Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 4. (Read 466792 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 276
Wow doom and gloom the sky is falling... Continue to buy high and sell low    hmm the price is low right now i wonder what we should do?

I think it is worth avoiding this project side.
What is the point for a smart investor to buy project tokens without exchanges that was only recently expelled from a large site like bittrex and which has huge problems with the product?
There are options much more interesting in this market.
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
There are more than 6000 installs that have received solarcoin grants. Just in the month of June 2019, there have been about 600 new SLR claimants. This demonstrates continued and ongoing growth of the project. And since grants are given on an ongoing basis, then once a claimant is signed up to receive grants they will continue to receive grants and be an integral part of the community. In other words, the strong community base is built on the people receiving SLR grants and NOT on the fickle traders at any exchange platform. The more this grant-community grows, then the more value SLR will have because value is based on the number of users.

https://solarcoin.enapter.com/transactions?query=Agrt

Transfer Type:

○ AGRT = Initial SolarCoin Grant

○ PGRT = Periodic SolarCoin Grant

○ BGRT = Bounty Grant

○ NDF = Network Development Fee
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
To check by yourself if it's dead or not , check their solarcoin ! it's far from being dead ,  https://solarcoin-group.slack.com/

Yeah you know what good idea ill check. Oh wait fuck. The slack group is private. LOL. another great idea the solarcoin community had. I mean who comes up with this shit? you know what lets make a private slack group where noone can see what is being talked about. Anyone holding more than 100k SLR will never ever be able to get their money out once its not on bittrex anymore
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
To check by yourself if it's dead or not , check their solarcoin ! it's far from being dead ,  https://solarcoin-group.slack.com/
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
At this point, I'm hoping that one day someone makes an ASIC-like machine that people could use to prove they are capturing solar energy, which would then automatically grant them SLR to the wallet of their choice.

In fact that has been worked on by several community members including myself, my contribution here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhpkXsFDTQE.  However a non-deterministic input like energy readings needs a trusted oracle (incredibly hard to actually achieve).

Now consider a little product like the https://www.zymbit.com/ that allows you to make a Raspberry Pi into a trusted platform with decentralized private/public key security, and effectively tamper proof in deployment.

Of course there is no guarantee the Foundation would grant SLR based on this tech, its a community project, but at least we try to make a real difference.
Activity: 82
Wow doom and gloom the sky is falling... Continue to buy high and sell low    hmm the price is low right now i wonder what we should do?

Low? LOL I bet after the delisting we will see SLR move to sub 10 sat prices.... buy now and you'll get rekt another -10x IMO but go right ahead Tongue
Activity: 82
I've been an SLR supporter since DAY 1, even tried to make a podcast about it. Sad to say that while i LOVED the ideas this project tried to tackle, it never took off because some centralized group has to issue the coins after people "claim them". (too slow, too centralized)

This reason alone is enough to kill the project, not to mention the other things already discussed like 1) Lack of Devs 2) Lack of use 3) Lack of volume or people talking about it

At this point, I'm hoping that one day someone makes an ASIC-like machine that people could use to prove they are capturing solar energy, which would then automatically grant them SLR to the wallet of their choice. Sadly, even if this did come into existence, it's more likely that someone would rather use it for a well-known coin like BTC. (not to mention that it's been proven BTC mining gives incentive to people who find cheap/renewable sources of energy to maximize profits naturally out of competition)

I still keep the original 700 coins I mined when the project first came out, but after the Trex delisting I've given up any hope if it ever being worth something, or even used at all for more that speculation. If no one is investing, no one developing, and other coins (like BTC) are so prevalent, why would anyone choose SLR?

TLDR: This project is likely dead so support it all you want, but please don't throw your money away by trying to invest in it because the use case is just too soon for this world
Project is far from over because one centralized entity chose not to use it anymore.  It used to be crypto people didnt care what centralized entities thought or did, decentralization was what mattered; now its all just about fiat gainz, how sad.

When the coin is in the hands of millions of people, we will see if exchanges are interested then.

+100

+1000%

We must not forget that the community is most important in any project.
And what the team says is complete nonsense.
After leaving the bittrex, many withdrew from the project. The community has recently decreased several times and the number of active wallets has decreased tenfold.

+10000

Obviously the crypto world is full of greed and everyone is willing to step on everyone else's back to get to the top. But this does not seem to be true in the solarcoin community. The leaders in the SLR community are very kind and helpful. However, it's sad that others still have to spread their FUD about a world-changing project. One might think that all this FUD is merely for the purpose of driving the price down as low as possible so some people can buy as many cheap SLR as they can because secretly they know this project has great potential to be a huge success! Otherwise, what is the purpose of posting such negativity?!?!? As for me, I'm with vipgelsi, I rejoice when the price goes low because those are the buy opportunities, and I rejoice when the price goes high because those are the sell opportunities.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
#1. SolarCoin does not need bittrex to be successful. Bittrex is only one exchange. In the USA, SLR can be traded at Graviex and Livecoin. In Europe SLR is active at Lykke.

#2. The SolarCoin founders are currently in communication with bittrex and there is a chance this decision could get reversed.

#3. Even if bittrex delisted SLR, there is a 90 day window where we can get added back again if we demonstrate continued project potential.

#4. SLR is a 40-year project and A LOT can happen in the future. The founders have recently established a great partnership with one of the largest solar monitoring platforms worldwide (SMA), and they are in discussions with other platforms as well.

#5. The bulk of the SolarCoin network is made of people who are not active crypto traders and who receive SLR grants on a regular basis for their solar energy production. This core network of users will only continue to increase over time.

#6. SLR coinburn is a likely possibly in the near future, and this will create significant renewed interest in this project.

#7. The current buy support at bittrex is higher now than it has been in a while because many traders realize this is a good opportunity to get into the SLR market at a low price. Buy the fears of the panic sellers.

#8. The winners in the end are those who have persistence. SLR is a viral project by nature, and with persistence then it is only a matter of time before it goes viral.

1- Bittrex was the only trustworthy exchange that had SLR listed. Have you ever even had a look at Graviex, Livecoin or Lykke? The volume is a joke, solarcoin wont get any liquidity from these exchanges.

2- SLR was already going to be delisted back in 2014, and the decision got reversed, I'm sure it wont happen again. This time it's going away for good. Bittrex is just removing all the crap that costs them more in server costs than what they actually make off of fees.

3- Why on earth would bittrex relist solarcoin if they can list other coins that actually get traded and have volume? They are in the business of making money, not losing money.

4- All of this wont make a difference. You can have all the partnerships in the world but without a trusted exchange it's game over. It's a 40 year project that will end after 6 years.

5- The core network of users will increase? Why on earth would that happen? why would anyone claim solarcoin if you cant even dump them on a proper exchange ?
How can the price increase on exchanges where there is no volume? Why would any trader even think about putting funds on any of these exchanges if there are better safer options out there?

6- The coinburn wont change jack shit. Again, why on earth would that generate interest in the coin? it makes no sense whatsoever.

7- that's right, the buy support is there. Because some traders realise you can easily pull of an exit pump before the coin gets delisted. LOL

8- The winners in the end are those who dumped their SLR and moved on to other projects. Those people are the real winners. Anyone still holding SLR is a huge loser and persistence wont change the facts. its at 100 satoshi incase you haven't realised. It's only a matter of time before it goes viral? you really need to tell me what drugs you are taking, you must be high as fuck right now if you really think SLR is going viral soon.

Project is far from over because one centralized entity chose not to use it anymore.  It used to be crypto people didnt care what centralized entities thought or did, decentralization was what mattered; now its all just about fiat gainz, how sad.

When the coin is in the hands of millions of people, we will see if exchanges are interested then.

+100

+1000%

We must not forget that the community is most important in any project.
And what the team says is complete nonsense.
After leaving the bittrex, many withdrew from the project. The community has recently decreased several times and the number of active wallets has decreased tenfold.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

#1. SolarCoin does not need bittrex to be successful. Bittrex is only one exchange. In the USA, SLR can be traded at Graviex and Livecoin. In Europe SLR is active at Lykke.

#2. The SolarCoin founders are currently in communication with bittrex and there is a chance this decision could get reversed.

#3. Even if bittrex delisted SLR, there is a 90 day window where we can get added back again if we demonstrate continued project potential.

#4. SLR is a 40-year project and A LOT can happen in the future. The founders have recently established a great partnership with one of the largest solar monitoring platforms worldwide (SMA), and they are in discussions with other platforms as well.

#5. The bulk of the SolarCoin network is made of people who are not active crypto traders and who receive SLR grants on a regular basis for their solar energy production. This core network of users will only continue to increase over time.

#6. SLR coinburn is a likely possibly in the near future, and this will create significant renewed interest in this project.

#7. The current buy support at bittrex is higher now than it has been in a while because many traders realize this is a good opportunity to get into the SLR market at a low price. Buy the fears of the panic sellers.

#8. The winners in the end are those who have persistence. SLR is a viral project by nature, and with persistence then it is only a matter of time before it goes viral.
The whole team is a bunch of incompetent fools, this coin is officially dead now. Great work team. Thats what you get for no development in the last two years. Bravo

In such a super competitive market, if you do not develop your product every month every week and every day, others will overtake you at the turn and take your place.
What we see here. The developers relaxed and now even the exchange gave them a red card. And they could become one of the largest projects having everything for this at the start.
What a joke, congratulations to the devs who were to lazy to fix the wallet. Congratulations to the fools who kept
On releasing newsletters and thought it didnt matter that slr is only listed on one big exchange.
Its game over 
Activity: 994
Merit: 277
The whole team is a bunch of incompetent fools, this coin is officially dead now. Great work team. Thats what you get for no development in the last two years. Bravo

Too bad, it really had potential.

But tried to register my 16 solar panel PV setup to receive $0.06 worth of coins each year and they asked more information than my bank.

EDIT:
The SolarCoin Foundation then sends SolarCoins to the Claimant’s wallet at a rate of 1 SolarCoin per 1 MWh of verified electricity production. Claimants can save, exchange, or spend SolarCoins as they wish, and may receive ongoing grants over the next 20-30 years they generate energy.

Producing 4MWh each year, so that would be 4 SLR worth 1.5 cents each = $0.06  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1
BITTREX The BTC-SLR market will be removed on 07/12/2019

Activity: 132
Merit: 11
SLR getting removed from bittrex
In the AMA call with Nick the other day, he mentioned the SLR coinburn is still a possibility, but likely won't happen until about 3-6 months down the road. SMA was also discussed and it was mentioned that initially it was only the "new" SMA users who were the ones aware of solarcoin, but that will hopefully change as SMA revamps their sunnyportal website. Several thousand new SLR users have already signed up through SMA. We are expecting more than 50,000 new solarcoin users through SMA alone.

Another change that has recently taken place is that solarcoin can now only be claimed going back to 5 years from the date of filing (it used to be back until 2010). Thus every month that a long-term solar energy producer does not sign up, could mean potential lost coins. This will give a greater incentive to sign up now, as opposed to a year from now. Additionally, it should be emphasized that there is absolutely no fee to sign up for a SLR grant.

https://medium.com/solarcoin/claim-your-solarcoin-now-each-day-passing-could-be-a-lost-reward-67b50c8e30a5
Pages:
Jump to: