Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 171. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
I'm mining on pool2 to tryout the set difficulty.  All my miners work at 64 but show 32 under "manage wokers".  If I update the difficulty to anything else it just resets back to 32 and nothing changes on the workers.  Am I missing something?  using cgminer 2.11.3

Should be fixed now.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
I'm mining on pool2 to tryout the set difficulty.  All my miners work at 64 but show 32 under "manage wokers".  If I update the difficulty to anything else it just resets back to 32 and nothing changes on the workers.  Am I missing something?  using cgminer 2.11.3
Activity: 141
Feature request: 'Cash out all' button.

Function: cashes out every coin with an available balance to the associated payout addresses.
Activity: 165
Just mining my own business...
The pool will be down for maintenance for around an hour tomorrow night while I move some of the coin clients to a new server.  I will post here when the downtime starts.

Can you use UTC, as not all of us are in the same timezone as you. What do you mean by tomorrow night?

Since it's always night somewhere, it's like saying "back in 5 minutes" without saying from when - works well for me at work Smiley  Having said that, you can always match the timestamp of his post with the forum time in the upper right of the page to get an idea of when it was posted relative to your local time.  But your point is valid - this forum is truly an international collaboration!

Flound is a very active and pro-active admin, so it's easy for me to forgive an occasional glitch.  At the rate the pool is growing (both in breadth and in depth), he may need to bring on additional admin support to keep up!
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
The pool will be down for maintenance for around an hour tomorrow night while I move some of the coin clients to a new server.  I will post here when the downtime starts.

Can you use UTC, as not all of us are in the same timezone as you. What do you mean by tomorrow night?
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
It's not DNS it's a HTTP 500 error - (translates to "catch all the server don't work error.")

Mining is working but the website is down.

So we're mining something but who knows what?
Activity: 134
allbiznessman, I'm not panicking as it has happened before.  My miners are still happily chugging away.  I was just posting "site down" for flound in case he hadn't noticed.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
SudoSuRootDev... AKA... AllBiznessMan
site down

The website (DNS) is down, because that is where your wallet auto payments scripts etc will be linked to, but the pool is still running as of now. Now the getwork is probably down because it uses http:// but I am using stratum+tcp://

I just hope I get all of my shares. Hey, it probably has decreased the amount of workers quite a bit so I will be able to build up plenty of N shares and get paid a nice chunk when it is back up. I am sure I will get credit for all of my shares as the stratum pool script is obviously separate from the website itself. Plus I will know when I do log back on.

If the stratum multipool port stops then I will stop then and move somewhere else for then. As the pool admin I would expect them to stop all scripts and disconnect from all connections if the mining shares were not going to count.
Activity: 134
www.multipool.us
www.multipool.us
Flound would you plan to make a withdraws for novacoins after 10-20 confirmations like other nvc pools ?

The last time I lowered confirms to 120, the hot wallet ran dry for an unacceptable amount of time.  I will try lowering it slowly, but I'd rather not have to raise it again after lowering it.
www.multipool.us
How exactly do you pay your server costs with no fees...?
Donations barely cover server costs I read earlier.

Anyone know what's up with the current LKY boom? 7x as profitable as BTC!

This happens every few days when the difficulty drops.
www.multipool.us

Donations and ads pay for the servers.
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

It will not last: there only 240 blocks at lower difficulty
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

Activity: 220
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Flound would you plan to make a withdraws for novacoins after 10-20 confirmations like other nvc pools ?
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
DifficultyAverage
Hash Rate
(MH/s)
WU
(/m)
Ratio
Measured on a twin-7970 miner when it was mining either LTC, NVC or FTC.
Same coin for the whole test but I forgot to write it down.
It was done on the first day we could specify Difficulty.
I selected 64 as the best value.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
diff alters the amount of work you are being handed at a time.  If you a slower miner, you dont want to be asked the hash the senate house library so a nice low diff helps you stay frequently in touch with the pool and return work before the block is solved altogether and your work is rejected as old
WIth very fast coins it helps alot as blocks are frequent but litecoin its not such a big deal as it averages out the same

wdc  right now: 11 secs 5 secs 10 secs new blocks it seems to be saying   cgb just before I think was slower

Its not accepting my diff change right now for some reason though in theory server can set diff mid block however it likes afaik
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Can you explain in a nutshell (or link me to where it's explained) why a user would want to adjust their difficulty?
Jump to: