Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013 - page 26. (Read 195438 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
hashrate on pools is based on the speed of submitted shares. an optimised miner is an advantage the same way an ASIC is an advantage. people without the advantage will say its unfair

The two clients in the screenshot are reporting the same hashrate, but submitting greatly different numbers of shares.
So the client has not been optimised to perform more hashes per second, or that would be reflected in the local hashrate.
Either:
a) The hashrate display is wrong
b) Less hashes are being performed per share submitted
c) Shares are being submitted that would not have passed the other client's checks, or
d) One miner just got really really lucky

Blocks found, over a long enough period, should be roughly in proportion to shares submitted and accepted.
To be generating that much hashrate, and that many shares, but seemingly not finding any blocks, suggests that the shares being submitted are invalid in some way.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Spoetnik has developed his own private miner that is about 97% more efficient at finding shares. 2 or 3 people have this miner and i believe hes not giving it out to anyone else

http://i.imgur.com/869DrLA.jpg

hey dumb ass

go read the QRK topic and your such weazely little scumbag man wow
i offered to give you links to the source code so you could compile it your self and you said no thanks i don't wanna

investigate anything you want.. see if i care

i have explained it all numerous times and you guys act dumb and accuse me of stupid shit

and Eliot care to tell everyone what you said when i told you i don't wanna give you my miner ?
he told me he doesn't like me and thinks i'm a jerk or something when i asked him why he'd been an assholeto me form day one
so surprise surprise here he is bad mouthing me..

oh and this little weazle has been begging me for me client non stop as recently as yesterday too
two faced prick
Activity: 252
hashrate on pools is based on the speed of submitted shares. an optimised miner is an advantage the same way an ASIC is an advantage. people without the advantage will say its unfair
Well something is iffy, as the reported hashrate by both miners in those screenshots is the same, despite the large disparity in shares submitted, and it doesn't seem like the 'improved' miner is actually finding any blocks.
Activity: 252
Spoetnik has developed his own private miner that is massively more efficient at finding shares. 2 or 3 people have this miner and i believe hes not giving it out to anyone else

http://i.imgur.com/869DrLA.jpg
our pool is running stable and with steady hash. It could still need love  Wink

https://coinex.pw/mining/pools/SRC

great work, good job, thank you  Grin

This pool was great sadly users 2many280s and spoetnik ruined it by coming in huge hashrate (5 Mh/s and more) without ever finding any block! They just keep most of the profits for themselves without real contribution while the honest miner are finding block but earning only a very low amount of SRC (about 1/10 of the normal gain when those people were not on the pool).

Clearly there is a problem and I hope it comes from the pool and not from the coin. There really is a security flaw somewhere about accepting hashs that are not producive to block finding in the appropriate statistical amount...

Meanwhile I had to change pool until this problem is solved.

your a lying sack of shit !

security flaw ?

what called Github where buddy posted his fucking code ?

every occur to you i'm hashing more because i have faster hardware ?

2many280's OWNS SERVERS he has SERVER HARDWARE and he has given me hash for testing occasionally..
this is not an exploit idiot its called mining.

and go look at that pool dumb ass.. the one you quoted and tell me who found the last block..
that would be me by myself with a fucking core 2 duo 7500

your an idiot and i don't appreciate the accusations.

The last two confirmed blocks on that pool were found by user cawa_leb.
None of the last 15 confirmed blocks were found by you or 2many280s.
Activity: 294
we have it on our list to investigate that.
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™

This pool was great sadly users 2many280s and spoetnik ruined it by coming in huge hashrate (5 Mh/s and more) without ever finding any block! They just keep most of the profits for themselves without real contribution while the honest miner are finding block but earning only a very low amount of SRC (about 1/10 of the normal gain when those people were not on the pool).

Clearly there is a problem and I hope it comes from the pool and not from the coin. There really is a security flaw somewhere about accepting hashs that are not producive to block finding in the appropriate statistical amount...

your a lying sack of shit !

security flaw ?

what called Github where buddy posted his fucking code ?

every occur to you i'm hashing more because i have faster hardware ?

2many280's OWNS SERVERS he has SERVER HARDWARE and he has given me hash for testing occasionally..
this is not an exploit idiot its called mining.

and go look at that pool dumb ass.. the one you quoted and tell me who found the last block..
that would be me by myself with a fucking core 2 duo 7500

your an idiot and i don't appreciate the accusations.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
ya he's right.. toying with a miner you can get some accepted shares 50% of the time by dropping half the algo work
which is proof that all algos are not used at all times.. like he said its random ..at least i think so too. (lot of the algo stuff is over my head)

reading first page it seems like block reward will always be 5 is that correct ? (it's not going to halve or what ever ?)

difficulty is getting high these days Sad

Wouldn't you find less blocks overall though if you drop some of the algos? Have you seen any performance gains pool/solo mining by doing this?
This is a very interesting find indeed. Thank you for sharing.
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
ya he's right.. toying with a miner you can get some accepted shares 50% of the time by dropping half the algo work
which is proof that all algos are not used at all times.. like he said its random ..at least i think so too. (lot of the algo stuff is over my head)

reading first page it seems like block reward will always be 5 is that correct ? (it's not going to halve or what ever ?)

difficulty is getting high these days Sad
Activity: 60
getting a lot of "transaction is too large, transaction cannot be created" errors for some reason, can't even send 30 SRC :<

This is probably due to p2pool payments. You are getting too many fractions of payments so it affects the way you can pay out.

Same issue here after using a p2pool for long enough. Are there any solution? TIA

Also, if any of p2pool node hosters here are interested, I can post my networks.py so we can turn our separate nodes into true p2pool.

Thats one of the reasons why i blocked the p2p port of my pool. I also discussed this with other p2pool operators for QRK a while ago and we agreed that with the lower diff we still have, it's ok to have separate standalone pools.

Creating one big p2pool network would create even more tiny fractions than standalone pools. Also if it's one big decentralized p2pool network, or many seperate p2pools both is a decentralization and good for the coin network

The wallet has that nasty behavior when sending out money to behave like the following:
If it finds a received transaction with the exact amount you try to send, it uses this.
If not it tries to assemle the needed amount from smaller amounts IMHO starting at the smalles amount it has. That way the final transaction will consists of thousend mini-inputs and will be to large.
So as stated you will need to send smaller transactions (smaller in the amount of inputs, i think you can look that up in the logfile of the wallet). After that transaction succeded all used mini-imputs are now consolidated as a new bigger input for the next transaction.

The multiple algorithms listed for this coin, are they all used in every block of the blockchain, or do they take turns and individual block only gets worked on with one or two of the algorthms?

(Sorry if the question has been asked before.)

For every block all of those hashing algorithms are used sequentially and often more than once. That more than once thing is determined randomly simplified spoken.
Activity: 81

Activity: 62
The multiple algorithms listed for this coin, are they all used in every block of the blockchain, or do they take turns and individual block only gets worked on with one or two of the algorthms?

(Sorry if the question has been asked before.)
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

Nice idea to combine exchange with mining pool's, but if you place useful information about available CPU/GPU miners, donwload links and command line parameters for mining with your pool probably you will get even more users.

Keep growing, good luck!
Activity: 294

Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Just mining my own business...
getting a lot of "transaction is too large, transaction cannot be created" errors for some reason, can't even send 30 SRC :<

This is probably due to p2pool payments. You are getting too many fractions of payments so it affects the way you can pay out.

Same issue here after using a p2pool for long enough. Are there any solution? TIA

Use a pool that accumulates those small payments into a larger, single transaction (i.e., not p2pool)... Smiley

Try sending in smaller parts or use raw transaction API for fine tuning: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Raw_Transactions
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
Watching the Cryptsy market, someone has just pumped SRC from 0.00048 to 0.00075 in two large buys!
yeah its crazy theres no big buywalls at a decent price just massive pumps every few days

It's not pumping. This is someone accumulating 1000's of coins while the price is still low.

Yep that was me back then, not pumping, buying up, 8 BTC worth so far. i found it hard to buy, as its in dribs and draps and bots gobble it up.  Secure coin will kick ass on ave and i think its gunna give DGC a run for its money.

a user named ikarus bought everything up to 0.0006 many times and i had luckily set my orders over and over at 0.0005999
meanwhile current sell prices were way lower
..i'm mining them so i have them coming in regardless
that guy hasn't done that in a few days i think now though, but i have in the last week or two sorta been saving what i mine and buying more and more
and with the lower prices lately i've been buying more than normal.. occasionally i sell some for a very small profit but i'm holding them long term Smiley
i've easily got over a thousand
so you may not being fighting with a bot for them.. more than likely it's me Wink
Pages:
Jump to: