Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 104. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
ah something wrong now the miners cant connect.. Huh site and miners down= no good Sad

DB server is having issues.  Looks like a problem at the VPS level again.   I am restarting the DB now, once it restarts, miners should be able to connect again.  If you are currently connected, you shouldn't be having any issues. 
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
ah something wrong now the miners cant connect.. Huh site and miners down= no good Sad
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
How about listing a few coins you are considering and the miners can vote on replacements for PXC,LKY?

If I could check or uncheck coins I want to mine this would be awesome. I know I could mine on the particular pools but I want the multipool capability, just want to avoid having to sell cryptodust for single satoshis. Waiting for them to accumulate isn't an option either, since they surely will be worth even less over time I'm afraid.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Website stats "down"?  Site shows I'm doing nothing, 2 KHs, but systems showing they are working away.

Thanks.

JR
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
currently mining
dgc

If I lower Intensity to 12 it will stop the HW rising but sets hash rate to 400.   I used to have it running over 600, its a 7950
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
Whats the luck on that btc block now.    Ive similar nasty blocks elsewhere, just unfortunate it was the first one.

Im trying to get scrypt running again after some months away, I keep getting HW errors though (cgw says 34% ) and Im not sure that is ok.   The account part of the website says I have a hash rate of 200, CGminer says 500 and the stats graph part shows 600.
   Im finding blocks (isnt that listed somewhere), so is that ok or Im going to get paid a penny a day

What coin are you mining? Also, try turning down your GPU intensity, you should see less HW errors then.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Whats the luck on that btc block now.    Ive similar nasty blocks elsewhere, just unfortunate it was the first one.

Im trying to get scrypt running again after some months away, I keep getting HW errors though (cgw says 34% ) and Im not sure that is ok.   The account part of the website says I have a hash rate of 200, CGminer says 500 and the stats graph part shows 600.
   Im finding blocks (isnt that listed somewhere), so is that ok or Im going to get paid a penny a day

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I've decided that in order to promote our pool, I'm offering the finder of the first block the pool fee (1.5% - 0.3125 BTC) plus any transaction fees within the block, up to a limit of 1 BTC.
I still think the 0% fee on the bitcoin pool would be a great incentive too to really get the pool moving. That's always an option, and I'm quite sure the fees from all the other pools would cover costs for running and such.

I'm also seeing an emerging common/popular thing which is to use some/all of the merged mine alts (namecoin being the notable one on this list) to cover pool expenses so that they can reduce or remove the need to take fees all together and offer transactional income to users of the pool, might be something to consider once deciding to merge mine or not....
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
I've decided that in order to promote our pool, I'm offering the finder of the first block the pool fee (1.5% - 0.3125 BTC) plus any transaction fees within the block, up to a limit of 1 BTC.
I still think the 0% fee on the bitcoin pool would be a great incentive too to really get the pool moving. That's always an option, and I'm quite sure the fees from all the other pools would cover costs for running and such.
www.multipool.us
www.multipool.us
Well if we are going to be a BTC pool, how about a PPS system in place. Make it worth our wild. Smiley

The BTC pool will likely switch to PPLNS at some point, as we aren't likely to attract too many miners with a hoppable reward system.  So I'll have to figure that out.

PPS is a non-starter.

Please do; quickly.

This is pretty much a pointless BTC pool to mine in because it's always at least 200hrs to find a BTC block (not counting luck).

...which then causes a catch-22.

We need more hash to hash more blocks, so we can attract more hash.  Tongue

I vote PPLNS. Then add a Stats ranking for 'Top 30 Share Contributors' (I'll be waaaay down at the bottom with 6GH/s)Cheesy

I agree that PPLNS or DGM is the way to go.  However, I'm not sure it'd be fair to change the payout method while still working on the current block.

I am close to announcing a promotion that should hopefully bring in some more hashpower.  Stay tuned.
Activity: 128
...The Shadow knows.
Well if we are going to be a BTC pool, how about a PPS system in place. Make it worth our wild. Smiley

The BTC pool will likely switch to PPLNS at some point, as we aren't likely to attract too many miners with a hoppable reward system.  So I'll have to figure that out.

PPS is a non-starter.

Please do; quickly.

This is pretty much a pointless BTC pool to mine in because it's always at least 200hrs to find a BTC block (not counting luck).

...which then causes a catch-22.

We need more hash to hash more blocks, so we can attract more hash.  Tongue

I vote PPLNS. Then add a Stats ranking for 'Top 30 Share Contributors' (I'll be waaaay down at the bottom with 6GH/s)Cheesy
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
How about listing a few coins you are considering and the miners can vote on replacements for PXC,LKY?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Can we stop mining PXC because autosell never works on cryptsy and it's not worth my time to sell digits of pxc for 500 satoshis each.

I've actually been considering dumping it recently.  It's a scamcoin to begin with, and the recent ordeal with PhenixEx makes me think that it really shouldn't be around anymore.

Autosell wasn't working for all coins but they seem to have fixed it now. Why would you dump PXC? It's more often profitable than LKY.

I would dump LKY too.
Activity: 147
Can we stop mining PXC because autosell never works on cryptsy and it's not worth my time to sell digits of pxc for 500 satoshis each.

PXCs can add up. I have collected about 1500 of them the last week.  Plus don't use Cryptsy auto sell. They charge fees for each sale on top of the other fees. Plus as you noticed if doesn't always work. Not just PXC. Just my thought.
www.multipool.us

I've actually been considering dumping it recently.  It's a scamcoin to begin with, and the recent ordeal with PhenixEx makes me think that it really shouldn't be around anymore.

Autosell wasn't working for all coins but they seem to have fixed it now. Why would you dump PXC? It's more often profitable than LKY.

I was considering dumping it because the dev is a confirmed scammer and has basically vanished from the boards, but it appears it's been taken over by a new dev who will be hard forking it within the next few weeks.  So we'll see where it goes from there.
www.multipool.us
well we spent a whole 2 mins on Zet coin today Undecided, plus side glade we mined some trc today and finally got off btc, lol thought the whole idea of mining multipool was find the most profitable coin , how can mining the hardest coin be the most profitable?

Isn't it GREAT how a CENTRALIZED authority decides everything for you ?

OMG its .. out with the old school.. in with more old school.

We add about 1000 more miners to each coin we mine (while we're mining it).  In addition, we're mining at the time when the difficulty is lowest (and thus the coins are most vulnerable to a 51% attack.)

If that doesn't fit your definition of decentralization, I don't know what would.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Activity: 201
well we spent a whole 2 mins on Zet coin today Undecided, plus side glade we mined some trc today and finally got off btc, lol thought the whole idea of mining multipool was find the most profitable coin , how can mining the hardest coin be the most profitable?

Good lord your still trolling these pools' threads?  Have you actually contributed anything constructive to any thread you have posted in ever?
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

Jump to: