Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 9. (Read 466763 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 0
Is there any utility for people holding or buying SolarCoin rather than speculative purposes? If I understand correctly, Solarcoin rewards users for the amount of solar generated, which may increase selling pressure. I'm just wondering as someone who doesn't have access to renewable energy what the coins could be used for.

Read my past posts here, there are 33 Million PoW coin also which have effect on the market and I would think those holders have been paid off after the rise and fall last year. Which is why you see the price decline, that kind of profit taking has wiped out the incentive. Any new holders now have to support by hedging out of their positions. But again who would buy when all claims need to sell in order to support their investment in solar. It is the reason why they would claim.

more people claiming Solarcoin doesn't necessarily mean that the coins are dumped on the market. People who get involved with crypto tend to understand the potential in holding depending on the current market situation. I know people who used to mine bitcoin and altcoins back in the days who were very profitable because they were able to hold on to all the mining profits and dumped when the price increased tremendously.

In my opinion people claiming Solarcoins right now would be stupid to just dump them on the market. Small individual claimers wont receive significant amounts, so why dump when you're basically getting almost nothing now. It's not worth it and I think most people will hold on the their claimed coins for now...
Even if I had a large solar farm I wouldn't dump my claimed SLR for BTC anytime soon. again its just not worth it right now. Why not hold on to something you got for free anyway. That's what I think will be in most peoples heads hence I don't believe that the selling pressure has increased because there are more claimers.

More claimers is probably a good thing for Solarcoin because it just means that that coins are being more evenly distributed to new people who probably see the potential of holding rather than dumping in the long term. This can also lead to more nodes which also strengthens the network!

I tend to agree with this ... that more claiming SLR doesn't mean more coins are being dumped. The goal of the recent partnership with SMA is to get more individual or household-sized claimant's on board. And the typical house-sized solar install might generate 1 SLR per month, if lucky. Not worth dumping. Plus, people who own solar panels, tend to be really excited about the future of solar and I would expect them to want to support projects such as SLR which only serve to further the production of solar power.
Activity: 12
Is there any utility for people holding or buying SolarCoin rather than speculative purposes? If I understand correctly, Solarcoin rewards users for the amount of solar generated, which may increase selling pressure. I'm just wondering as someone who doesn't have access to renewable energy what the coins could be used for.

Read my past posts here, there are 33 Million PoW coin also which have effect on the market and I would think those holders have been paid off after the rise and fall last year. Which is why you see the price decline, that kind of profit taking has wiped out the incentive. Any new holders now have to support by hedging out of their positions. But again who would buy when all claims need to sell in order to support their investment in solar. It is the reason why they would claim.

more people claiming Solarcoin doesn't necessarily mean that the coins are dumped on the market. People who get involved with crypto tend to understand the potential in holding depending on the current market situation. I know people who used to mine bitcoin and altcoins back in the days who were very profitable because they were able to hold on to all the mining profits and dumped when the price increased tremendously.

In my opinion people claiming Solarcoins right now would be stupid to just dump them on the market. Small individual claimers wont receive significant amounts, so why dump when you're basically getting almost nothing now. It's not worth it and I think most people will hold on the their claimed coins for now...
Even if I had a large solar farm I wouldn't dump my claimed SLR for BTC anytime soon. again its just not worth it right now. Why not hold on to something you got for free anyway. That's what I think will be in most peoples heads hence I don't believe that the selling pressure has increased because there are more claimers.

More claimers is probably a good thing for Solarcoin because it just means that that coins are being more evenly distributed to new people who probably see the potential of holding rather than dumping in the long term. This can also lead to more nodes which also strengthens the network!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

If you could use the coin to buy something it would be different but there is little market. There are other alternatives... It is all in my past posts...

I think a new strategy would be to swap out the 98 Billion and start a new chain. You can pay off the investors and then do a masternode type scenario. This could also be done at the point of origin with a meter on the actual claim. It can't be gamed since the authority is the validator of the claim. You can also use Tokens for the claim which would be used to create the masternode. Could be a great comeback of SLR!

Those 33 mill PoW coins are quickly becoming dwarfed by claims.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

If you could use the coin to buy something it would be different but there is little market. There are other alternatives... It is all in my past posts...

I think a new strategy would be to swap out the 98 Billion and start a new chain. You can pay off the investors and then do a masternode type scenario. This could also be done at the point of origin with a meter on the actual claim. It can't be gamed since the authority is the validator of the claim. You can also use Tokens for the claim which would be used to create the masternode. Could be a great comeback of SLR!
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
SolarCoin: Accelerating the Energy Transition
During this year’s highly successful Intersolar Europe, SolarCoin founder and self-confessed “recreational central banker” Nick Gogerty found time to sit down with Impact4All to discuss how “the first digital currency that rewards solar electricity generators” is helping accelerate the unstoppable transition to renewables. During the interview, Nick covers a wide range of topics detailing the philosophy behind the coin and its potential for impact in the energy transition.
https://medium.com/solarcoin/solarcoin-accelerating-the-energy-transition-5a0348d88a19
Activity: 30
Merit: 7
Activity: 12
I found this on wikipedia:

Counting more than seven million real-time solar monitoring stations in fifty-six countries around the globe—estimated by UN projections to grow to more than 200M over the next decade—the program has been recognized by the United Nations and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) as the lowest carbon currency, the largest environmental monitoring experiment, and the largest private renewable energy project in the world.

This basically means it's the first cryptocurrency to be recognized by an international organisation.

Wikipedia also mentions the partnership with Cloud Constellation, stating that satellite deployment is scheduled for 2018. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Also the price is awesome right now, i have been filling my bags with SLR lately since I believe the current SLR/BTC price is very cheap. Hope so see some positive action soon  Smiley
Activity: 14
Hey guys,

Brand new exchange being launched in Estonia in 69 days, free community voting, SLR has been listed, we need to get into top 20 to be listed FREE!!!! Great opportunity with a new exchange that targets a great region!

https://aiodex.com/vote/coin/5b4c6ef7cbc22d02989fa5f0

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE TIME TO REGISTER AND VOTE!!!!!

The volume is a joke honestly at the moment, having a new exchange would not really benefit, being on Bittrex is good enough for exposure from that perspective I think?

Can't hurt. But I see your point, at the moment it isn't needed. Though it may offer some additional markets in other countries that Bittrex can't service? Though that's just a guess.

Yes correct, why would asia market be on bittrex? they won't they all use binance/houbi/bifinex etc....so really not being on other exchanges is preventing most of the world from buying.
Activity: 43
Hey guys,

Brand new exchange being launched in Estonia in 69 days, free community voting, SLR has been listed, we need to get into top 20 to be listed FREE!!!! Great opportunity with a new exchange that targets a great region!

The volume is a joke honestly at the moment, having a new exchange would not really benefit, being on Bittrex is good enough for exposure from that perspective I think?

Can't hurt. But I see your point, at the moment it isn't needed. Though it may offer some additional markets in other countries that Bittrex can't service? Though that's just a guess.

Yeah, I suppose.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Hey guys,

Activity: 43
Hey guys,

Activity: 14
Hey guys,

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 45
Hello, who can i contact regarding business proposals?
• Japan SolarCoin Association joins the SolarCoin Affiliate Network in Japan
• Medicis joins the SolarCoin Affiliate Network in Luxemburg
• Brazil joins the SolarCoin Affiliate program with SolarView
• SolarGain opens up the SolarCoin Affiliate program in Chile
• TheSunExchange joins the SolarCoin Affiliate program
• Sollab joins the Affiliate program to deliver SolarCoin
• EarthSpace Resources enters the SolarCoin ecosystem as main
• Alesia joins the SolarCoin Affiliate Network to help increase Solar IPPs uptake
• Alesia becomes world first PR agency to accept SolarCoin
• SolarValue joins the SolarCoin Network as Affiliate in Italy!
• Magnefico joins the SolarCoin Network as affiliate in Switzerland!

I just felt the need to repost this.

It is only a matter of time before the market reflects all of this good news. Also, the most profitable traders buy when everyone else is selling (like W. Buffet said, be greedy when others are fearful). These two facts combined means that now seems to be the best time to buy SLR.

nice little article:
https://www.sma.de/en/newsroom/current-news/news-details/news/3363-sma-partners-with-solarcoin-foundation-and-solarlux.html
• Japan SolarCoin Association joins the SolarCoin Affiliate Network in Japan
• Medicis joins the SolarCoin Affiliate Network in Luxemburg
• Brazil joins the SolarCoin Affiliate program with SolarView
• SolarGain opens up the SolarCoin Affiliate program in Chile
• TheSunExchange joins the SolarCoin Affiliate program
• Sollab joins the Affiliate program to deliver SolarCoin
• EarthSpace Resources enters the SolarCoin ecosystem as main
• Alesia joins the SolarCoin Affiliate Network to help increase Solar IPPs uptake
• Alesia becomes world first PR agency to accept SolarCoin
• SolarValue joins the SolarCoin Network as Affiliate in Italy!
• Magnefico joins the SolarCoin Network as affiliate in Switzerland!

I just felt the need to repost this.

It is only a matter of time before the market reflects all of this good news. Also, the most profitable traders buy when everyone else is selling (like W. Buffet said, be greedy when others are fearful). These two facts combined means that now seems to be the best time to buy SLR.
Pages:
Jump to: