Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][STEPS] Let's make a new altcoin environment - page 71. (Read 193160 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Just an update that Steps now is on the WorldCoinIndex: http://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/stepscoin
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com
I got myself some cheap coins again today. Thought that was done, but apparently one should never underestimate the impatient and the greedy  Grin

I've put in an order for 150,000 STEPS at 1100 sat. ;-)
this coin have a lot of buy support i think step will never go lower than 1000
100k buy support also at 1k
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
guys send request to poloniex here - https://poloniex.com/coinRequest (if many people send requst i belive they will add the coin)
also on the twitter on bittrex and poloniex
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I got myself some cheap coins again today. Thought that was done, but apparently one should never underestimate the impatient and the greedy  Grin

wow that's cool..I picked up another 3.4k STEPS and they staking in my wallet now so will try get some more today so want to get passed 20k STEPS this week.. Wink  Grin Smiley At least get into the top 100 for now then try go up..
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
I got myself some cheap coins again today. Thought that was done, but apparently one should never underestimate the impatient and the greedy  Grin

Activity: 532
Better die on your feet, than live on your knees
Great to see buy support building competitively above 1000. Your faith in these guys - by my judgement at least - is not misplaced.
Activity: 484
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
the main problem is:
how many people out of 100 know what a vm is or does. some would be surprised how low the number is. security is 100% done with an anti-virus software. yes even in crypto.

for such people stay safe is a good idea.
the main usage is the few days between mining/buying from escrow and having it on an exchange nowadays. so for that purpose it fits perfectly, i think.. if it is capable of staking.
sorry that i missed to answer your previous question, still busy with the development, anyway the wallet will not stake, at least not for now, that need more work and we are currently short with time, so will leave that for later, you will not be able to back up wallet.dat as for checking if service is available or there are any loses, everything will be stated in wallet. Will be easier to explain as soon as we have the service online and working

i already thought it is like an exchange wallet internally.
but both features will make stay safe very interesting.
2nd one to give the "customer" a bit more of security (well, a feeling of Wink )
Activity: 484
STEPS trading now open on banx.io

https://www.banx.io/trade?c=STEPS&p=BTC

1.Everything that happens reminds us that the dev team is always here,working in the background.
2.I visited banx.io few hours ago.The site moderator had just announced the addition of Steps at the trollbox.S/o asked the typical question:"Is it worth investing in Steps?"Grandwest(andrepierre) and Altcoinsteps were there as well and both replied:"We really can't tell you as we're part of the dev team,but if you want you can visit the ann thread and do your own research".
We all know how 95% of coin devs respond to such questions on troll boxes.But there's always the other 5%!
3.All safe,is a new concept.It is made ,basically after community's needs,as a lot of misfortunate things happened.It's a positive reaction from the devs.If adjustments have to be made for the wallet to be more functional,I'm 100% sure devs will deliver.It's a good thing that they try new things!

Step by Step!
Greetings from sunny Greece!

Activity: 532
Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

Nice I like that exchange. Should increase the trade a little.
Activity: 322
Let's make a new altcoin environment.

the main problem is:
how many people out of 100 know what a vm is or does. some would be surprised how low the number is. security is 100% done with an anti-virus software. yes even in crypto.

the main usage is the few days between mining/buying from escrow and having it on an exchange nowadays. so for that purpose it fits perfectly, i think.. if it is capable of staking.
sorry that i missed to answer your previous question, still busy with the development, anyway the wallet will not stake, at least not for now, that need more work and we are currently short with time, so will leave that for later, you will not be able to back up wallet.dat as for checking if service is available or there are any loses, everything will be stated in wallet. Will be easier to explain as soon as we have the service online and working

The primary goal achieved with this is being able to mine coins and have them sent to a wallet to be then sent to an exchange (because as you know exchanges do not like you mining directly to them as it bogs the network down).

HI-POS coins such as steps are a different bread than the mine and dump coins that this is targeted towards. This is very much a nice and easy - get in and out way to mine any coin regardless of reputability and make some quick cash selling it. Obviously you dont want to be mining a shitcoin and then see your STEPS balance reduced to 0 like some users here have had happen - this is the remedy for those who want to play with fire.
Activity: 322
Let's make a new altcoin environment.
the main problem is:

legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
the main problem is:

Activity: 346
Steps Stay Safe is a nice idea. Though, I believe its usefulness hinges a bit on the answer to one of the questions Raetsch asked: Will coins be able/allowed to stake? Staking is probably the main reason to download a possibly unsafe wallet nowadays.

Just to clarify mates, i am not troll just i say honestly what i think. I am also in same boat with you and have invested in this coin. I think it have good community and honest, active developers. I never invest money just like that but if you want for this thread to be just another hype sort of crap i will not post my thoughts here anymore and problem solved. Just dont call me a troll cause that is low and retarded.
Nothing wrong with saying what you think but there is a not so fine difference between that and in effect to fud an offered service. Especially as it looks from the outside like you haven't understood at first  what the intention of this service was. As said it's not meant to be used because a web wallet is safer than a local one for the coins in the web wallet. It is meant to be safer for the machine, and coins on it, that now doesn't have to run the questionable (new) wallet of another coin. Yes, running a VM is not that hard, as is getting the own arse to the book, blu-ray or whatever store, but it might be more convenient to use that web wallet, as is using Amazon. Someone might be just too lazy to set up that VM, some might use the time otherwise, some don't want (electricity) or have another machine to run (several?) VMs on it and can't or don't want to run them 24/7 on the main one. Last but perhaps not least, while VMs do provide a pretty good safety they don't have a clean track record of being unbreak(out)able. No offense meant, just my thoughts.

Activity: 851
Merit: 1000
Do You Even Onion Bro?
Steps is a long term  no quick getting rich  scheme the developer's are here for the long term  so am I ....I mine sell and buy steps slowly accumulating my coin  not to long ago I got hack by downloading the lunar wallet I am looking forward to using the new safe wallet from steps ...Stay safe with the new wallet  cause it really hurts loosing your coins believe me I know I lost 56000 coin plus  ..
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Currency fell dramatically this explains the lack of success

For hit and runners success in  digital currency is always measured in days or a month.. For honest developers and investors, it may take a year or so before success or failure can be determined.. Not all Crypto is a get rich quick scheme, but an honest expression of development and ideals. If you think it is a failure then you can go and join pump and dump groups to play with every sh*t coin for fast money.. I am sticking around to see this baby grow..  Smiley Trolls said the same thing about the coin I am running, one year plus later we are still here and paying bagbonus to bagholders every month because the simple reason is we didn't quit. So as long as I see honest developers here who are trying to make a difference, I for one will be here collecting STEPS..Just bought some bitcoin should be here next week to collect at least another 5-10k for my wallet.  Smiley
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Currency fell dramatically this explains the lack of success
Pages:
Jump to: