Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 54. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 104
You Apple users are literally computer illiterate.
Perhaps you should do something technically easier like trading stocks which don't require you to download wallets.
What baffles me is that you're a full member yet ask such basic questions about system protection.

I'm confused are you saying that Bitcoin and crypto in general, are meant to be used only by professional programmers and developers and that all the billions of market cap is by them only, or that it's meant for non-Apple users? Or are you referring to XSPEC coin only? Or are you a Nazi?

If any of the above, I'll take your word for it, sell all my crypto and go cry in a corner... Not  Tongue

Yeah I'm a nazi.

The guy is a troll. I know subtle trolling when I see it.

*He claims that XSPEC is a virus (it had to be open-source XSPEC wallet, not the hundreds of other software programs he could have downloaded, no!) when he can easily confirm it is not.

*He claims to not be a FUDDER because he has $25 (LOL!) of XSPEC in his wallet. He is even staking it (even more hilarious). What is that, like 10 cents per month?

*The guy is a full member, so he probably has a lot of money in coins too, and quite some experience with all of this.

Then he comes up with a debunked XSPEC = scam theory.

Oh well...

Agreed Smiley
It's easy to see when something's fishy.
Activity: 70
Merit: 21
Perhaps you should do something technically easier like trading stocks which don't require you to download wallets.
What baffles me is that you're a full member yet ask such basic questions about system protection.

I'm confused are you saying that Bitcoin and crypto in general, are meant to be used only by professional programmers and developers and that all the billions of market cap is by them only, or that it's meant for non-Apple users? Or are you referring to XSPEC coin only? Or are you a Nazi?

If any of the above, I'll take your word for it, sell all my crypto and go cry in a corner... Not  Tongue

Yeah I'm a nazi.

The guy is a troll. I know subtle trolling when I see it.

*He claims that XSPEC is a virus (it had to be open-source XSPEC wallet, not the hundreds of other software programs he could have downloaded, no!) when he can easily confirm it is not.

*He claims to not be a FUDDER because he has $25 (LOL!) of XSPEC in his wallet. He is even staking it (even more hilarious). What is that, like 10 cents per month?

*The guy is a full member, so he probably has a lot of money in coins too, and quite some experience with all of this.

Then he comes up with a debunked XSPEC = scam theory.

Oh well...

Yeah I'm a nazi.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Thanks for your reply! I'm glad to hear that and really hope it's good. XSPEC seems to have really great potential. Maybe it's just a coincidence that I ended up with this strange "moszcpu quit unexpectedly" and was never able to open the Spectre.app (Spectre quit unexpectedly error).

I have no reason to FUD, since I myself am a humble XSPEC holder, although I am still unable to start staking because of these errors I'm getting. It's the only wallet I have that won't open for me, so I figured I should do more research on the coin and maybe I can get some support on this thread.

Although I have already sent the error log to Apple a few times, I am thinking of sending it to the Spectre team. Would that be safe? Should I remove some info, like the Anonymous UUID or anything else?

I remember that there was a problem with Mac OS users not being able to start their wallet. If that problem still happens to you, please go to Slack and ask jbg about it, so he can debug the problem. You can also send the debug.log to him in private.

I would assume that you got some mining malware on your computer, but not from Spectrecoin. You should look into it further to make sure that your system is not compromised.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47
lol are you trolling? The wallets are open-source. Why don't you go look on Github and check it for yourself?

You are (1) indirectly stating that XSPEC is a scam. Let's get that out of the way - a scam ICO does not go as well as XSPEC has, and for as long. A scam ICO is something like Fujinto or Confido.

It's difficult to FUD something that is legit like XSPEC.

Sorry, but I am not trolling. I am trying to get help. I'll go to Github, but I'm pretty sure I won't understand a thing there as usual (I'm somewhat clueless when it comes to programming and developing)

Any helpful comments please?

I'm not on Mac, so I can't help there. But rest assured, XSPEC is no scam. As it's PoS you definitely also don't get any overheating from running the wallet, like you would get from wallets that also have PoW mining. The problems you mention have nothing to do with SpectreCoin. Something else seems to be the trouble.

Thanks your reply! I'm glad to hear that and really hope it's good. XSPEC seems to have really great potential. Maybe it's just a coincidence that I ended up with this strange "moszcpu quit unexpectedly" and was never able to open the Spectre.app (Spectre quit unexpectedly error).

I have no reason to FUD, since I myself am a humble XSPEC holder, although I am still unable to start staking because of these errors I'm getting. It's the only wallet I have that won't open for me, so I figured I should do more research about the coin and maybe I can get some support on this thread.

Although I have already sent the error log to Apple a few times, I am thinking of sending it to the Spectre team. Would that be safe? Should I remove some info, like the Anonymous UUID or anything else?

Thanks

You can try the XSPEC support channel on Slack. But frankly, i don't think you will get anywhere with that, since the problem is not XSPEC itself. There are a number of user on Mac which run the wallet, and have not experienced your problems. If you have access to another Mac or a virtual machine, you can convince yourself that it's not an XSPEC issue.
Activity: 378
Merit: 107
BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk
lol are you trolling? The wallets are open-source. Why don't you go look on Github and check it for yourself?

You are (1) indirectly stating that XSPEC is a scam. Let's get that out of the way - a scam ICO does not go as well as XSPEC has, and for as long. A scam ICO is something like Fujinto or Confido.

Sorry, but I am not trolling. I am trying to get help. I'll go to Github, but I'm pretty sure I won't understand a thing there as usual (I'm somewhat clueless when it comes to programming and developing)

I'm not on Mac, so I can't help there. But rest assured, XSPEC is no scam. As it's PoS you definitely also don't get any overheating from running the wallet, like you would get from wallets that also have PoW mining. The problems you mention have nothing to do with SpectreCoin. Something else seems to be the trouble.

Thanks for your reply! I'm glad to hear that and really hope it's good. XSPEC seems to have really great potential. Maybe it's just a coincidence that I ended up with this strange "moszcpu quit unexpectedly" and was never able to open the Spectre.app (Spectre quit unexpectedly error).

I have no reason to FUD, since I myself am a humble XSPEC holder, although I am still unable to start staking because of these errors I'm getting. It's the only wallet I have that won't open for me, so I figured I should do more research on the coin and maybe I can get some support on this thread.

Here is some proof that I have been a small-time Spectre holder on Livecoin since December (I know they are microscopic values, but I am still in the testing phase and new to staking):

and that the same balance is still on the exchange because I haven't been able to open the wallet so I can deposit and stake:

Thanks

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

Activity: 64
Merit: 3
Can this coin get a little shill?! i mean, sure its the real private coin, but damn its so underrated and underrepresented.  like seriously? only 88mm cap?!

Hello! Is this really a scam and thread is censored like it says here? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xspec-spectrecoin-is-this-100-scam-or-what-avoid-2154008
Thanks.

It's a privacy coin. All the moron had to say was that he "thought the distribution was narrow" with no facts to support it, just claiming that 6 people owned all of XSPEC.

The OP in question DELETED COMMENTS that refuted his arguments, while (funny) claiming that XSPEC mods deleted his comments. So basically he is a liar who wanted to FUD XSPEC for some reason (maybe to lower the price so he could buy in - it has gone up a lot since back then), and didn't want to be called out.

Also, that thread is like 4 months old. A lot has changed in that time - do you still think it's a scam, given where we are today? My research says not.

If you'd like, you could go and communicate with the devs. They are pretty active, I believe.

Well one thing that worries me is that I downloaded The Spectre Wallet v1.3.3 from https://spectreproject.io/wallets/

On the same day, I downloaded 2 other crypto wallets. After that, my MacBook started heating up and the fan making noise even when no apps/wallets are open. When I tried to restart, I Safari wouldn't quit or force-quit and I ended up force-powering the MacBook off. Now every time I restart, I get an error that says "moszcpu quit unexpectedly".

At first, I send a report to Apple and didn't think much about it. Then I tried to start Spectre, and right after flash window, it says "Spectre quit unexpectedly".

I tried restarting again and that's when I realized again I couldn't quit Safari, but I could only force quit it from Activity Monitor.

After googling moszcpu, I get some weird results about "OSX.CpuMeaner: New Cryptocurrency Mining Trojan Targets macOS". I don't remember ever handling anything with the name Cryptomeaner...

It seems something new though because I am unable to find any support on the internet about this moszcpu error... Any ideas how to figure this out?

I went through my downloads folder and deleted a lot of stuff that I don't remember downloading. After that, I am able to quit Safari and restart without having to force quit anything, But still get the moszcpu and unable to start Spectre, even after deleting and re-downloading. (My main suspicion that the malware may be related to spectre)

At the same time, I am realizing that about 90% of ICO's turn out to be scams... so I am still trying to narrow down how I ended up with this... Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions? Any help, please? Thanks.
Activity: 109
Merit: 0
Spread the word about spectrecoin!

https://twitter.com/BoonsterX/status/951504630751494144

tweet and retweet guys! share more especially to crypto influencers

Hi all, retweet this and spread the message. If we get the attention of crypto influencers, the word about spectre will spread

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@overcome/xspec-spectre-vs-verge-vs-monero-vs-bcn-vs-pivx-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-sdc-vs-btc
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
Hello! Is this really a scam and thread is censored like it says here? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xspec-spectrecoin-is-this-100-scam-or-what-avoid-2154008
Thanks.

The guy deleted all valid counter arguments I had against him too. That thread was created directly after 'cryptohunter' and I had an argument on a different thread. It seemed that fuelled his anger to create that thread and mute my voice. This is shown when you look in his post history along with numerous unbacked 'scam' accusations. He is (or was at the time) also a wide supporter of PIVX (as you can see in his post history), which is in no doubt a Cryptocurrency obsolete in technology when compared to Spectrecoin. Also in his post history you see him mention Shadowcash, a whole community, (now dead) against the birth of Spectrecoin. Its unfortunate that this information is still published on the internet, and may appear upon a quick google search of Spectrecoin. In reality, Spectrecoin has come 10x in Value since that thread and you will find all these points have been ruled false.
Thanks.

It's a privacy coin. All the moron had to say was that he "thought the distribution was narrow" with no facts to support it, just claiming that 6 people owned all of XSPEC.

The OP in question DELETED COMMENTS that refuted his arguments, while (funny) claiming that XSPEC mods deleted his comments. So basically he is a liar who wanted to FUD XSPEC for some reason (maybe to lower the price so he could buy in - it has gone up a lot since back then), and didn't want to be called out.

Also, that thread is like 4 months old. A lot has changed in that time - do you still think it's a scam, given where we are today? My research says not.

If you'd like, you could go and communicate with the devs. They are pretty active, I believe.

Thanks.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Does anyone know how to make the wallet portable? I wanna have the wallet on my nextcloud and to be accessible from any connected computer but apprently the wallet data is stored somewhere different and not within the same directory.

Also the wiki is your friend Wink https://altcoinwiki.org/en/SpectreCoin#Data_directory

Making this work on all computers will be a non-trivial task though. In 1.4 we will switch to a deterministic wallet, so then you will be able to have the same wallet on different devices.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
The wallets of most coins store their data in a separate directory in your "app data" folder and never in the wallet program itself.
google is your friend
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Does anyone know how to make the wallet portable? I wanna have the wallet on my nextcloud and to be accessible from any connected computer but apprently the wallet data is stored somewhere different and not within the same directory.
Pages:
Jump to: