloaded and wallet running now. Was up to 5 GB from midnight to now (9 am) so will be interesting to see how much impact the new wallet has.

Check of overnight figures shows data usage on my wallet has dropped from the 5 GB I quoted above for version 2.0.7, to 70 MB for version 2.0.8 for roughly the same period of time (actually a little longer). Wallet is ticking away with 20 connections to the network.

Once again, thanks Steve. Keep up the great work.  Grin

This is amazing, thanks Steve, now we can run it in many countries on low-bandwidth.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
All,

-Steve

Once again, thanks Steve. Keep up the great work.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Is there anyway to stake my whole wallet.  Seems it is only using about 18% of my coins for staking.

Your whole wallet is staking unless you allocate some coins for not staking.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Is there anyway to stake my whole wallet.  Seems it is only using about 18% of my coins for staking.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
The new update seems to have fixed the bandwidth issue

I have been monitoring it for the last 3 hours and only 4 MB down and 600 KB up 

Happy days  Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
that seemed to have solved it. 
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Wondering if someone could help me out here.  Since updating to POS, my wallet has never fully synch'd and thus has never generated any stake.

I seem to have gotten stuck about 13 days ago on block 830,127.

I always have 8 active connections and I've tried deleting and re-downloaded new peers but I can't seem to sync.

EDIT:

Im unpacking the bootstrap and going to try reloading the blockchain again.

Well, no actual figures to speak of, but it would seem that network traffic has reduced significantly... nice!

At this rate I'll be able to leave my home wallet open once again without fear of excess data usage, but will do a little more testing for now.
solcrypto.com
All,

-Steve

Thanks Steve

Thanks steve! Well done and excellent.

Best,
-lfloorwalker
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
for those wanting technical info on orphan blocks etc. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!extraction

also wallet changes and updates are here: https://github.com/onsightit/solarcoin

Technical specs for those who wanted port info:

RPC PORT = 18181
P2P PORT = 18188
All,

-Steve

Updating now, will monitor for a few hours & report back. Thanks Steve!
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
All,

-Steve

Activity: 300
All,

-Steve

Thanks Steve
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
All,

I just released 2.0.8 to help with the bandwidth issue.  You can get it using Help->Check for Update.

-Steve

Great stuff

Thanks Steve  Grin
Activity: 308
truth=(true?true:false);
All,

-Steve
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Thanks! Should be good. He is re loading as we speak.
Jump to: