Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin | Next generation currency | continued development - page 65. (Read 157102 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 504
Is their anything we can do to step up the marketing efforts ?

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/158 shows a persistent downtrend over the past 30days
Activity: 465
Merit: 254
I try to sync the chain from scratch but i get only like 100 blocks every time i start the wallet. it syncs 100 blocks and stops again, restart, get 100 block, then error (same error as reported above)

start/stop 2000 times till reaching 200k blocks doesn't seem very usable. Andy ideas, or maybe someone can post a bootstrap chain?

This is the highest priority now, there have been some unexpected delays, but I expect a fix in the next 24 hours.

I have fixed the issue, but haven't been able to build the wallet because I'm using a different system and it's not fully set up yet. (There is a lot involved in that.)

So, new wallet in the making?

Yes, it's just taking a long time to set up dependencies and build the Qt libraries. It's an 8 hour build for Qt (not the wallet, but the platform), and the flags had to be changed from the default, so it has to be built again.

Thanks for info, tried my wallet a couple of times and seems to work flawless, tried also to withdraw and deposit to cryptsy worked like a charm, so im not in a hurry, but good when its working like that for all! Smiley

And the wallet is now ready, I updated the release zip file: https://github.com/psionin/smartcoin/releases/download/0.9/smartcoin-0.9.zip

It would be great if the Mac version could be rebuilt, then I could update that file too!
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
I try to sync the chain from scratch but i get only like 100 blocks every time i start the wallet. it syncs 100 blocks and stops again, restart, get 100 block, then error (same error as reported above)

start/stop 2000 times till reaching 200k blocks doesn't seem very usable. Andy ideas, or maybe someone can post a bootstrap chain?

This is the highest priority now, there have been some unexpected delays, but I expect a fix in the next 24 hours.

I have fixed the issue, but haven't been able to build the wallet because I'm using a different system and it's not fully set up yet. (There is a lot involved in that.)

Yes, it's just taking a long time to set up dependencies and build the Qt libraries. It's an 8 hour build for Qt (not the wallet, but the platform), and the flags had to be changed from the default, so it has to be built again.

Thanks for info, tried my wallet a couple of times and seems to work flawless, tried also to withdraw and deposit to cryptsy worked like a charm, so im not in a hurry, but good when its working like that for all! Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055
DEV of DeepOnion community pool

I compiled your source and it is syncing fine now (currently at 100k processed!)

legendary
Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055
DEV of DeepOnion community pool

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
Thanks, good work.
My wallet wouldn't sync until I popped a block, last block with 8MH (still) was 2 hours ago until now when I popped it. Scrypt chain on 290149 with 15MH, with diff at 69K. X11 on 290513 with diff of 1.89 (200-220k?).

I won't pop anymore blocks, unless the need arises.  I wanted to check the chains against each other with an "official" explorer to confirm 2 chains exist. This way everyone knows that the chain that's moving is the correct chain, and the chain that takes hours to advance is not the correct chain.

Whenever a coin forks two chains always exist, in this case the coin was forked by design to switch to x11.  Mining the wrong chain is simply unproductive, those coins will never be "real" no matter how hard you keep trying.  This is not a bug or anything the needs to be fixed.

Thanks BitSmacker for additionally confirming this as I was getting ready to post.
I had to pop blocks to advance the chain. That wasn't my concern getting paid for the post-fork blocks, without checking, I think I mined 6-7 blocks on the wrong fork? I found an anomaly which still exists but after checking up on a few more things, I see everything is/will be ok.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Thanks, good work.
My wallet wouldn't sync until I popped a block, last block with 8MH (still) was 2 hours ago until now when I popped it. Scrypt chain on 290149 with 15MH, with diff at 69K. X11 on 290513 with diff of 1.89 (200-220k?).

I won't pop anymore blocks, unless the need arises.  I wanted to check the chains against each other with an "official" explorer to confirm 2 chains exist. This way everyone knows that the chain that's moving is the correct chain, and the chain that takes hours to advance is not the correct chain.

Whenever a coin forks two chains always exist, in this case the coin was forked by design to switch to x11.  Mining the wrong chain is simply unproductive, those coins will never be "real" no matter how hard you keep trying.  This is not a bug or anything the needs to be fixed.
@halofirebtc
Thanks, good work.

I won't pop anymore blocks, unless the need arises.  I wanted to check the chains against each other with an "official" explorer to confirm 2 chains exist. This way everyone knows that the chain that's moving is the correct chain, and the chain that takes hours to advance is not the correct chain.
Activity: 62
@halofirebtc
I can verify there are two chains. Scrypt chain is behind the x11 chain in the block count, as it should be. Coins mined on the scrypt fork are not able to be sent to cryptsy. To keep SMC secure and cryptsy doesn't flip a shit when they see 2 chains, or the explorer is down, I tried sending 10 using coin control from the addresses of the post-fork block, but they didn't go through. I also sent 10 from a pre-fork block and they went through ok. I will PM Psionin if I find the post-fork coins eventually go through.

Psionin, you will have to release a new wallet with a roll back of the scrypt chain and directed to pick up from block "whatever" on the x11 chain, otherwise any coins we (we as in on the scrypt chain) send out will be sent to the Great Nothing if no one is hashing on the scrypt chain. If you can guarantee a few hashes to keep the scrypt chain moving, then coins mined prior to the x11 fork will be moved around fine up until the x11 fork, but any coins mined after the x11 fork won't be good for anything. If you don't roll back or guarantee hashes, then any coins on this chain won't move due to the chain stalling waiting for miners to get it going. People on the x11 chain shouldn't be affected by this. Guaranteeing hashes is not wise solution for those people coming back to SMC who will miss this conversation, so the rollback is the only option I know of, unless you have something else you can do for the current problem.

You may want to ask cryptsy to freeze SMC until this gets hammered out too. I foresee problems with the 10 SMC I sent them that went thru (edit: or if anyone else sends coins out if they're on the scrypt chain, especially those people at the mining pool that were hashing for nothing when the fork kicked in), when you roll back the scrypt chain.

So everyone, there are two chains, please check stoned puppies pool for the current block until the explorer gets back up.

Addition: Now it's 1 hour and crypsty still has not received my post-fork coins, which is a good thing.

Further Addition: I didn't continue the scrypt chain at the time of the fork, that's due to the mining pool that didn't get off the scrypt chain, and there is still low hashes on the scrypt chain, 8 MH. I was mining Payzor, happened to launch at the same exact time SMC fork kicked in. Wink
@halofirebtc
Anyone know of a good pool to mine smc, confirmed to run x11 algo also. But after the posts here i think i will wait a bit before i redicert all my rigs on it, but suggestions is welcome. Smiley

I'm mining smartcoins at http://smartcoin.stonedpuppy.com and of course it is x11.  They payout and its 1% fee

Just want to make sure, I know you said they payout, but were you able to withdraw coins? And did you get the confirms needed in your wallet?

I had autopayout on so they automatically were sent into my wallet then I sent some to cryptsy an they confirmed.

Thanks for replying. Will do some more poking around and see what I come up with.
Anyone know of a good pool to mine smc, confirmed to run x11 algo also. But after the posts here i think i will wait a bit before i redicert all my rigs on it, but suggestions is welcome. Smiley

I'm mining smartcoins at http://smartcoin.stonedpuppy.com and of course it is x11.  They payout and its 1% fee

Just want to make sure, I know you said they payout, but were you able to withdraw coins? And did you get the confirms needed in your wallet?

I had autopayout on so they automatically were sent into my wallet then I sent some to cryptsy an they confirmed.
@halofirebtc

Pages:
Jump to: