Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 159. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
I stopped my other cgminer, but I had it running for about 18 hours on pool1.eu (6pm Pacific to 1pm Pacific), here's the result:  (Northern California to Amsterdam). We were on Litecoin for almost half of that time, but we did mine WDC for quite a while also.  About 0.9% stales.

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
How are you getting 10%?  1667/(142216+1667) = 0.0116 or about 1.16% stales, not 10%.

Edit: Oh, you're talking about SS:.  What do you have scantime set to?  Try setting it to 30.  Also try upgrading to 3.3.1.

Also I see you're using I:20.  What happens when you decrease intensity to 13?
I'll try those settings for a while and let you know. Thank you.
www.multipool.us
How are you getting 10%?  1667/(142216+1667) = 0.0116 or about 1.16% stales, not 10%.

Edit: Oh, you're talking about SS:.  What do you have scantime set to?  Try setting it to 30.  Also try upgrading to 3.3.1.

Also I see you're using I:20.  What happens when you decrease intensity to 13?
This is my garage 2x7970 miner with 1 month uptime on pool1.us.

Efficiency: 99.39%

The speed is not as high as it could be, due to the summer weather I have it underclocked and undervolted.
How do you have so few stales? I have about 10% stale shares.

Where are you?
Northeastern US, using pool1.us. I usually see a couple of shares discarded when there's a new block, and occasionally a couple submitted and rejected with "Job not found".

What's your miner setup?
2x 7950's.

cgminer --scrypt --gpu-engine 300-1050 --gpu-memclock 1400 --auto-gpu --temp-target 78  -I 20 -g 1 -o stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777 -u bluedragon.rig1 -p xxx --no-submit-stale 2>log.txt

http://i.imgur.com/XJ2m358.png
www.multipool.us

The speed is not as high as it could be, due to the summer weather I have it underclocked and undervolted.

Where are you?
Northeastern US, using pool1.us. I usually see a couple of shares discarded when there's a new block, and occasionally a couple submitted and rejected with "Job not found".

What's your miner setup?

Where are you?
www.multipool.us
I've just run an interesting 48 hour comparison.  My mining rig runs at about 1460kh/s and I'd been dedicated mining CGB on multipool for about a week.  I was getting about a 0.05 BTC return per day return on profit snapshot.  Got a bit better when CGB went through the roof a couple of days ago.  Exactly 2 days ago I switched back to the multiport for 24 hours and my return dropped to 0.026 BTC a day.  Exactly 1 day ago I switched back to mining CGB and my return for the last 24 hours jumped back up to 0.045 BTC.

What makes this even more surprising is that the CGB exchange rate has dropped ~ 30% in the last 24 hours.  I'm getting about 2 to 3% stales exclusively mining CGB compared to up to 20% stales with the shitcoins.  LTC and NVC are about 1% stales.

Conclusion...  Too much coin switching resulting in down time and too many shit coins with high stales result in lower profitability. 

That was my problem with this pool as well.  Way to many lost shares during pool switching, disconnections almost everyday, and a massive variance in day to day payouts.  I run MultiMiner and use it to switch pools and have found it to be much more reliable in the long run than using multippol sadly.  If the disconnects and the efficiency were more predictable I'd still be mining here.

I guess I should state again that I'm willing to work directly with anyone who's having a problem with stales to help you resolve the issue..  It helps both you and the pool if I can resolve these issues and improve everyone's efficiency.

Please email me if you're having an issue with too many stales.
www.multipool.us
I've just run an interesting 48 hour comparison.  My mining rig runs at about 1460kh/s and I'd been dedicated mining CGB on multipool for about a week.  I was getting about a 0.05 BTC return per day return on profit snapshot.  Got a bit better when CGB went through the roof a couple of days ago.  Exactly 2 days ago I switched back to the multiport for 24 hours and my return dropped to 0.026 BTC a day.  Exactly 1 day ago I switched back to mining CGB and my return for the last 24 hours jumped back up to 0.045 BTC.

What makes this even more surprising is that the CGB exchange rate has dropped ~ 30% in the last 24 hours.  I'm getting about 2 to 3% stales exclusively mining CGB compared to up to 20% stales with the shitcoins.  LTC and NVC are about 1% stales.

Conclusion...  Too much coin switching resulting in down time and too many shit coins with high stales result in lower profitability. 

I think the problem is actually that we've been on LTC more the past couple days and have had relatively bad luck on it.

There's also an issue with WDC when both us and middlecoin are on it that results in getting lower profitability, but there was recently a patch to WDC that will take effect on block 600,000 that will help this.
www.multipool.us

Where are you?
www.multipool.us

That was my problem with this pool as well.  Way to many lost shares during pool switching, disconnections almost everyday, and a massive variance in day to day payouts.  I run MultiMiner and use it to switch pools and have found it to be much more reliable in the long run than using multippol sadly.  If the disconnects and the efficiency were more predictable I'd still be mining here.

Was this on US server or EU?
www.multipool.us
Yeah, I think I'm going to change the way I'm connecting clients to MySQL, the way I'm doing it doesn't seem to be very reliable.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
And now shares are getting rejected with the same error message.
CGMiner has failed over to another pool.

EDIT - Seems to be back online now.
Activity: 182
Also, the front end is showing this error:
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0
Is there something going on with MinCoin?  It was the most profitable for about half an hour last night by a wide margin, and the Multiport never switched to it.  The graph on the Multiport page is showing it stuck at 0 prof even though the table in the upper right shows a real value.
Activity: 201

eZc
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Even when this pool is way better than middlecoin I recently had issues to get more profit out of it than purely mine LTC. I'm Located in EU but EU server is very unstable/crab, and the us server has 10-20% stales over time. Can you add a individual coin switching according to every users stale rate and so mine the most profitable coin for everyone? And can you please stabilize the eu server, so it is as reliable as the us?
Activity: 134

Soliciting suggestions on what to do with the 10 million rows in the WDC confirmed rewards table.

Thinking about just dumping it.  Does anyone care about WDC block data from two months ago or more?  MNC and DGC are getting up there, too.
I frequently dig back through block reward data to get a feel for how things are working.  I doubt I have ever looked back more than 48 hours.  Dumping everything more than a week old should be fine.
I don't think I've ever looked back further than a few hundred blocks.
Jump to: