Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][STEPS] Let's make a new altcoin environment - page 72. (Read 193160 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
Just to clarify mates, i am not troll just i say honestly what i think. I am also in same boat with you and have invested in this coin. I think it have good community and honest, active developers. I never invest money just like that but if you want for this thread to be just another hype sort of crap i will not post my thoughts here anymore and problem solved. Just dont call me a troll cause that is low and retarded.
General idea is to we pay for using web wallet? That sounds weird. Do we own private keys there? Is there any insurance for funds held there? If not, i dont see why on earth would anyone pay to use web wallet, which is most unsecure way to store your coins btw. It would be miracle if lot of ppl pay to store their coins on web.

Thank you for your question and I can answer as follow:

To use the online Steps Wallet on our website is free!

The service we launched will be for new coins, as soon as a coin will launch we will compile a wallet (within 24 hours) this way you can safely   mine coins and send them to our online wallet service.

The easiest to explain is to give you an example, one of our community members mined LunarCoin at launch, he downloaded the wallet to his computer and it was infected with a trojan, all his coins was hacked!

With this service you can send coins to the online wallet without the risk of downloading the wallet to your computer and expose yourself, once coin is listed on an exchange or you are completely sure the wallet is clean you can send the coins to your preferred wallet.

Indeed with new wallets there is a risk that developers will not deliver and I will advise you to read our terms of use once Steps Stay Safe is live tonight.

Dont get me wrong, i am in STEPS and i think it is good coin but this step with inventing web wallet is just too funny roflmao. Web wallets are invented long time ago and are considered as most insecure way to store your coins. I was waiting this announcement and just saw what it is, i cant stop laughing.

We discussed this project with numerous community members, take note that this is for new wallets at launch, it is very high risk to download new wallets. I am sure some community members will confirm it to you, not funny if you lost all your Steps because of a new wallet with Virus.

It is no laughing matter if your wallets get hacked because you downloaded a infected wallet. As pointed out before, the Lunar Wallet was clean according to Virus Total, well it was not clean and we all know what happened!!!

Educating ppl to use virtual machine when install any new wallet could have great impact on security and is not to complicated to do. I am car mechanic and never had problems with viruses. It is just sad when ppl who are deep in cryptography dont care about security.

Considering how awesome you are at security.....never had problems.....
what's this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12944018

Sweet dreams my troll.

IDK on wehat you are pointing mate, most possibly you dont know also. We just found possible backdoor in some shitcoin wallet and asking for explanation in that thread.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
General idea is to we pay for using web wallet? That sounds weird. Do we own private keys there? Is there any insurance for funds held there? If not, i dont see why on earth would anyone pay to use web wallet, which is most unsecure way to store your coins btw. It would be miracle if lot of ppl pay to store their coins on web.

The service we launched will be for new coins, as soon as a coin will launch we will compile a wallet (within 24 hours) this way you can safely   mine coins and send them to our online wallet service.

The easiest to explain is to give you an example, one of our community members mined LunarCoin at launch, he downloaded the wallet to his computer and it was infected with a trojan, all his coins was hacked!

With this service you can send coins to the online wallet without the risk of downloading the wallet to your computer and expose yourself, once coin is listed on an exchange or you are completely sure the wallet is clean you can send the coins to your preferred wallet.

Indeed with new wallets there is a risk that developers will not deliver and I will advise you to read our terms of use once Steps Stay Safe is live tonight.

Dont get me wrong, i am in STEPS and i think it is good coin but this step with inventing web wallet is just too funny roflmao. Web wallets are invented long time ago and are considered as most insecure way to store your coins. I was waiting this announcement and just saw what it is, i cant stop laughing.

We discussed this project with numerous community members, take note that this is for new wallets at launch, it is very high risk to download new wallets. I am sure some community members will confirm it to you, not funny if you lost all your Steps because of a new wallet with Virus.

It is no laughing matter if your wallets get hacked because you downloaded a infected wallet. As pointed out before, the Lunar Wallet was clean according to Virus Total, well it was not clean and we all know what happened!!!

Educating ppl to use virtual machine when install any new wallet could have great impact on security and is not to complicated to do. I am car mechanic and never had problems with viruses. It is just sad when ppl who are deep in cryptography dont care about security.

Sweet dreams my troll.

A smackdown if ever I saw one haha
Activity: 532
Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

Sweet dreams my troll.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain

The purpose for this is to not store any coins of high value.  If people lose some shitcoins using this service, it is better than losing btc or other high value coins on their PC.  If you are a true geek and know how to secure your wallet, then this is not for you.  This could do well or not but nothing wrong with trying. 

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
Steps Stay Safe is an online tool, which enables you to store, use and manage different cryptocurrencies.

Over the last few months more and more new coins launched with viruses and trojans. Miners lost a substantial amount of coins being hacked and lost trust in the launch of new coins.

We at AltcoinSteps looked into this problem and came up with the idea of “Steps Stay Safe”. Our solution is to implement a new multi wallet for newly launched coins and older coins as requested by the community.

This online multi-wallet will have the added security of 2fa. We will download wallets from source. This way miners can mine and store coins online. No need to risk and download a new wallet to your computer till you’re sure the wallet is virus and trojan free or you can send your mined coins to an exchange.

If a wallet is broken at any point we can do everything to provide a fix and work with its dev if he is interested, but in the case a wallet cannot be fixed we will not take responsibility for loss of coins.

The fee for this service will be 250 Steps per wallet, 50% of the Steps will be burned and the rest will be put into our development fund.

We will do our best to download new wallets within 24 hours of a coin launch and developers and miners can request to add wallets to our service.

On community request we will be able to add more wallets.

https://altcoinsteps.com/staySafe

Service is only available for registered users of https://altcoinsteps.com

This is only a sneak peak, full service will launch tomorrow

2 questions:
- is there a possibility that pos-coins will stake in the web-wallet?
- is it possible to backup the wallet.dat for myself, so i can be aware of any losses, problems, unavailability of service or somewhat else?
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
i only one question now,
when on bittrex =)
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Steps Stay Safe is an online tool, which enables you to store, use and manage different cryptocurrencies.

Over the last few months more and more new coins launched with viruses and trojans. Miners lost a substantial amount of coins being hacked and lost trust in the launch of new coins.

We at AltcoinSteps looked into this problem and came up with the idea of “Steps Stay Safe”. Our solution is to implement a new multi wallet for newly launched coins and older coins as requested by the community.

This online multi-wallet will have the added security of 2fa. We will download wallets from source. This way miners can mine and store coins online. No need to risk and download a new wallet to your computer till you’re sure the wallet is virus and trojan free or you can send your mined coins to an exchange.

If a wallet is broken at any point we can do everything to provide a fix and work with its dev if he is interested, but in the case a wallet cannot be fixed we will not take responsibility for loss of coins.

The fee for this service will be 250 Steps per wallet, 50% of the Steps will be burned and the rest will be put into our development fund.

We will do our best to download new wallets within 24 hours of a coin launch and developers and miners can request to add wallets to our service.

WOW this is going to be so cool...I will spread the word around and I want to get in the wallet too.. I love it!!!! What a great way t enhance STEPS and at the same time giving love to other Crypto too!!! Also wanted to ask will the coins in the multi wallet still show up in the block explorer? Cos we give out proof of baghold for our coin peeps who hold say 500 or more coins in their wallet ..I know a lot of peeps would love to use your service and I for one will use it too.. I will go buy some btc through my bank to buy more STEPS  as I will want to pay for my peeps using the service and I don't want to take my steps out of their wallet hehe they are making babies.. Smiley It will take me several days to get the btc as I am in europe and it takes a few days via bank sepa lol..
I tought secure wallet will be something like desktop client just with 2fa or something. I guess that would do the trick. Web wallets can be simple to use but are way to unsecure. They can be also targets for hackers, maybe even better targets than users. Also, in my opinion, if you dont have keys, house is not yours if you know what i mean.
Activity: 714

We done some thorough research in this matter and your average miner want a easy, uncomplicated way in storing his coins.

The service we launched will be for new coins, as soon as a coin will launch we will compile a wallet (within 24 hours) this way you can safely   mine coins and send them to our online wallet service.

It is no laughing matter if your wallets get hacked because you downloaded an infected wallet. As pointed out before, the Lunar Wallet was clean according to Virus Total, well it was not clean and we all know what happened!!!

I hope the community will utilise our services, Steps Stay Safe will be live tonight!
Activity: 484
Merit: 250
Excellent news!It also affected the price !! Smiley Smiley
Activity: 532
Better die on your feet, than live on your knees
Great job guys.
All the rest of us have to do now is buckle up  Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Let's make a new altcoin environment.

We will shortly update the community with more detail!
Pages:
Jump to: