Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 57. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Hey guys!

Spectrecoin was mentioned in the press as one of the most undervalued coins with high growth potential in 2018!

Check out here:
http://fairreporters.net/economy/best-undervalued-altcoins-to-buy-on-cryptopia/

But it also lists DeepOnion as the #1, which sadly renders the entire article irrelevant.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Hey guys!

Spectrecoin was mentioned in the press as one of the most undervalued coins with high growth potential in 2018!

Check out here:
http://fairreporters.net/economy/best-undervalued-altcoins-to-buy-on-cryptopia/
Activity: 70
Merit: 21
I would say that even as a privacy coin, you need adoption for it to matter. I agree with the above reasoning, and marketing while keeping the quality aspects of the coin up (total privacy can happen even when on exchanges for instance - that is not "centralization" merely "adoption", just like if everyone decided to use a privacy method of transaction, it doesn't make the transaction method "nonprivate").

We DON'T WANT XSPEC TO REMAIN "PRIVATE" TO THE PUBLIC EYE. We want transactions to be private.

And those are two separate things.
Activity: 158
Merit: 20
subject 1: is it ethical to get more awereness (in the vision of a privacy coin)
subject 2: Trusting the devs to follow their roadmap. (as you say they will do whatever they want...)

Again, this is not about what can and can't be done. It's about what will and won't be done in this project[/i], based on XSPEC's stated goals and ideals. I agree, the team could do many things, but they won't do things that conflict with their vision for XSPEC. Everyone has their own opinion of what should be done, but ultimately, as investors, the only opinion that matters is that of the dev team. It seems that some people on this thread are unaware of the dev team's position on some of these issues--see Beachguy's (part of the official dev team) comment on this very topic from a week ago:

While it's nice to see all the enthusiasm, I think many on here are missing what XSPEC has always been, and plans to continue to be, which is first and foremost a privacy-focussed coin that values the product over hype. Representatives of the dev team have already stated that the odds of getting on more significant exchanges is low for now, for reasons of both cost and privacy (traditional exchanges = centralization = antithetical to XSPEC's ideals). Longer term, if and when decentralized exchanges receive more volume, that may change.

Likewise, I think the team is interested in marketing to users who care about privacy, but I don't think they care so much about marketing to noobs looking for the latest vapourware moonshot. So again, I wouldn't hold my breath for a flashy website (especially since the current site is less than a week old and already 100x fancier than the previous one), or shill articles in Forbes, or a USD pair on Bittrex.

Huh? The only person mixing, or even talking about, those subjects is you. I have deliberately avoided any mention or implication of should/shouldn't, right/wrong, or trust.

See, i was not talking about these 2 subjects as in negotioting with the devs.... The roadmap is clear, their vision is clear. I certainly don't want to change that. Only adding some feelings about the website etc.. (just because i'm enthausiastic) (btw forgive me for my english)

We move on toghether! (sharing opinions is the same as investing, the only difference, both will always benefit!)

This is my last post in regards to this matter.

Activity: 42
Great perspectives here! Keep them coming Smiley
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
i'm not sure why you keep mixing 2 subjects with eachother. (on purpuse ?)

subject 1: is it ethical to get more awereness (in the vision of a privacy coin)
subject 2: Trusting the devs to follow their roadmap. (as you say they will do whatever they want...)

Before investing some money in 1 of the 1000s projects, one must check the team (in this case it wasnt posible), check the roadmap, whitepaper etc...
while reading into a project, you will notice the mission of the project and the vision of the devs behind this project. This can't be argued about afterwards as it was and still is known...

So again, don't mix those subjects as we cannot have a discussion this way.
Nevertheless, we all have invested in this project, otherwise this discussion is dead.

Huh? The only person mixing, or even talking about, those subjects is you. I have deliberately avoided any mention or implication of should/shouldn't, right/wrong, or trust.

The only point I made was that many people on this thread (maybe new arrivals that aren't familiar with the project's history) are asking for things that are outside of XSPEC's vision, presumably because they have not done the research you mention. You might notice that this is the exact same point that you just made--that people should do their research, and there is no point in asking for things that are outside the vision of the project. You literally just agreed with the one point I am making, while accusing me of arguing two things that I haven't even mentioned.

Anyway, now that we've established that we're all in agreement, we might as well move on and not clog the thread.
Don't be the one against the odds as it simple won't help you further in life.... just think again what the word "privacy" means and you will notice that is certainly don't mean sitting in your bedroom all day long, reading a book, feeding your goldfish, not picking up your phone, not saying hi to nobody, living in the forest where noone finds you...

In the context of coins, it would mean, keeping the transactions away from the public...(untracable)
You see ? this coin can be published on all exchanges while your transactions are being private. You can market the coin, and still being privat.

Again, this is not about what can and can't be done. It's about what will and won't be done in this project, based on XSPEC's stated goals and ideals. I agree, the team could do many things, but they won't do things that conflict with their vision for XSPEC. Everyone has their own opinion of what should be done, but ultimately, as investors, the only opinion that matters is that of the dev team. It seems that some people on this thread are unaware of the dev team's position on some of these issues--see Beachguy's (part of the official dev team) comment on this very topic from a week ago:

What I can confirm is we are always looking for a mutual opportunity for Spectrecoin[xspec] and an exchange. But let me say....its the tech and the community that grows the value of a coin....not this or that exchange. The amount of money that some of them want for a listing borders on obscene with some wanting thousands of dollars to even consider and make ithat non refundable. Take a look at even smaller exchanges like Cryptopia and you'll see they want almost five btc to list a coin. Do the math.

What many don't realize is a privacy coin like Spectrecoin[xspec] and a centralized exchange are at odds when the exchange has to comply with the KYC demands that governments around the world are starting to implement. Taxation is the goal of course and they all smell money.

Our current exchange line up serves quite well. we're not looking for a huge pump and then dump of xspec. A nice steady growth in value as people learn what real privacy is all about.

Decentralized exchanges are small now but, look for adoption to increase in 2018.

i'm not sure why you keep mixing 2 subjects with eachother. (on purpuse ?)

Before investing some money in 1 of the 1000s projects, one must check the team (in this case it wasnt posible), check the roadmap, whitepaper etc...
while reading into a project, you will notice the mission of the project and the vision of the devs behind this project. This can't be argued about afterwards as it was and still is known...

So again, don't mix those subjects as we cannot have a discussion this way.
Nevertheless, we all have invested in this project, otherwise this discussion is dead.
Don't be the one against the odds as it simple won't help you further in life.... just think again what the word "privacy" means and you will notice that is certainly don't mean sitting in your bedroom all day long, reading a book, feeding your goldfish, not picking up your phone, not saying hi to nobody, living in the forest where noone finds you...

In the context of coins, it would mean, keeping the transactions away from the public...(untracable)
You see ? this coin can be published on all exchanges while your transactions are being private. You can market the coin, and still being privat.

Again, this is not about what can and can't be done. It's about what will and won't be done in this project, based on XSPEC's stated goals and ideals. I agree, the team could do many things, but they won't do things that conflict with their vision for XSPEC. Everyone has their own opinion of what should be done, but ultimately, as investors, the only opinion that matters is that of the dev team. It seems that some people on this thread are unaware of the dev team's position on some of these issues--see Beachguy's (part of the official dev team) comment on this very topic from a week ago:

What I can confirm is we are always looking for a mutual opportunity for Spectrecoin[xspec] and an exchange. But let me say....its the tech and the community that grows the value of a coin....not this or that exchange. The amount of money that some of them want for a listing borders on obscene with some wanting thousands of dollars to even consider and make ithat non refundable. Take a look at even smaller exchanges like Cryptopia and you'll see they want almost five btc to list a coin. Do the math.

What many don't realize is a privacy coin like Spectrecoin[xspec] and a centralized exchange are at odds when the exchange has to comply with the KYC demands that governments around the world are starting to implement. Taxation is the goal of course and they all smell money.

Our current exchange line up serves quite well. we're not looking for a huge pump and then dump of xspec. A nice steady growth in value as people learn what real privacy is all about.

Decentralized exchanges are small now but, look for adoption to increase in 2018.
While it's nice to see all the enthusiasm, I think many on here are missing what XSPEC has always been, and plans to continue to be, which is first and foremost a privacy-focussed coin that values the product over hype. Representatives of the dev team have already stated that the odds of getting on more significant exchanges is low for now, for reasons of both cost and privacy (traditional exchanges = centralization = antithetical to XSPEC's ideals). Longer term, if and when decentralized exchanges receive more volume, that may change.

Likewise, I think the team is interested in marketing to users who care about privacy, but I don't think they care so much about marketing to noobs looking for the latest vapourware moonshot. So again, I wouldn't hold my breath for a flashy website (especially since the current site is less than a week old and already 100x fancier than the previous one), or shill articles in Forbes, or a USD pair on Bittrex.

exactly. I cringed at people saying the website needs to be "flashier." It's a privacy coin goddamnit lmao. I found the website itself aesthetically in line with the idea behind the coin.

The idealist in me fully agrees with you. The realist, however, reminds me that even the best technologies need money to survive and thrive. Also, money gives even such a project the opportunity to experiment, do more research, innovate etc. All that is a luxury which money-starved projects can't afford. So a little "hype" to support (but not instead of) a great technology and a great team would be very useful.

As for the exchanges, if mass-adoption is desired at some point in time, somebody will have to bite the bullet, give up anonymity and get listed on a major exchange. Decentralized exchanges will have difficulty to reach the same amount of users as the established exchanges.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. Notice that I didn't say anything about what XSPEC should or shouldn't do--merely what was a reasonable expectation based on past precedent and stated plans. XSPEC gonna do what XSPEC gonna do; investors need to be aware of that, for good and for bad.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47

The idealist in me fully agrees with you. The realist, however, reminds me that even the best technologies need money to survive and thrive. Also, money gives even such a project the opportunity to experiment, do more research, innovate etc. All that is a luxury which money-starved projects can't afford. So a little "hype" to support (but not instead of) a great technology and a great team would be very useful.

As for the exchanges, if mass-adoption is desired at some point in time, somebody will have to bite the bullet, give up anonymity and get listed on a major exchange. Decentralized exchanges will have difficulty to reach the same amount of users as the established exchanges.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10

exactly. I cringed at people saying the website needs to be "flashier." It's a privacy coin goddamnit lmao. I found the website itself aesthetically in line with the idea behind the coin.

Activity: 183
perhaps USD/XSPEC OR EUR/XSPEC in future?)
For XSPEC capital appreciation (i.e. rise in price) is MUCH more relevant than the dividend income. Say you have 1000 XSPEC. This is currently worth about USD 5000. From this, your monthly dividend is about 4 USD (5% of 1000 / 12)  or 50 USD per year. If, however, we all chime in so that the devs can focus on creating an even more excellent product and there is some money for some serious marketing, then the price can quickly rise to 100 or more. Suddently the USD 5000 become USD 500'000 ... compare this to giving up the 50 USD per year, and think which of these you prefer ... easy choice, I think. Once XSPEC rises beyond 100 maybe this will need to be revisited, but until then, I think it's obvious what makes sense and what doesn't.    (c) pvk

so how to make this work ? (i think everyone can and should agree on this statement) and if not, these people arent healty for this project and should get out asap, so to say)
Activity: 406
Merit: 104

I really hope that XSPEC has not fallen into the hands of too many day-traders like STRATIS has.

Highly unlikely. To be attractive to day trading, XSPEC would need to have more liquidity and depth. No doubt it will get there this year, but we are not there yet.

I hope you're right. This is actually my #1 fear, since it happened to a coin I was (and still am) hodling, STRAT.

Strat went from $3 to $20 in 2 months, that's a pretty healthy gain. Not all coins can grow like RaiBlocks Wink
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
For XSPEC capital appreciation (i.e. rise in price) is MUCH more relevant than the dividend income. Say you have 1000 XSPEC. This is currently worth about USD 5000. From this, your monthly dividend is about 4 USD (5% of 1000 / 12)  or 50 USD per year. If, however, we all chime in so that the devs can focus on creating an even more excellent product and there is some money for some serious marketing, then the price can quickly rise to 100 or more. Suddently the USD 5000 become USD 500'000 ... compare this to giving up the 50 USD per year, and think which of these you prefer ... easy choice, I think. Once XSPEC rises beyond 100 maybe this will need to be revisited, but until then, I think it's obvious what makes sense and what doesn't.    (c) pvk

I really hope that XSPEC has not fallen into the hands of too many day-traders like STRATIS has.

Highly unlikely. To be attractive to day trading, XSPEC would need to have more liquidity and depth. No doubt it will get there this year, but we are not there yet.

I hope you're right. This is actually my #1 fear, since it happened to a coin I was (and still am) hodling, STRAT.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47

I would love to see XSPEC on Bittrex or HitBTC. Any plans?

Not Bittrex. We should aim for more listings, but we should avoid Bittrex because that place is full of day-traders and bots.

That is unfortunately what happened with STRAT and WAVES, and why their prices are stagnant, despite amazing products.

We should try for a bunch of other ones though, I agree.
Pages:
Jump to: