Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 186. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250
I'm on 837041 currently,

I rescanned wallet and reloaded the blockchain.

This chain has been going very slow with my last payout approximately 5 hours ago.
Activity: 406
My three wallets are all on block 837,713 now.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Hmmm, ok if I restored to lets say to yesterdays back up would my wallet point to the right chain or is it a 50/50 chance of getting back on the same slow path i'm already on
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Bittrex is definitely not on the same chain that I am.

I'm not saying which one is the right one or the wrong one. But it seems to me, the one continuing at 1 block per minute is likely the proper chain. And that isn't the one Bittrex is on.

I'm at block 837040 too.

There was a post a page or two back about Bleutrade's wallet being encrypted and therefore not staking; would the same not apply to Bittrex? Either way, chalk up another quirk of the PoST transition!! lol
The big question now then I guess

How do we get back on the right path Huh

I don't know... Can the paths meet up again and sort itself out? Or I suppose Steve could provide a new bootstrap with the correct info and then just load that up?
Bittrex is definitely not on the same chain that I am.

I'm not saying which one is the right one or the wrong one. But it seems to me, the one continuing at 1 block per minute is likely the proper chain. And that isn't the one Bittrex is on.
The big question now then I guess

How do we get back on the right path Huh
Hmmm... Well if the chain you guys are on is slowing down and the one I am on for all three wallets is humming away at 1 per minute, then it would seem to me you guys are on a different chain. Isn't that right? The only way I can see that happening is if a HUGE holder suddenly turned their wallet on. And Bittrex just happened to come back a few hours ago. Can't be a coincidence.
My wallets are showing the exact same block height as the blockchain explorer.
at the time of this post we are at block 837040

Yes mine too 837040

Close your solarcoin wallet.
If you're on windows press start and type %appdata% and the hit Enter.
Then open your Solarcoin folder and back up your wallet.dat file.
Next Uninstall Solarcoin from your Computer and then restart it.
next go back to %appdata% and delete the Solarcoin folder from which you backed up your wallet.dat file.

Now reinstall Solarcoin 2.07 and let it do it's thing Wink upon reinstalling it should ask you if you want to load a backup of your wallet.
Press yes and select your wallet.dat file you backed up.
When everything is done and the blockchain has been reloaded, you should be good to go!
Let me know if this works!

No that didn't seem to work, still hanging with 640 blocks remaining
Activity: 445
I'm at block 837,637. Is this right?

Do you mean 837067?

837,642 now... It's way off where the block explorer says I should be. I don't get it.

EDIT: All three of my wallets are saying the same thing. They are all version 2.07, updated, scanned, all that.

EDIT2: Is the block explorer on the wrong chain somehow? My wallets are humming along, getting small interest payments now and then, but I'm like 500 blocks past the block explorer now. What block are others running 2.07 at?

That's weird?
My wallets are showing the exact same block height as the blockchain explorer.
at the time of this post we are at block 837040
Hello? Anyone here??? Cheesy

OK, so let's say I'm right. Would that mean that whoever has coins sitting at Bittrex could log in, dump them all, and send the BTC out before anyone notices, effectively selling all those buyers bum coins? Nobody would be greedy and stupid enough to do that though, would they? I know it's tempting but...  Roll Eyes
Crazy idea, I know... But could Bittrex have accidentaly forked the coin when they came online? There are 3 million SLR sitting in their wallets...  Shocked (EDIT2: That's like 7% of outstanding SLR! Cool )

I sent some SLR to my Bittrex address, just to see and on Bittrex, it still isn't even registering as pending.

I don't really know how all this stuff works, just throwing it out there as I sit here and try to figure it out on my own. Cheesy

EDIT: It's got 11 confirmations now on my wallet. Still not registering in my Bittrex wallet. No sign of it.

Do you mean 837067?

837,642 now... It's way off where the block explorer says I should be. I don't get it.

EDIT: All three of my wallets are saying the same thing. They are all version 2.07, updated, scanned, all that.

EDIT2: Is the block explorer on the wrong chain somehow? My wallets are humming along, getting small interest payments now and then, but I'm like 500 blocks past the block explorer now. What block are others running 2.07 at?

Do you mean 837067?
It does seem like the blockchain is getting stuck again though.. last block was over an hour ago
Can we take a moment and look at how Solarcoin has changed over time. Originally there was supposed to be 100 million SLR mined through proof of work, but the community came together and the code was changed to eventually knock the block reward down to 0.5 SLR to minimize inflation. The code was well written and performed as expected. Now here comes VeriCoin's PoST expertly customized and implemented to reduce the carbon footprint of Solarcoin even further. Further reduce inflation, and allow the network to be secured through minimal power consumption.

Even those who were a bit critical were very helpful and reasonable. Great leadership, great community, great concept. I have every confidence Solarcoin will complete its mission thanks to everyone who's been involved.

Indeed! Solarcoin is moving forward and I'm proud to be part of this community and the ongoing movement. The switch to POST was a little bumpy but that was expected. It looks like we are slowly getting rid of the last small wallet issues!
A big thank you to everyone who has been involved with SLR , together we are changing the world  Cheesy
I can't wait until more people start to realize that Solarcoin is so much more that just some other altcoin, it's about time a few exchanges removed all the crap they sell and add slr  Grin
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
I too am not experiencing any issues that I'm aware of since upgrading to 2.0.7. I've minted 10 blocks today of which seven are still awaiting confirmations and the remainder confirmed successfully. All previous interest payments have been confirmed successfully and I've had no rejects.

My wallet balances are updating correctly each time coins transition between states also.

The only thing I have noticed which is interesting, is my coins seem to be staking in groups of roughly 500 or 1000 each time. This is not new though, they've been staking this way since turning on PoST. I had expected all 54,000 of my coins to stake as one group given their age, but this might just be a misconception on my behalf.
The question is this - when selecting File -> Rescan Wallet, have you seen an error message like this one after the application restart is auto-initiated:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgq6gma757g0ixh/SolarCoin-2.0b12-2.PNG?dl=0

Not seen that error, but last night reloaded blockchain in the middle of staking due to hanging, when it finished 300,000 coins had disappeared, had to restore from backup then they reappeared but the current staking had disappeared and it started staking from the beginning again.

I have also never seen this error message
Close your solarcoin wallet.
If you're on windows press start and type %appdata% and the hit Enter.
Then open your Solarcoin folder and back up your wallet.dat file.
Next Uninstall Solarcoin from your Computer and then restart it.
next go back to %appdata% and delete the Solarcoin folder from which you backed up your wallet.dat file.

Now reinstall Solarcoin 2.07 and let it do it's thing Wink upon reinstalling it should ask you if you want to load a backup of your wallet.
Press yes and select your wallet.dat file you backed up.
When everything is done and the blockchain has been reloaded, you should be good to go!
Let me know if this works!

Thanks, I will give that a try if its still hanging when I get home.  Smiley
Jump to: