Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 191. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
MEC transfer finally confirmed, you should be able to withdraw now.
Hi Flound

Does your todo list include looking into enhancements of the cash out process, e.g.:
- an intermediary step after clicking to cash out, i.e. "You selected to cash out XYZ, are you sure? (yes/no)"
- for cases where the hot wallet is low / empty - perhaps a pop-up message along the lines of "Apologies for the inconvenience, but the hot wallet is still awaiting confirmations for coin XYZ. Your cash out cannot be processed at this time. Higher powers have been informed and will get back to you.." and if there is an approximate estimation of time you can give for the confirmations, that always helps.. and if you can also add an option like "Would you like your cash out to be added to the queue for processing as soon as there is sufficient availability in the hot wallet [although it is advisable that you use the Auto Threshold option]? (Yes/No)"

Yes I do want to revamp the entire cash out/payment process, just haven't had time recently.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hi Flound

Does your todo list include looking into enhancements of the cash out process, e.g.:
- an intermediary step after clicking to cash out, i.e. "You selected to cash out XYZ, are you sure? (yes/no)"
- for cases where the hot wallet is low / empty - perhaps a pop-up message along the lines of "Apologies for the inconvenience, but the hot wallet is still awaiting confirmations for coin XYZ. Your cash out cannot be processed at this time. Higher powers have been informed and will get back to you.." and if there is an approximate estimation of time you can give for the confirmations, that always helps.. and if you can also add an option like "Would you like your cash out to be added to the queue for processing as soon as there is sufficient availability in the hot wallet [although it is advisable that you use the Auto Threshold option]? (Yes/No)"

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Free Dog to good home
[2013-07-26 02:10:17] Started at [2013-07-24 23:09:00]
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Pool: stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.in:7777
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Runtime: 27 hrs : 1 mins : 16 secs
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Average hashrate: 1.0 Megahash/s
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Solved blocks: 5
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Best share difficulty: 2.38M
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Share submissions: 22883
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Accepted shares: 22822
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Rejected shares: 61
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Accepted difficulty shares: 1460608
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Rejected difficulty shares: 3904
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Reject ratio: 0.3%
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Hardware errors: 0
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Utility (accepted shares / min): 14.08/min
 [2013-07-26 02:10:17] Work Utility (diff1 shares solved / min): 919.01/min

Just a chunk of time passed.
Having fun!
Activity: 212
Merit: 100

While prices rise and fall, and there is always a risk a coin's price can crash, most of the profitability fluctuation is due to mining difficulty and not prices.
Ah, that makes sense. So it's the actual mining at a good difficulty that matters. Eases my mind. Thanks. Probably could have figured that out if I read the thread a bit. Sorry about that.
www.multipool.us
I've been using your pool for a little bit now, and it's a great idea. I've been concerned since I can't keep on top of it enough and lose profitability probably, so I give up (plus not having wallets for every coin bugs me), but what do people do to minimize that? Use APIs to auto-trade or something? Anything out there like that or should I just chill and let my meager hashing slowly raise up the random coins and cash out when they get profitable again and I hit one coin? Smiley

While prices rise and fall, and there is always a risk a coin's price can crash, most of the profitability fluctuation is due to mining difficulty and not prices.
Activity: 212
I've been using your pool for a little bit now, and it's a great idea. I've been concerned since I can't keep on top of it enough and lose profitability probably, so I give up (plus not having wallets for every coin bugs me), but what do people do to minimize that? Use APIs to auto-trade or something? Anything out there like that or should I just chill and let my meager hashing slowly raise up the random coins and cash out when they get profitable again and I hit one coin? Smiley
Activity: 182
I've found that regardless of lost efficiency due to coin hopping on this pool, it's still more efficient than monitoring coinchoose/coinwarz every few hours and manually switching.
www.multipool.us
Something wrong with web site, i see "mining FTC" for a long time, it seems like site going down 3 hours ago.

Damn janitor must tripped over a wire again..

Activity: 110
Also as for switching between coins, i think it would be nice switch only if profitability of new coin is higher for 4-5% then currently mining coin. This prevent us from often switching between coins with almost equal profit.
Activity: 110
Something wrong with web site, i see "mining FTC" for a long time, it seems like site going down 3 hours ago.
www.multipool.us
Is anyone else having trouble withdrawing MEC ?
When you click the cash out all I get is a page refresh, coins stay put.

Plz check it out
T.

Wow, I noticed the wallet was getting a little low earlier, so I sent over 2000 coins.  Looks like those have been withdrawn already so I sent over another 4000.  You should be able to withdraw soon.

Thanks, that has resolved it!

BTW love your pool, and the work that you have put into it.  Have been with you for few months and I appreciate all the improvements you've made in terms of coin support and improved connectivity. 
Used to pool jump all day long, but its crazy how many scamming pools are out there...
Nowdays I use your pool pretty much exclusively apart for few drop outs you experience once in a while.
Keep up the good work and I'm going to up the donation %
Thx again
T.

Thank you!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Is anyone else having trouble withdrawing MEC ?
When you click the cash out all I get is a page refresh, coins stay put.

Plz check it out
T.

Wow, I noticed the wallet was getting a little low earlier, so I sent over 2000 coins.  Looks like those have been withdrawn already so I sent over another 4000.  You should be able to withdraw soon.

Thanks, that has resolved it!

BTW love your pool, and the work that you have put into it.  Have been with you for few months and I appreciate all the improvements you've made in terms of coin support and improved connectivity. 
Used to pool jump all day long, but its crazy how many scamming pools are out there...
Nowdays I use your pool pretty much exclusively apart for few drop outs you experience once in a while.
Keep up the good work and I'm going to up the donation %
Thx again
T.
Activity: 231
As far as switching without a stratum disconnect, I'm pretty sure it'd be possible, but you'd have to rewrite the stratum server to connect to all the different coin daemons, reinitialize work, etc.  I've done some thinking around it and I believe it'd be doable, but it's a fairly large project and would require someone with better Python skills than I.

Maybe as a long term goal. It should make switching coins not much more expensive than switching blocks and those of us who have stability problems (CGMiner sometimes crashes on stratum disconnect on some computers) would benefit greatly from it.

On the other hand, if we wait too long to switch then my inbox would be flooded with emails "DGC is 5% more proftiable why aren't we mining it???!"

Smiley

I don't have a single doubt that this will be a side effect. Grin
www.multipool.us
www.multipool.us
My point is, independently of how many time has been spent mining the current coin, switching to a coin with swift difficulty adjustments might not make sense if that coin is only 1 % more profitable than the current one

On the other hand, if we wait too long to switch then my inbox would be flooded with emails "DGC is 5% more proftiable why aren't we mining it???!"

Smiley
www.multipool.us
Besides switching being kinda the point of the pool, the pool is configured not to switch unless the profitability of the other currency exceeds the profitability of the coin being mined by 1%.  The pool will also stay on most coins for at least 10 minutes to prevent hopping too fast.  (exceptions are MNC, LKY and ARG.)
For example, if it just switched to coin A (profitability 2.0) and suddenly coin B gets profitability 10.0, will it still wait the full 10 minutes before switching?
Yes.  I may need to tweak this now that there are other coin switching services gaining popularity.
If we lose 0.5% efficiency over 10 minutes by switching coins, that's 3 wasted seconds. For example, we're currently mining coin A (profitability 2.0) and coin B reached profitability 2.02. Thus, coin B is 1 % more profitable than coin A and we'd have to mine coin B for at least 3 / 0.01 = 300 seconds to make up for the 3 seconds lost due to switching coins.

Therefore, I think that rather than observing how much time has been spent mining the current coin, the pool should estimate how much time it will spend mining the one it's switching to (which might be hard).

My point is, independently of how many time has been spent mining the current coin, switching to a coin with swift difficulty adjustments might not make sense if that coin is only 1 % more profitable than the current one, while switching to LTC/NVC/FTC almost always makes sense while it's the most profitable one.

Speaking of switching: Do you think it would be possible to switch coins without forcing a stratum disconnect? My (limited) knowledge about how the stratum protocol works suggests that all it takes to switch coins is announcing a new block and a new difficulty.

All good points.  I agree especially with your second point and I am continually improving the switching algorithm.

As far as switching without a stratum disconnect, I'm pretty sure it'd be possible, but you'd have to rewrite the stratum server to connect to all the different coin daemons, reinitialize work, etc.  I've done some thinking around it and I believe it'd be doable, but it's a fairly large project and would require someone with better Python skills than I.
Activity: 231
Besides switching being kinda the point of the pool, the pool is configured not to switch unless the profitability of the other currency exceeds the profitability of the coin being mined by 1%.  The pool will also stay on most coins for at least 10 minutes to prevent hopping too fast.  (exceptions are MNC, LKY and ARG.)
For example, if it just switched to coin A (profitability 2.0) and suddenly coin B gets profitability 10.0, will it still wait the full 10 minutes before switching?
Yes.  I may need to tweak this now that there are other coin switching services gaining popularity.
If we lose 0.5% efficiency over 10 minutes by switching coins, that's 3 wasted seconds. For example, we're currently mining coin A (profitability 2.0) and coin B reached profitability 2.02. Thus, coin B is 1 % more profitable than coin A and we'd have to mine coin B for at least 3 / 0.01 = 300 seconds to make up for the 3 seconds lost due to switching coins.

Therefore, I think that rather than observing how much time has been spent mining the current coin, the pool should estimate how much time it will spend mining the one it's switching to (which might be hard).

My point is, independently of how many time has been spent mining the current coin, switching to a coin with swift difficulty adjustments might not make sense if that coin is only 1 % more profitable than the current one, while switching to LTC/NVC/FTC almost always makes sense while it's the most profitable one.

Speaking of switching: Do you think it would be possible to switch coins without forcing a stratum disconnect? My (limited) knowledge about how the stratum protocol works suggests that all it takes to switch coins is announcing a new block and a new difficulty.
www.multipool.us
I will be moving the EU pools to a different server tonight to address some of the reliability issues.  For now I am increasing the share difficulty to 64 to help lower the load a bit.

Was the difficulty increased on all coins, even on the US server?

It is stated on the website newsbar that it was increased on all servers.

You're right, look at that. I used to keep an eye on the newsbar but Flound had stopped updating it for a while.

With such a high difficulty, it's pretty much useless to mine using a CPU or slow GPU. Hopefully user selectable difficulty per worker will be available soon.

If I could set my own difficulty how would I decide what value to use?

I'll have a chart up on the help page to help you decide.
Thanks. Let me ask another way.
If I have a fast GPU, e.g. 5970s and 7970s, am I hurt by having the difficulty too low?

Generally, no.  Having the difficulty too low causes higher load on the server, and more network traffic.  But it shouldn't hurt anything on your end.
www.multipool.us
We lose about 0.5% efficiency over 10 minutes by switching coins.  Besides switching being kinda the point of the pool, the pool is configured not to switch unless the profitability of the other currency exceeds the profitability of the coin being mined by 1%.  The pool will also stay on most coins for at least 10 minutes to prevent hopping too fast.  (exceptions are MNC, LKY and ARG.)

Does the minimum time that take the profitability ratio into account?

Yes.  I may need to tweak this now that there are other coin switching services gaining popularity.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
I will be moving the EU pools to a different server tonight to address some of the reliability issues.  For now I am increasing the share difficulty to 64 to help lower the load a bit.

Was the difficulty increased on all coins, even on the US server?

It is stated on the website newsbar that it was increased on all servers.

You're right, look at that. I used to keep an eye on the newsbar but Flound had stopped updating it for a while.

With such a high difficulty, it's pretty much useless to mine using a CPU or slow GPU. Hopefully user selectable difficulty per worker will be available soon.

If I could set my own difficulty how would I decide what value to use?

I'll have a chart up on the help page to help you decide.
Thanks. Let me ask another way.
If I have a fast GPU, e.g. 5970s and 7970s, am I hurt by having the difficulty too low?
Jump to: