Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 106. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Well if we are going to be a BTC pool, how about a PPS system in place. Make it worth our wild. Smiley

The BTC pool will likely switch to PPLNS at some point, as we aren't likely to attract too many miners with a hoppable reward system.  So I'll have to figure that out.

PPS is a non-starter.
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
Well if we are going to be a BTC pool, how about a PPS system in place. Make it worth our wild. Smiley
www.multipool.us
Those of us who were testing the PPC pool aren't being credited the shares that were submitted before the problem was fixed and it was added to the multipool? So I wasted my hashes for about 24 hours on that coin?

It looks like the first block wasn't credited properly.  I'll look into this as soon as I can.  Don't worry, it won't be mature for another 2 days or so Smiley
www.multipool.us
Really there is no point for us to be "solo" mine btc on this small pool vs something like BTC Guild/etc that solves blocks in minutes.  Not weeks.
Sorry not trying to be rude or anything, just a fact this new 391 million diff just made it even harder to find a block, mining btc requires a huge amount of hashing power, something
that is seriously lacking here.

So please lets get back to mine the most profitable "alt" coin.

Icon

No, we're not retreating into alts.  We are a Bitcoin pool now.  The challenge is to grow our hashrate.  There is loads of ASIC hashpower coming online now, and I know that some of those people will want to maximize their profits.  We just need to let them know we are out here.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
So if the bitcoin pool has 370 million difficulty one shares, and we have 100% luck we should be hitting a block in the next day or too right?

It doesn't work exactly like that, but yeah the difficulty should equal the average number of difficulty 1 shares that are solved before a block is found.
Rats, hopefully I'll get my 2GH/s in block erupters tomorrow or Tuesday and can contribute to Multipool's first block. Smiley
www.multipool.us
So if the bitcoin pool has 370 million difficulty one shares, and we have 100% luck we should be hitting a block in the next day or too right?

It doesn't work exactly like that, but yeah the difficulty should equal the average number of difficulty 1 shares that are solved before a block is found.
legendary
So if the bitcoin pool has 370 million difficulty one shares, and we have 100% luck we should be hitting a block in the next day or two right?
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
Those of us who were testing the PPC pool aren't being credited the shares that were submitted before the problem was fixed and it was added to the multipool? So I wasted my hashes for about 24 hours on that coin?
I got my shares from the test. PPC has a really high confirmation requirement and it's going to be awhile before the first block is paid.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Really there is no point for us to be "solo" mine btc on this small pool vs something like BTC Guild/etc that solves blocks in minutes.  Not weeks.
Sorry not trying to be rude or anything, just a fact this new 391 million diff just made it even harder to find a block, mining btc requires a huge amount of hashing power, something
that is seriously lacking here.

So please lets get back to mine the most profitable "alt" coin.

Icon
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
It could be because the last few BTC diff jumps have been so brutal that the others are profitable more often.

dfgfdgfdg
I thought it would be on BTC more than 90%.
I sure am glad we have a SHA-256 MultiPort to eke out some more mining profits.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
Over 200 hours or over 7 days for a BTC block.
Really... There is to much competition for BTC pools, the only winners are DDOS company's.
Bitminter as black lotus
This pool as Incapsula
Etc...
The only time this pool as had ddos attack seems to be when it became a BTC pool.
So is it worth it?
EDIT: Is it worth having a BTC pool?
A SHA256 multipool without BTC would be pointless as BTC is most profitable over 90% of the time. The pool needs more hash rate to work but at 1.5% fee it doesn't compete with some others that already have much larger has rates.
So much for the 90%-myth. Last 24 hours: BTC 55.8%, PPC 22.9%, TRC 11%, FRC 5.7% and ZET 4.6%.
https://www.multipool.us/multiport_stats.php?alg=sha256

90% guesstimate  Wink BTC difficulty just went up a few days ago, and that is when the others come into play most. Look at a whole 10 days and then see how far out my guess was.
dfgfdgfdg
Over 200 hours or over 7 days for a BTC block.
Really... There is to much competition for BTC pools, the only winners are DDOS company's.
Bitminter as black lotus
This pool as Incapsula
Etc...
The only time this pool as had ddos attack seems to be when it became a BTC pool.
So is it worth it?
EDIT: Is it worth having a BTC pool?
A SHA256 multipool without BTC would be pointless as BTC is most profitable over 90% of the time. The pool needs more hash rate to work but at 1.5% fee it doesn't compete with some others that already have much larger has rates.
So much for the 90%-myth. Last 24 hours: BTC 55.8%, PPC 22.9%, TRC 11%, FRC 5.7% and ZET 4.6%.
https://www.multipool.us/multiport_stats.php?alg=sha256
So we'll be credited all the shares submitted?
www.multipool.us
We found a PPC block earlier today, it's in the wallet but the gettransactions script is throwing an error.  I won't have time to look into this in detail for a couple hours, but we have found a block so if anyone was worrying you can stop Smiley

I'll be fixing this issue and adding PPC to the multiport later tonight.
legendary
I bought a few block erupters a few days ago, hopefully I'll get them early next week. Then I'll be pointing an extra 2GH/s at the bitcoin pool, gotta find a block!!!

I just think it's awesome how that half a year ago it would have host me like $500 (if I used 5970's) and would have taken over 600W to get 2GH/s with GPU's, now it cost me 0.2 BTC for 6 of them and it should only take around 30W connected to an RPi. Smiley
Well first off thanks for opening PPC pool up and letting us mine there, now that said been mining 1 gh/s on it and 0 shares for over hour and 1/2. Is this going to be one of those hard ones ...> btc type grind?  Cry

Thanks

Icon

PS

Lub this pool. just what i been looking for.

PPS

How is it that on your site your show profit on PPC is higher then btc?

Coin      Hashrate     Time       Rate (/BTC)       Profitability

PPC      1018.1 GH/s    0h0m    0.001743      1.08

(MP) BTC   1232.3 GH/s    0h0m    1.000000            1.00

Interesting...

Activity: 172
Merit: 100
How does your site know which sha256 is profitable?
Your site says PPC is 1.12
Coinotron say's 1.18

Your site TRC 0.96
Coinotron 1.03

Both use the seem exchange vircurex.

flound uses an average of a bunch of different exchanges to calculate current values, so his calculations will be different than other sites that use only one exchange.
Jump to: