Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 184. (Read 466799 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Both wallets now on 837,050 as of now.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
All,

There are three nodes on 2.0.7 that have forked and need to reload the blockchain:

Current block height on the master node is 837044.

-Steve

Steve, I would strongly recommend to always advise a mandatory Rescan Wallet after Reload Blockchain.

What I witnessed was not only total balance on Stats being wrong (larger, as described previously by many people), but also coins "disappearing", all these after a blockchain reload WITHOUT a wallet rescan after that. Rescanning the wallet then fixes the issue, still it's good to remind everyone to do it mandatory after upgrade and/or blockchain reload.

Thanks!

That's a good point.  Rescan after a Blockchain Reload is a good idea if you have conflicted transactions.

-Steve
837,835 is this correct block?

Hi vipgelsi,  you are one of the three nodes on a mini fork.  Please run File->Reload Blockchain to get back on the main chain.

All,

This is a transition period from 1.5 to 2.0.1/2/3/4/5 to 2.0.7.  If you reload your blockchain, you will be in sync again.  Most already are, but there are about 15 wallets that are not on 2.0.7 yet.

For everyone, once you are in sync, shutdown your wallet and delete peers.dat  (on Windows, that's C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin\peers.dat) then restart your wallet.  This will clear up any nodes that have been banned by your wallet and will strengthen the network.

-Steve
All,

There are three nodes on 2.0.7 that have forked and need to reload the blockchain:

-Steve

Steve, I would strongly recommend to always advise a mandatory Rescan Wallet after Reload Blockchain.

What I witnessed was not only total balance on Stats being wrong (larger, as described previously by many people), but also coins "disappearing", all these after a blockchain reload WITHOUT a wallet rescan after that. Rescanning the wallet then fixes the issue, still it's good to remind everyone to do it mandatory after upgrade and/or blockchain reload.

Thanks!
Or maybe just add it in the code so a reload is followed by a rescan.

Yes, that would be THE BEST!
At the end of the day, if our intention is for mass adoption then the whole process has to be 'automatic', try explaining to grandpa Jo that he has to rescan his wallet or reload a blockchain.

The Reload Blockchain feature was designed for "grandpa Jo".  lol  It avoids the old method of wiping the data dir and resyncing from the genesis block.  There's definitely room for improvement, though.

-Steve
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
837,835 is this correct block?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Solarcoin.org
Looks like one of my wallets hit the wrong chain also, but one of them is on the correct one. Taking measures now.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
But why has the blockchain stalled since the fork? that would suggest that many of the wallets MUST be on the same chain as Epiphany and it has messed up the difficulty.

Not necessarily!
I think it might just be bad luck since we haven't given the POST algorithm enough time to ''split up''all the coins.  
My largest address for example is still receiving 2 SLR interest payments. Once all of the coins split up and mature I guess wo won't see the blockchain stalling anymore. but i'm no expert that's just a theory

Yes, you are right, that's what Steve has been saying, and that's completely logical.

What has been bothering me though (and still does) is that the only thing the system can do to compensate for all these luck/no luck scenarios is to use the built in feedback mechanism for self-adjustment - and it's not doing it!

If you look at the Difficulty column here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/
and see how it is changing according to the block rate.... Or is it even changing at all? And that IS the only mechanism the algo has to selfadjust to try to meet the target blockrate, at all times, wallets number, coins split up or not, etc.
I will keep insisting that Difficulty MUST go down on its own when block rate decreases like now, for no matter what reason, and Difficulty MUST go up when block rate increases to let's say 2-3 blocks/minute, for no matter what reason.
Activity: 406
Nothing I can do until the bootstrap finishes downloading. I have a couple of hours to kill. Be back later to let you know how I make out. Cheesy
Looks like it started slowing down about six hours ago, according to CryptoID. I was sleeping like a baby then. Smiley Nah, I like the idea that Bittrex forked it. Wink
Activity: 445
But why has the blockchain stalled since the fork? that would suggest that many of the wallets MUST be on the same chain as Epiphany and it has messed up the difficulty.

Not necessarily!
I think it might just be bad luck since we haven't given the POST algorithm enough time to ''split up''all the coins. 
My largest address for example is still receiving 2 SLR interest payments. Once all of the coins split up and mature I guess wo won't see the blockchain stalling anymore. but i'm no expert that's just a theory
Activity: 300
All,

-Steve

Thanks!

At the end of the day, if our intention is for mass adoption then the whole process has to be 'automatic', try explaining to grandpa Jo that he has to rescan his wallet or reload a blockchain.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
All,

-Steve

Thanks!

Wait a second though... wouldn't that mean that I should be getting all the rewards from the blocks being found? Because I'm not...  Huh
But my question is...
Since the fork the blockchain stalled and I didn't find a single block in the past five hours.
If the majority of us where on the correct blockchain why did we all stop finding blocks?

Unless of course, Epiphany is sitting on 20 million coins, that would probably explain it!

Hehe, not even close. Cheesy Cut off two zeroes and you're much closer. LOL
Wait a second though... wouldn't that mean that I should be getting all the rewards from the blocks being found? Because I'm not...  Huh
But my question is...
Since the fork the blockchain stalled and I didn't find a single block in the past five hours.
If the majority of us where on the correct blockchain why did we all stop finding blocks?

Unless of course, Epiphany is sitting on 20 million coins, that would probably explain it!
After all... she's a one lady blockchain!
But my question is...

Activity: 851
Do You Even Onion Bro?
always trying to get more of these when i can but sometimes it's hard but we got to stick to our gut feelings and i know  this is a Great coin.
Maybe you had some disciples

Judas, most likely.  Cheesy
But my question is...
All,

-Steve

Thanks!
Jump to: