Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 3. (Read 466792 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 10
I had issues with my computer, and lost the roaming folder for my wallet.

Now, the wallet cannot find any connection to the network.

May I get a list of addnodes, please?

Code:
addnode=107.145.107.160:18188
addnode=213.91.205.134
addnode=77.76.151.248:18188
addnode=84.28.61.53:18188
addnode=78.247.48.157:18188
addnode=82.2.111.158:18188
Activity: 746
Merit: 500
I had issues with my computer, and lost the roaming folder for my wallet.

Now, the wallet cannot find any connection to the network.

May I get a list of addnodes, please?
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
Summary of the AMA call from yesterday:

Network theory of economics
-The average participating node in a network protocol (such as currency or reward) is worth somewhere between $500-$5000. The original research involved 50 of the world's largest currencies (incl. bitcoin and gold). The latest data involves research of 90 currencies going back about 30 years and that data supports the original thesis (each node is valued at $500-5000).

-SLR primary go-to-market strategy involves speaking with solar inverter manufacturers who act as monitoring portals and with utility companies.

-SLR is engaged with a CEO of a large monitoring company (couple weeks ago) and they seemed enthused.

SMA deal
-SMA is one of the largest monitoring platforms in the world.
-When we launched with SMA in February we anticipated significant uptake out of 300,000 users we were expecting 200-300 per day to sign up.
-Unfortunately the SLR feature was initially buried on the SMA platform (at initial launch) and so we were only seeing about 10-15 new sign-ups per day.
-More recently, SMA has moved the SLR feature up to the front of their platform and this has led to a substantial increase in the amount of claimants.
-We are now seeing anywhere from 60-200 claimants per day, and best guess is that the average will be about 100-120 new claimants per day. If this rate stays stable (which it has been over the last several weeks), then it puts us on track to add 30-45k new participants to the SLR network per year (and that is without any further marketing).
-This amount of new claimants will help us to make further SLR deals with other monitoring or utility companies.
-In the next couple years, we could potentially have around 70-100k participants.
-SMA is also looking into some other potential uses for solarcoin, but these ideas are still in their early stages and cannot be disclosed yet.

-There are potentially 30 million installations world-wide and growing every year.

-SLR will be presented to an impact investing conference for 300 family offices at the UN headquarters (Sept 5th).

SolarCoin collaboration with the Energy Web Foundation
-Three options:
   1) Keep slr blockchain as-is
   2) Bridge between slr and energy web (hybrid approach, e.g. polkadot network)
   3) Migrate to ERC-20 - one ERC-20 token will be given for one SLR
-SLR burn is still potentially viable, but if SLR does a migration to another chain, then the burn will occur after we figure out what the migration would look like.
-The benefit of migrating to ETH, it will make all the tools, merchants, exchanges infinitely easier for them because they inherit the entire ecosystem of ethereum tools and resources. In other words, it will be much easier to find someone to help with technical lifts and to do integrations. Use cases will emerge much quicker.
   (please post your opinions in the slack about the potential migration to ETH)

-Biggest growth in value is expected to come from bringing on new users (new SLR claimants).

Solarity concept
-The price of SLR at which point solar energy becomes free (when SLR = cost of energy).
-SLR becomes an economic advantage at about 10% of the solarity.

-SLR may raise the threshold for affiliates.
-Affiliates may have to bring in a couple thousand users and/or x-number of MWh of energy.

-There is one solar merchant looking at solarcoin.
-There were talks with a debit card company that can issue SLR debit cards and we plan to circle back with them once we have 20-30k users (maybe in 6 months).
-Right now the focus is just getting more users (which it looks like we will get from SMA).
Over 1100 new claimants since August 19th!
SolarCoin presentation at the United Nations Headquarters on Sept 5th. 

https://sdgfamilyoffice.org
AMA Call - following the SolarCoin Council call
Wednesday, August 28⋅9:00 – 10:00am ET (eastern time)
Join Zoom Meeting
Description:@channel SolarCoin Affiliate AMA (ask me anything) for technical questions etc. Friday 9AM New York
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:

-->  https://zoom.us/j/155721316  <--

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,155721316# or +14086380968,,155721316#

Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923

Meeting ID: 155 721 316
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/tzVoPutS
30 minutes before
I read that on a few different alt coin threads, we dont post or have stopped posting on the BCT thread.    Seems like a mistake, this thread is the most likely to be read by the outside world and the new growth to participation on the blockchain.   
  Fair enough if people dont find it that useful but if someone pops by and posts a digest of the open discussion elsewhere and obviously any formal updates then its going to help maintain awareness. 

I agree. I think it would be very useful if we can keep bct regularly updated with the conversations and relevant posts from the slack. There are a few of us who try to do that, but we are just not as consistent as maybe we should be.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
I read that on a few different alt coin threads, we dont post or have stopped posting on the BCT thread.    Seems like a mistake, this thread is the most likely to be read by the outside world and the new growth to participation on the blockchain.   
  Fair enough if people dont find it that useful but if someone pops by and posts a digest of the open discussion elsewhere and obviously any formal updates then its going to help maintain awareness. 
Is there more going on in Slack? How do I get in? The website doesn't have an invite link to the channel.

Yes the primary conversation is happening at the slack. When we converted over to slack a couple years back then most of us started ignoring this bitcointalk thread. Unfortunately it is invite only (hopefully we can change that), but invites are freely given upon request. Just pm me your email and I'll send you an invite.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Is there more going on in Slack? How do I get in? The website doesn't have an invite link to the channel.
legendary
I've always liked CryptoNick's ideas in the past, but it's sad he feels the need to create a new SLR competitor. I just wish he would be active on the slack where the real communication is happening.
Cool glad you liked my suggestions!

SLR didn't take my advice so I am making my own Crypto that includes solar and charity among other things like burning Alt Coins LTC and ETH etc.. I think the ideas can still be implemented into SLR I just have no control over the Development or direction at SLR. You know I tried too. There are so many coins out there so I don't want to make another Alt coin, it will be a one of a kind can't reveal all just yet. I am working with a team of people to make something much better that should gobble up the Alt coins and actually do them a favor too as less coin makes higher prices. The Alt Coin Derivatives are a mess and now Bitcoin is just a Derivative too.

My suggestions are still there for SLR. I hope it helps and I think IF... The 90B are gone, and SLR can get out of the Satoshi Range and keep the same marketcap it will stay on Bittrex. They don't like it when coins can be squeezed down to a satoshi and make tons of profit for the holders and if Bittrex is not a large holder etc it means they are enriching someone else who may sell 90 billion SLR etc... I have the perfect way to protect SLR and Appease Bittrex!

I need to pay for Development costs of my own as I paid out of pocket to have a Java coder write it but it would work like a dream for SLR.

Main thing for SLR is to get rid of PoW Coin reduced down to a smaller amount, this will boost the Sats up and make it so PoW coin can't dump on the market.
Then Get rid of the 90 Billion coin Poof gone.
Next steps are Technical but there are many different ways to distribute rewards with my ideas!
I've always liked CryptoNick's ideas in the past, but it's sad he feels the need to create a new SLR competitor. I just wish he would be active on the slack where the real communication is happening.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
LOL CryptoNick no one cares about your shit coin and no one will use it. Anyone who backs your coin (or SLR for that matter) is only doing so hoping to gain more $$, or more BTC through speculation, because the incentives and economies of scale don't exist in the altcoin space to pull ideas like this off.

We don't need these new coins to change the world. We thought we did, but BTC has proven us all wrong because its the only one that functions as it said it would.

Don't listen to me if you don't trust me, however my best advice would be to take any time, money, & resources, and point them towards BTC..... the rest of these morons can keep putting their hearts and minds behind something that has brought infinitely less change (and $ value) than BTC.

Main point**

With BTC there is no debating, there is only code and execution. The rest of these coins are a pipe dream that people use to steal your BTC when they dump bags on you. Enjoy that nonsense kids Smiley
legendary
Such bad news!! I wonder what the real reason is that all of a sudden Bittrex delists? Could be that they only allow Doge Coin to go to Satoshi levels because they own so much of it. So when they Pump Bitcoin it would have SAT on Solarcoin and make everyone rich just selling at 1 Satoshi. This was my end game to actually give stability to SolarCoin, and now that it is here Solarcoin can't even participate. Too bad...

I am working on a coin that should see my ideas that SolarCoin didn't want to implement come to fruition. I would love to help SolarCoin though and in the new coin I am creating, people will be able to get back all of their costs of Solar and work hand in hand with Bitcoin sending coin at Zero Fees, so you can use the coin and the market will be protected also. I am getting funding together to make it a reality. I will keep an eye here and also will allow all SolarCoin Claimers onboard. We will change the face of crypto, it is gonna be a wild ride!

I could also Save SolarCoin and you can go back to my past posts to see the remedy. The PoW coin needs to be swapped down and Fork to a new idea. If the Devs want to donate from the SLR Dev fund I can show how to make a Masternode type setup without running a VPS. I already had it running on a TestNet in JAVA and it works great.

Get ready for the epic pump of BTC, just sell before the new year to pay off all your crypto gains taxes! Probably dump out like it did before, but they may just shake everyone out too...
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Wow doom and gloom the sky is falling... Continue to buy high and sell low    hmm the price is low right now i wonder what we should do?

I think it is worth avoiding this project side.
What is the point for a smart investor to buy project tokens without exchanges that was only recently expelled from a large site like bittrex and which has huge problems with the product?
There are options much more interesting in this market.

I think you need to quantify what the "huge problems" are with the "product": are you saying there is a fundamental problem with electricity?
The SLR project is far from over. Nothing has changed on the development side. They still have the SCF development team that is continuing to find speaking engagements at conferences, continuing to gain affiliates, and continuing to find more contacts at monitoring companies and other organizations who will further the SLR community by way of gaining more members to receive SLR grants. The goal of the project is to build a strong community base from within, from the grant members, and NOT from the "outside investors." It is the "inside investors" who are producing solar power, those are the ones who will make this project be successful.
Pages:
Jump to: