Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 76. (Read 466803 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Thanks, i have disabled the staking on the second system. It looks to be ok .
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Hi all,

Does anyone know if i can use the same wallet.dat concurrently on two different computers ?

Reason : I have a running wallet staking on a remote site and i cannot switch it off remotely.
I 'd like to turn on the new wallet version on my actual computer.
I am wondering if i am going into trouble .
Thanks

This shouldn't be a problem. I would assume the following.  But appreciate others to comment:

1. for transactions, it is unlikely you will be sending transactions simultaneously from both machines so ok.
2. for received transactions this is a read of the local chain as pulled down and resolved so shouldn't be an issue.

3. staking: If the same wallet stakes twice, it is attempting to find a block and then submit that "block solution" for the minting reward. It would make sense that the consensys algo would accept the initial solution submitted from a verified minting wallet and reject the subsequent submission.  This would be important to prevent a sybil type of attack.

4. The one issue I don't know about is the impact on imputed calculated stake time.  My assumption is that regardless of the machine submitting blocks, the stake time is calculated at the wallet level by lock-up. Having multiple wallets open begs the questions of control of staking. My assumption is that stake time/amount is relinquished reset the moment a wallet stops staking, if the follow block has a staking wallet the staking wallet would reset the "stake" toggle set.  Given the treatment of staking time it seems the best thing to do would be have both wallets stake continuously. 

Please note these are assumptions. Steve Woods would have a better answer on the impacts of a stake state that toggled back and forth due to conflicting wallets.  My guess is that the impacts to the minting reward are greater than 50% (1 machine on / 1 machine off) as the time calculation in POST has a non-linear function.

I have my wallet on 2 machines and I have run them in parallel over short time periods, I didnt see any obvious problems.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
My windows 10 desktop works fine for 2.1.6 but my friends notebook running windows 10 wont seem to sync for me.

I tried to reload block chain restart etc so far no luck any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Update******

Just went back to version 2.1.1 until bugs get worked out.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
Hi all,

Does anyone know if i can use the same wallet.dat concurrently on two different computers ?

Reason : I have a running wallet staking on a remote site and i cannot switch it off remotely.
Thanks

This shouldn't be a problem. I would assume the following.  But appreciate others to comment:

1. for transactions, it is unlikely you will be sending transactions simultaneously from both machines so ok.
2. for received transactions this is a read of the local chain as pulled down and resolved so shouldn't be an issue.

3. staking: If the same wallet stakes twice, it is attempting to find a block and then submit that "block solution" for the minting reward. It would make sense that the consensys algo would accept the initial solution submitted from a verified minting wallet and reject the subsequent submission.  This would be important to prevent a sybil type of attack.

4. The one issue I don't know about is the impact on imputed calculated stake time.  My assumption is that regardless of the machine submitting blocks, the stake time is calculated at the wallet level by lock-up. Having multiple wallets open begs the questions of control of staking. My assumption is that stake time/amount is relinquished reset the moment a wallet stops staking, if the follow block has a staking wallet the staking wallet would reset the "stake" toggle set.  Given the treatment of staking time it seems the best thing to do would be have both wallets stake continuously. 

Please note these are assumptions. Steve Woods would have a better answer on the impacts of a stake state that toggled back and forth due to conflicting wallets.  My guess is that the impacts to the minting reward are greater than 50% (1 machine on / 1 machine off) as the time calculation in POST has a non-linear function.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Hi all,

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I appear to be having trouble synchronizing on windows XP. Windows 7 works okay however.

Yes after the update I am having syncing problems with windows 10,  no problems prior to update.

I have tried a fresh install and removed all left over files from previous version but still not syncing so i have now gone back to version 2.1.1 and again no problems.

Any idea guys?

Looks like I got the wallet running under XP. I let it synchronize using version 2.1.1, then I reinstalled 2.1.6. When it asked if I wanted to install the config file, I deselected it. The installer then informed me it detected a config file already installed, I clicked next and it proceeded to uninstall 2.1.1, then install version 2.1.6. Everything is trucking along smoothly.

*Edit: Everything was working well until the application crashed on the XP machine. Now I'm having the same problems as before. It's not synching up properly. Win 7 still works great.
Smappee partnership with SolarCoin is out.

Smappee is a very cool smart home energy monitoring tool.  People can watch their homes earn solarcoin on their phones in real-time.  The solarcoin foundation welcomes the 10,000 global Smappee users.

http://www.emerce.nl/wire/smappee-beloont-eigenaren-zonnepanelen-gratis-virtuele-munt-solarcoin
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I was using the 2.1.1 wallet it couldn't see the upgrade so I downloaded the wallet from the solar coin website and installed. Works great.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
I'm having an issue updating with Windows 7.

Updating through the wallet appeared to be successful but after the wallet reopens version 2.1.1 is still displayed in the bottom left corner. If you select the Check For Update option under the Help tab it will try to download and install 2.1.6 again.

I retried installing 2.1.6 again but this time I downloaded the file using the download link on the website. The installation process completed once more but with exactly the same result as when installing through the wallet.

I haven't tried a complete uninstall at this point but if others are also having issues I will wait before trying again.

Try iobit uninstaller program first i downloaded the solarcoin new wallet from there website then did a new install

but make sure you backup wallet beforehand.
legendary
Solarcoin.org
A reminder to backup your wallet before you upgrade.
legendary
Solarcoin.org

Updating through the wallet appeared to be successful but after the wallet reopens version 2.1.1 is still displayed in the bottom left corner. If you select the Check For Update option under the Help tab it will try to download and install 2.1.6 again.

I retried installing 2.1.6 again but this time I downloaded the file using the download link on the website. The installation process completed once more but with exactly the same result as when installing through the wallet.

I haven't tried a complete uninstall at this point but if others are also having issues I will wait before trying again.

Uninstall 2.1.1, and reinstall 2.1.6, it should fix the issue. I had to do that with my windows 7 machine.
Activity: 337
Merit: 258

legendary
Solarcoin.org
I appear to be having trouble synchronizing on windows XP. Windows 7 works okay however.

Yes after the update I am having syncing problems with windows 10,  no problems prior to update.

I have tried a fresh install and removed all left over files from previous version but still not syncing so i have now gone back to version 2.1.1 and again no problems.

Any idea guys?

Compatibility issues. Looks like this release needs a little tweaking. I can confirm it works great in windows 7.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Any idea guys?
Here is the Lykke liquidity cushion request.  They are looking for §1.2m.  Target is to start live trading in the next week or so. Lykke Tech team is working on integration.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7BrfrxIUdvgRm5mSU9QS3JyVlE

If you want to participate or learn more contact. alaubsch  (at)  gmail.com
legendary
Solarcoin.org
  2.1.6 is now live.  can get it by looking for updates in the wallet. or going to:

www.solarcoin.org
I upgraded, all working fine Smiley

Features in 2.1.6

This release adds File menu options to import/export private keys; UI improvements to the History and Claims tabs; RPC improvements to the commands makekeypair and getinfo; A new RPC command, getstakinginfo; Transaction fee reduction to 0.0001 SLR; and some bug fixes. This is a mandatory update, as the blockchain will fork at height 1440000.

the change to a .0001 SLR is to support our future IOT initiatives.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
  2.1.6 is now live.  can get it by looking for updates in the wallet. or going to:

www.solarcoin.org
I upgraded, all working fine Smiley
   2.1.6 is now live.  can get it by looking for updates in the wallet. or going to:

www.solarcoin.org
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
ok,whats the rate going on of SolarCoin ?

The Rate is 1MWH per Solarcoin at .05 per coin. It doesn't match the real cost just the output for claimers. There are 98 Billion coins and 500 Million in the dev fund. The 35 Million represent the prior Solar production and were generated by PoW for a while until SLR switched to PoST. You will need a ton of coin to compete with the big wallets out there during PoST but you can Claim SLR and then sell it to get BitCoin!
Pages:
Jump to: