Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 189. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
The blocks are moving (I saw 64 blocks per hour earlier today).  There will likely be another slow down, but hopefully not as slow, since a couple more 1.5 wallets updated to 2.0.6 and started staking.

PS: I have a lot of catch-up work to do on some other projects, but I will check back in here now and then.  Thanks everyone for your support.

-Steve

Thank you Steve!
I apologize, but if the unresolved issues remain unresolved as soon as possible, I am switching back to 1.5 all my 5 wallets with 7% of all 34mln SLR in them.
I am sorry man, this will not be a mistake with all current important issues hanging around - these do represent a major security issue for the SolarCoin blockchain.

Not cool.

Of course, the system we are building is not cool as of now, and this in not a joke.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
The blocks are moving (I saw 64 blocks per hour earlier today).  There will likely be another slow down, but hopefully not as slow, since a couple more 1.5 wallets updated to 2.0.6 and started staking.

PS: I have a lot of catch-up work to do on some other projects, but I will check back in here now and then.  Thanks everyone for your support.

-Steve

Thank you Steve!
I apologize, but if the unresolved issues remain unresolved as soon as possible, I am switching back to 1.5 all my 5 wallets with 7% of all 34mln SLR in them.
I am sorry man, this will not be a mistake with all current important issues hanging around - these do represent a major security issue for the SolarCoin blockchain.

Not cool.

-Steve

Thank you Steve!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);

-Steve
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Sorry noob questions:
With PoST will my Stake Time be saved and aggregated if the wallet isnt staking continuously? For example if i staked for 4 hours on Monday and 3 hours on Tuesday would I have 7 hours of Stake Time?

Is there a way to auto unlock for staking? On start the wallet needs to be manually unlocked AFAIK.

I only have a small balance of SLR (about 2.5), I assume that will reduce my chance of staking a block versus wallets with larger amounts?

Thanks.
After the 500th confirm things started rolling, my wallet released the 60,000 coins from stake and then staked half of those and found 1 reward right away, then found another and staked the other 30K. Happened very fast.

My other wallet with 10,000 had transactions later and took longer to stake. Then it stated 20 days to find another stake so coin age is in effect.

Only problem is the constant misreading of totals after staking. It says I have 90K in a 60K wallet since it added 2 30K stakes and somehow releases the stake and then grabs it but totals it. If I try to send the 30K it just says there is an error sending and then deletes the 30K from spendable and my staked stays at 60K.

So just a minor glitch in there but the coins do not spend.

Error: The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.

I never had 2 copies live so unless it is an attempt at a 51% attack I don't know what causes it.

In this case I would rescan my wallet and note the differnces after the rescan, then attempt the same transaction again.

Edit: so may be the "Spendable + Staking = Total > real total" issue might turn out to be more than just a GUI glitch
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
After the 500th confirm things started rolling, my wallet released the 60,000 coins from stake and then staked half of those and found 1 reward right away, then found another and staked the other 30K. Happened very fast.

My other wallet with 10,000 had transactions later and took longer to stake. Then it stated 20 days to find another stake so coin age is in effect.

Only problem is the constant misreading of totals after staking. It says I have 90K in a 60K wallet since it added 2 30K stakes and somehow releases the stake and then grabs it but totals it. If I try to send the 30K it just says there is an error sending and then deletes the 30K from spendable and my staked stays at 60K.

So just a minor glitch in there but the coins do not spend.

Error: The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.

I never had 2 copies live so unless it is an attempt at a 51% attack I don't know what causes it.
The issue with "Spendable + Staking = Total > real total" is back... will have to re-post.
The only solution I found to this one so far is a wallet rescan.

I just generated my second lot of interest while I still have roughly 50 confirmations left on the first lot of interest I generated, so my coins listed as Spendable do appear to be staking.

The balance also updated correctly this time and I'm showing Spendable as 52,000, Staking as 2,000 and Total as 54,000 (note, I've been rounding these figure to nearest thousand for the sake of clearer reading), so I'm not seeing the same issue as you this time with 2.0.6 even though I did have it with 2.0.5.

Funny thing is, I first saw the issue in 2.0.4, then thought it was gone in 2.0.5, now I see it again in 2.0.6, 2 times in a row (with a rescan between them, but also a new block found between them after the rescan). Looks like it happens at the transition of coins from staking to staked, and I did not see too much of that while in 2.0.5.

It sounds like it might be a GUI update issue rather than anything more serious.

Yes, that is my assumption, too, and Steve did mention that same reason. So it's bad looking, but should be easier to fix. I will be pushing for that along with the Stats window wording and labels/stat numbers being (additionally) displayed (Spendable with staking and reserve, Staked, Immature)
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
The issue with "Spendable + Staking = Total > real total" is back... will have to re-post.

I just generated my second lot of interest while I still have roughly 50 confirmations left on the first lot of interest I generated, so my coins listed as Spendable do appear to be staking.

The balance also updated correctly this time and I'm showing Spendable as 52,000, Staking as 2,000 and Total as 54,000 (note, I've been rounding these figure to nearest thousand for the sake of clearer reading), so I'm not seeing the same issue as you this time with 2.0.6 even though I did have it with 2.0.5.

Funny thing is, I first saw the issue in 2.0.4, then thought it was gone in 2.0.5, now I see it again in 2.0.6, 2 times in a row (with a rescan between them, but also a new block found between them after the rescan). Looks like it happens at the transition of coins from staking to staked, and I did not see too much of that while in 2.0.5.

It sounds like it might be a GUI update issue rather than anything more serious.
How long should it take to stake, my first wallet staked pretty quick with 1.500 SLR waiting to confirm, but my second wallet has been running for 18 hours and the the 100,000 coins have not budged

That's a "how long is a piece of string" question.  Grin

I have a single wallet with 54,000 coins staking for roughly four days now. I generated my first lot of interest on the 29/9. My second lot of interest was generated about an hour ago, so three days later. Like your wallets, my Spendable amount showed 54,000 until I generated my first lot of interest, then Spendable reduced and 1,000 coins were listed as Staking.

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
How long should it take to stake, my first wallet staked pretty quick with 1.500 SLR waiting to confirm, but my second wallet has been running for 18 hours and the the 100,000 coins have not budged

Just a small update: my first interest payment just got confirmed and my coins started staking again. it didn't take more than 10 minutes to find the next block of almost 200 SLR....now i can see my coins back in the staking tab and it looks like they have not ''split up''.
Should they not have split up like Steve said they would? I'm confused because if they don't split up how can the network keep ''rolling''if everyone's SLR just find a block and wait for 500 confirms

The 1 million address I had (testtest) staked all at once, again.

Issue:
Splitting up coins as was expected to happen and thus contribute to "reaching equilibrium" does not work.

Edit:
Oh, wait, not at once. In 2 consecutive stakes, both at 4:18. That is still much better! I remove the issue at this point, to be further watched.
And you know what this is:?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/clbemhjns49mtxa/206spike.PNG?dl=0

Wasting of resources. And then we all complain when we get out of stakable coins and back to 3 blocks/hour.

This is now confirmed:
If there is a feedback mechanism to target the target block rate, it's either not working properly, or it's not set up properly.

If so, can someone please clarify how exactly the confirmation process works? Is the confirmation process tied to block generation ie. 500 confirmations = 500 new blocks, or is it independent ie. a seperate function of the network that doesn't relate to the coin life cycle itself?

Thanks in advance.

I can answer my own question here, I've just updated to 2.0.6 and have been watching the number of confirmations verse the block height and can confirm (no pun intended) that with every increase in block height the confirmations increase proportionally.

On a happy note, it appears as thought the block height is now increasing about one block per minute. In the time it's taken me to check my confirmations and write this post I've watched the height go from 835744 to 835751.

Blocks are really rolling in fast all of a sudden! Updating to 2.06 now.. lets see how it goes

From 03:46 to 03:54 (8 minutes) we got 12 blocks. That's 50% faster than the target rate.
If so, can someone please clarify how exactly the confirmation process works? Is the confirmation process tied to block generation ie. 500 confirmations = 500 new blocks, or is it independent ie. a seperate function of the network that doesn't relate to the coin life cycle itself?

Thanks in advance.

I can answer my own question here, I've just updated to 2.0.6 and have been watching the number of confirmations verse the block height and can confirm (no pun intended) that with every increase in block height the confirmations increase proportionally.

On a happy note, it appears as thought the block height is now increasing about one block per minute. In the time it's taken me to check my confirmations and write this post I've watched the height go from 835744 to 835751.

Blocks are really rolling in fast all of a sudden! Updating to 2.06 now.. lets see how it goes

On my first attempt to update through the wallet the download stopped at 99%, then failed. I retried and it worked fine the second time. Hope yours goes smoothly.

Just updated. It worked right away. Nice to see that I already have over 50 confirms on my new interest payment. It seems like the network is working much ''faster''now Wink
Special thx to Steve who has put a lot of effort into this!

Glad to hear it went smoothly.

Yes, big thanks to Steve for all his hard work and effort. Now if you can just fix it so my 53,000 coins sitting in Spendable start earning me some interest, that would be fantastic.  Tongue
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Maybe someone can answer this...
Is there any benefit of problem to running the same wallet on 2 or 3 machines simultaneously? Will it help or hinder the network?
I thought corather answered this question when you raised it before - he said running the same wallet on multiple machines at the same time would cause wallet corruption.
Oops, must have missed that.
Thanks
Maybe someone can answer this...
Is there any benefit of problem to running the same wallet on 2 or 3 machines simultaneously? Will it help or hinder the network?
I thought corather answered this question when you raised it before - he said running the same wallet on multiple machines at the same time would cause wallet corruption.
Jump to: