Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 58. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 104
I would love to see XSPEC on Bittrex or HitBTC. Any plans?
Activity: 70
Merit: 21
if it makes you more comfortable, i can say i only have 1053 xspec.. this only has to do with the fact that i have 2 little kids to feed, pay for their school, clothes, stuff etc. etc.. if i could have spend more, i certainly would have!!!

Second, this project seem to have alot of growing potential but the fact that the website don't keep up makes me feel sad..(read angry)
(this should be a quick and easy job....)

And I have to pay for college. I definitely feel the financial stress. I have only 1500 XSPEC, and only managed to buy at a lower price. $100 XSPEC (or even $20) and I can pretty much get out and pay for what I need to for an entire year.

Although I will probably keep most of my XSPEC even if I reached by goals.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Sadly, delayed again... Sad Sad Sad

I hope the new version can solve my OLDDDDDDDD sync problem.

I tried since last August to sync. But no way to success.

You should come to Slack or Discord, your problem will be solved within a couple of minutes.  Roll Eyes

Did you add nodes? https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections

And yes, 1.3.4. will solve this problem.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
TOR released their update and our dev,@jbg, will be releasing v1.3.4 later today.

To those who've been grumbling about the wallet delay, you need to recognize that ^this^ whole process has been very, very good relative to what is 'normal' in crypto. Clear communication of a target date; clear communication when that date had to be pushed for reasons outside XSPEC's control; and now clear communication of a speedy resolution to the situation. You can't ask for anything more than that.

Spent the last hour or so to build the sources.
I was not able to compile the sources available in the release files due to some error with the ./autogen.sh (some git files were missing, I'll try to upload the console output from my ubuntu 16.04 node).
Then i decided to clone the git master repo but got stucked when i had to download the bits from the tor project github (oddly enough connection to that github seems to the blocked in China :p). Finally managed to download all the git repo through a VPN connection. Build went then smoothly. Back online Smiley
Activity: 158
Merit: 20
if it makes you more comfortable, i can say i only have 1053 xspec.. this only has to do with the fact that i have 2 little kids to feed, pay for their school, clothes, stuff etc. etc.. if i could have spend more, i certainly would have!!!

Second, this project seem to have alot of growing potential but the fact that the website don't keep up makes me feel sad..(read angry)
(this should be a quick and easy job....)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
TOR released their update and our dev,@jbg, will be releasing v1.3.4 later today.

Great news. Though there is still v1.3.3 on website: https://spectreproject.io/wallets/

Maybe later today.  Still waiting for the latest one.

Their github says that binaries will be released shorty

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/tag/v1.3.4

Sadly, delayed again... Sad Sad Sad

I hope the new version can solve my OLDDDDDDDD sync problem.

I tried since last August to sync. But no way to success.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47
You guys really think XSPEC will pass $100?

right on point.

I think the following steps needs to be:

1 - keep on developing (the product always comes first, if you have a good product, the rest will be more easy!)
2 - more exchanges !! (as most people like to stick with 1 exchange - this immidiatly means a lot more traffic/ transactions)
3 - Bring more often news (newsarticles - small updates - previews etc...)
4 - Marketing - more awarenes (get people to know this coin with youtube influencers (people will immidiatly like this coin as it have innovative tech)
6 - get out the weak hands and daytraders
7 - Keep website up-to-date and make it a little more professional (put the above image in the website!! (the comparison of the competitors)

Firstly, yes. I believe strongly that XSPEC will surpass USD 100 this year.

And secondly, I agree with all your points, but just want to put them in perspective (which also justified my first point): the intention was to have the 1.3.4 version out of the door and then refocus on marketing. Even though already with this version XSPEC has some superior features, when it comes to 2.0 the features will be pretty unbeatable. The limited marketing that was done so far already led to massive increase in followers, but it has not reached the critical point where the network effects start leading to exponential growth. Hopefully now, after 1.3.4 release the community will be more engaged and spread the word. Combined with a more structured marketing effort, we will see a lot of great things coming our way.
enjel,

can you delete the quote in your post, as i updated my post with more valuble information. othersise people will maybe miss the updated stuff Grin Cheesy Wink

Yeah, updated the quote.

Seems that you bought a lot of XSPEC. I can say it's not bad. But in crypto world, there are not only WINNERS. There are more losers.

XSPEC is definitely going to be one of the winners if we have more marketing.

The coin is incredible, and I have believed in it for a long time. I was very frustrated when I saw XVG garbage rise up because the devs (who are probably rich now) paid McAfee to shill their shitcoin to blind investors.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
enjel,

can you delete the quote in your post, as i updated my post with more valuble information. othersise people will maybe miss the updated stuff Grin Cheesy Wink

Yeah, updated the quote.

Seems that you bought a lot of XSPEC. I can say it's not bad. But in crypto world, there are not only WINNERS. There are more losers.
enjel,

Yeah, updated the quote.

Like, I love the coin, and I hold a large amount of it... but that's very ambitious.

You will have to be very heavy on the marketing for XSPEC to even hit $10, but marketing is really all you need.

This coin is already head and shoulders above garbage like XVG, and should easily be top 100 hands down, probably top 50 or better.

You notice how most of the pumping coins are those that are total garbage, but get hyped a lot? I understand and believe how tech is #1 - substance comes first. But right now we are way too separated - quality of XSPEC is so high, and price is so low.

Anyways, some people (not necessarily the devs) have to get out more attention for SpectreCoin. They have to get this thing on news articles. We need a community to connect with new users very well as well.

I may spend $100 to put out an infomercial on crypto news on facebook to introduce people to XSPEC, and show how it kills XVG.

right on point.

1 - keep on developing (the product always comes first, if you have a good product, the rest will be more easy!)
2 - more exchanges !! (as most people like to stick with 1 exchange - this immidiatly means a lot more traffic/ transactions)
4 - Marketing - more awarenes (get people to know this coin with youtube influencers (people will immidiatly like this coin as it have innovative tech)
7 - Keep website up-to-date and make it a little more professional (put the above image in the website!! (the comparison of the competitors)

Additional for the website: important

- put a nice background on the website (moving with stars or something) maybe someone can help you guys with the desing.
- Make your logo bigger so it stands out more!
- The white "Current feauture" boxes, give them all an nice blueish background (image) to let them stand out more
- change the headline ''The Premier Privacy Focused Cryptocurrency'  into a more catching one and USE asecondary headline
- add a box in the footer with the current market cap / current price / token name / total supply / link to exchanges

Put @kepler back to the drawing board and let him develop the website-design more! (get him to work!)

Exactly what I meant.

We need to "shiny up" XSPEC. Quality comes first, but the other things can't be neglected.

I really hope that XSPEC has not fallen into the hands of too many day-traders like STRATIS has.

But if it has, intensive marketing will not just be useful for pumping up the price - we will knock out those stupid day-traders who discourage real holders from investing in XSPEC.

They will sell low, and buy high in panic if they want to stay in.

Like, I love the coin, and I hold a large amount of it... but that's very ambitious.

You will have to be very heavy on the marketing for XSPEC to even hit $10, but marketing is really all you need.

This coin is already head and shoulders above garbage like XVG, and should easily be top 100 hands down, probably top 50 or better.

You notice how most of the pumping coins are those that are total garbage, but get hyped a lot? I understand and believe how tech is #1 - substance comes first. But right now we are way too separated - quality of XSPEC is so high, and price is so low.

Anyways, some people (not necessarily the devs) have to get out more attention for SpectreCoin. They have to get this thing on news articles. We need a community to connect with new users very well as well.

I may spend $100 to put out an infomercial on crypto news on facebook to introduce people to XSPEC, and show how it kills XVG.

right on point.

Additional for the website: important

- put a nice background on the website (moving with stars or something) maybe someone can help you guys with the desing.
- Make your logo bigger so it stands out more!
- The white "Current feauture" boxes, give them all an nice blueish background (image) to let them stand out more
- change the headline ''The Premier Privacy Focused Cryptocurrency'  into a more catching one and USE asecondary headline
- add a box in the footer with the current market cap / current price / token name / total supply / link to exchanges

Put @kepler back to the drawing board and let him develop the website-design more! (get him to work!)

Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
why are there different signatures for each rank? considering there is no bounty or anything I'd say I can put whatever I want in a sig. What's with this discrimination?

Different ranks have different limits on what you can and cannot put in your signature. Color, fonts, Graphics highlights, size. SoI made each rank to try to maximize what you can have. Of course you are free to use whichever signature you can that fits within your rank limits from BCT.

Still need a couple of signatures tested guys. Just let me know when you do test it and it works or doesn't work.  just make the post here and I'll keep an eye out for it.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27646957
Merit: 0
But when do you see that happen
The idea is that if we market XSPEC more, then more people will come in, and there will be more money available too.

Higher XSPEC prices will convert to more USD prices for operations!

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
how much are you guys gonna put aside for developer donation?

i'm thinking 10%... but could still post higher

I will probably start closer to 100% and keep it at that for 2018. Think of it this way, you have a choice between holding on to more coins but with lesser value or invest in fewer coins but with much higher value. The more money there is for the project, the quicker innovative solutions can be developped, the more secure and stable the process will become, the more can be spend on marketing ... and in turn the more people will get attracted to XSPEC, which then can start contributing as well.

Also, a little math can be insightful: if you hold, say 100 XSPEC, then the yearly dividend will be about 5 XSPEC or approx. 20 USD at current prices. If you chose to donate 10%, then that's 2 USD per year, or 16 cents a month. I'd rather donate the full 20 USD, as it will certainly help raise the price much quicker and to a much higher level. The "capital gains" will be much higher than the loss of the dividends.

When XSPEC surpases the USD 100 mark, then perhaps it's slowly time to revisit this strategy. At least that's my humble opinion.

Fully agree. IMO everybody should donate 100%, so that 5% of the supply per year will go to the developers. Then they can put much more work in, hire more developers, increasing the value of your holdings by magnitudes instead of just 5%. Wink  If we can manage to do this, then we will really be knockin' on Monero's door!  Cheesy
This is a good idea and should be accepted by most people.

Agreed. you should at least try to keep everyone satisfied

I will probably start closer to 100% and keep it at that for 2018. Think of it this way, you have a choice between holding on to more coins but with lesser value or invest in fewer coins but with much higher value. The more money there is for the project, the quicker innovative solutions can be developped, the more secure and stable the process will become, the more can be spend on marketing ... and in turn the more people will get attracted to XSPEC, which then can start contributing as well.

Also, a little math can be insightful: if you hold, say 100 XSPEC, then the yearly dividend will be about 5 XSPEC or approx. 20 USD at current prices. If you chose to donate 10%, then that's 2 USD per year, or 16 cents a month. I'd rather donate the full 20 USD, as it will certainly help raise the price much quicker and to a much higher level. The "capital gains" will be much higher than the loss of the dividends.

When XSPEC surpases the USD 100 mark, then perhaps it's slowly time to revisit this strategy. At least that's my humble opinion.

Fully agree. IMO everybody should donate 100%, so that 5% of the supply per year will go to the developers. Then they can put much more work in, hire more developers, increasing the value of your holdings by magnitudes instead of just 5%. Wink  If we can manage to do this, then we will really be knockin' on Monero's door!  Cheesy

Agreed. you should at least try to keep everyone satisfied
Activity: 9
Merit: 0

well said... monero were coming for you >Smiley
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage

Pages:
Jump to: