Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 6. (Read 466792 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 10
Hi, technical question .....   
even I have staking=1 in my solarcoin.conf, getstakinginfo shows me that staking is still not enabled... has someone any idea what I'm doing wrong?
solarcoind getstakinginfo
{
    "Enabled" : false,
    "Staking" : false,
    "Stake" : 0.00000000,
    "Errors" : "",
    "Difficulty" : 0.31568375,
    "Search Interval" : 1,
    "Weight" : 3569,
    "Net Stake Weight" : 22634702,
    "Expected Time" : -1,
    "Current Block Size" : 1000,
    "Current Block Tx" : 0,
    "Pooled Tx" : 1
}

If I remember correctly solarcoind does not stake if wallet isn't password protected. After setting the password to stake you should unlock the wallet:
Code:
solarcoind walletpassphrase 86400 true
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
even I have staking=1 in my solarcoin.conf, getstakinginfo shows me that staking is still not enabled... has someone any idea what I'm doing wrong?
{
}
This can happen if you are out of sync, check if you have all the blocks against the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/
You may also see that if your wallet is locked, make sure you are unlocked for staking
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
{
}
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Hi everyone, I have created some Tor hidden services for those that want to run anonymously, or for those in locations with blocking/firewalls.

addnode=yzyot5tgwcpiy5cw.onion
addnode=ajm3fnha2pr7bfhe3xyfo3ocq6jpzftnc6lx4snoavradwhhrilb23ad.onion

My services talk to clearnet too (Im not doing this for my own anonymity), this is a service to the growing community.  Im not certain these work yet, I didnt seem to find any other .onion nodes, so if someone would like to try and set this up, here are a few resources:

Install Tor (not the browser)  https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en

Configure Tor (Method 2 works, NOT Method 1) https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Setting_up_a_Tor_hidden_service
just remember to change port 8333 (BTC) with port 18188 (SLR)

From my solarcoin.conf:

listen=1
proxy=127.0.0.1:9050
externalip=yzyot5tgwcpiy5cw.onion
discover=1

The onion=127.0.0.1:9050 and onlynet=onion options dont work in version 2.1.8.
Also you cant specify a v3 (the long one) .onion address as externalip=
Activity: 9
Solar power is going to be a smooth transition, and may even constitute a chunk of our energy production in years to come. It can easily be adopted by residential and commercial applications. Nick's presence at the Responsible Business Summit is going to be an interesting event and great for exposure. This coin has great potential.
Activity: 113
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Spirit Energy Now Accepts SolarCoins: Air Miles for Solar Electricity
https://blog.spiritenergy.co.uk/homeowner/solar-coin
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
any extra nodes out there? i'm having issues syncing my wallet for some time

Are you getting some connections, is the wallet just having trouble synchronizing at the end?

The latter can be solved by re-scanning the wallet. You can grab the node list from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!network if it's the former and toss the nodes in the solarcoin.conf file.
Activity: 132
Merit: 11
any extra nodes out there? i'm having issues syncing my wallet for some time
legendary
legendary
"-------Breaking-------
The Sunny Portal allowing @SolarCoin_SLR for granting is live as of this morning for 150,000 Sunny Portal users. This is phase 1 of the planned roll out for the full platform."

https://twitter.com/CryptoGodard/status/1092803208030887937
https://breakermag.com/get-paid-in-solarcoin-for-putting-pv-on-your-roof/

Gogerty believes the coins will reach an inflection point at 50,000 users. At that point, he says, demand for the coins will increase even as the supply in circulation increases, and each coin’s value will be worth $1 to $1.50. At that rate, just for registering, a typical solar homeowner could get $30 or more worth of SolarCoin. “After that, we think the network effect feeds on itself,” he says.
The SolarCoin Foundation then issues SolarCoins directly into the Claimant’s wallet at a rate of 1 SolarCoin per 1 MWh of electricity produced. Claimants can save, exchange,or spend their SolarCoins as they wish, and may receive ongoing grants.

Having 68 solarpanels on my roof and a production of 16,000kWh each year (16MWh) that would make me earn 16 x $0,025 = $0,40 a year.
Why would anyone go through the effort of registrating their PV system for such a low reward?

Why not a dynamic reward, depending on the average price of SolarCoin?

Tell that to the people who got free Bitcoins from faucets back in 2010 i think it was worth it for them. Of course we will never see those types of gains but image if we do hit $30 a coin one day would it be worth it then?

Why collect SolarCoin at such a low price?  For exactly the same reason you bought solar panels. Because you believe in a cause, in green power, and in a world that no longer relies on fossil fuels and other forms of energy that rape and mutilate this planet. The more people join the SLR network, the greater the intrinsic value of SLR, and therefore the greater incentive people will have to invest in solar panels. I see solar as the future of energy and it has been my hope that projects like solarcoin will help to speed along solar technology.
legendary
Turing stick around it should get interesting we would love to have you on board  Smiley Once you register its set it and forget it.
legendary
The SolarCoin Foundation then issues SolarCoins directly into the Claimant’s wallet at a rate of 1 SolarCoin per 1 MWh of electricity produced. Claimants can save, exchange,or spend their SolarCoins as they wish, and may receive ongoing grants.

Having 68 solarpanels on my roof and a production of 16,000kWh each year (16MWh) that would make me earn 16 x $0,025 = $0,40 a year.
Why would anyone go through the effort of registrating their PV system for such a low reward?

Why not a dynamic reward, depending on the average price of SolarCoin?

Tell that to the people who got free Bitcoins from faucets back in 2010 i think it was worth it for them. Of course we will never see those types of gains but image if we do hit $30 a coin one day would it be worth it then?
Pages:
Jump to: