Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 33. (Read 424232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
"...the cavalier attitude of multipool.us towards its customers surprises me."

Honestly I do not think flound is being cavalier. I bet he's shittin' bricks, sweatin' bullets and working frantically to get everything back up.

been there. done that. pay is good, hours suck. @flounder - no worries, communicate please.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
if 50 grand in coins a day isnt worth worrying about can i have some of your money? Smiley
idk the real numbers, but its alot of money ppl lose when pools go down out of the blue

such truth. very coin. much rich. WOW  !

switch ?

i already did, from my phone, teamviewer for the win  Grin
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
"...the cavalier attitude of multipool.us towards its customers surprises me."

Honestly I do not think flound is being cavalier. I bet he's shittin' bricks, sweatin' bullets and working frantically to get everything back up.

As I understand it if cgMiner says accepted it's because the MP database got the data.
legendary
ex uno plures
if 50 grand in coins a day isnt worth worrying about can i have some of your money? Smiley
idk the real numbers, but its alot of money ppl lose when pools go down out of the blue

such truth. very coin. much rich. WOW  !

switch ?

Activity: 910
Merit: 501
So the website says its down but pools are up.  Nope, I can't get a single port to connect.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
dfgfdgfdg
One more thing, while you're in cgMiner press P and it'll list your pools and their status.

At this moment all 3 of the SHA-256 8888 ports are alive and all 3 scrypt 7777 ports are dead.

These things happen, it'll pass, but have a backup for safety.
Sometimes something happens that requires the coin client to be updated and its blockchain re-downloaded.
You mean like a filesystem crash ?

No, it's something to do with the coin itself. I don't know the details but it happens at the exchanges too and they're hands are tied until they have the latest client aka wallet installed and the blockchain up to date which sometimes means starting over.

I'm not saying I know what's wrong, just saying there's several possibilities and many of us have mined right through them.

My miners are running just fine on both scrypt and SHA MultiPorts and if cgMiner says my shares are being accepted then I know that I will be paid all I'm owed.

Thanks for the clarification Aurum. No worries. One thing leads to another though … for example, just because our miners are reporting accepted shares and receiving new work doesn't mean the multipool.us database server is working right.

Really there isn't enough at stake here to stress about things but the cavalier attitude of multipool.us towards its customers surprises me.

legendary
ex uno plures
Sometimes something happens that requires the coin client to be updated and its blockchain re-downloaded.

No, it's something to do with the coin itself. I don't know the details but it happens at the exchanges too and they're hands are tied until they have the latest client aka wallet installed and the blockchain up to date which sometimes means starting over.

I'm not saying I know what's wrong, just saying there's several possibilities and many of us have mined right through them.

My miners are running just fine on both scrypt and SHA MultiPorts and if cgMiner says my shares are being accepted then I know that I will be paid all I'm owed.

Thanks for the clarification Aurum. No worries. One thing leads to another though … for example, just because our miners are reporting accepted shares and receiving new work doesn't mean the multipool.us database server is working right.

Really there isn't enough at stake here to stress about things but the cavalier attitude of multipool.us towards its customers surprises me.
oh multipools down again? cool, let me switch my 15 computers.
DAMNIT!
dfgfdgfdg
this is my first few days with multipool - i was loving it.

i am, like most others, pretty frustrated over this. at least update the message on the site. at this time a few now means few days. i havent even seen the site today, but im still hashing. no payouts here either.

site owner should speak up. - even though its obvious the site is hosed- human nature really needs some reassurance, after all we are trusting the guy with our resources.   additionally, site owner silence, coupled with my adhd will take me elsewhere shortly, even though ive enjoyed multipool, "aint nobody got time fer dat"  --illustrated by previous posts... im too afraid to search back the thread for similar incidents.. so ill just chill for a short time more before moving on...

i started seeing the message last night a few times, but it was gone before too long.
peace

I've never had a problem that didn't get worked out. Even when payouts stop they resume and sometimes it's a big payout to catch up. Not sure what's up. I know flound is upgrading the web site but that has nothing to do with our hashing data going into the database and being credited. Believe what cgMiner says it's doing. The worst thing that's happened is ending up on the wrong fork and it gets orphaned and you loose that work. Happens to every miner eventually regardless of where you go.

I've been mining in this pool since April and flound has made a lot of progress and has plans for more. If you do go exploring other pools check back in soon and you'll be glad you did.
im a new miner, and dont think im out of my right to ask

unfortunately i just got home and my cards werent up to temp and they had moved onto a secondary pool.   i monitored and tried for 5-10 minutes but stratum is DOWN.

Yes, ask away. If you're new do you know about failover pools Huh
You should always have them and cgMiner will automatically failover to them. I just checked when I saw your post and sure enough all 3 of the scrypt ports report dead and I've failed over to a backup pool. In your config file setup your preferences like this:

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://us-west.multipool.us:7777",
      "MultiPool" : " Scrypt MultiPort ",
      "user" : "Aurum.GPU",
      "pass" : "pw"
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777",
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:7777",
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://de1.miningpool.co:9203",
      "Mining Co Pool" : " FastCoin (FST) ",
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://au1.miningpool.co:9203",
      "Mining Co Pool" : " StableCoin (SBC) ",
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:3334",
      "WeMineLTC Pool" : " LiteCoin (LTC) ",
   }
],
"failover-only" : true,
"include" : "Configuration_Miner_Aurum.conf"
}

I split my cgMiner setup into 3 parts: a bat file to launch it with a shortcut placed in the StartUp folder, a Scrypt_Pools.conf, and a Miner.conf for hardware specific parameters.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100

my miners are stuck "connecting"... they were still working away as long as half hour ago, and it looked like shares were being accepted etc.. not anymore...
Activity: 47
did the stratum just go down?

At least seems so on us servers.. what about eu side?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

yes, half hour ago and still down
Activity: 63
dfgfdgfdg

Activity: 84
this is my first few days with multipool - i was loving it.

i am, like most others, pretty frustrated over this. at least update the message on the site. at this time a few now means few days. i havent even seen the site today, but im still hashing. no payouts here either.

site owner should speak up. - even though its obvious the site is hosed- human nature really needs some reassurance, after all we are trusting the guy with our resources.   additionally, site owner silence, coupled with my adhd will take me elsewhere shortly, even though ive enjoyed multipool, "aint nobody got time fer dat"  --illustrated by previous posts... im too afraid to search back the thread for similar incidents.. so ill just chill for a short time more before moving on...

i started seeing the message last night a few times, but it was gone before too long.
peace

I've never had a problem that didn't get worked out. Even when payouts stop they resume and sometimes it's a big payout to catch up. Not sure what's up. I know flound is upgrading the web site but that has nothing to do with our hashing data going into the database and being credited. Believe what cgMiner says it's doing. The worst thing that's happened is ending up on the wrong fork and it gets orphaned and you loose that work. Happens to every miner eventually regardless of where you go.

I've been mining in this pool since April and flound has made a lot of progress and has plans for more. If you do go exploring other pools check back in soon and you'll be glad you did.

nice.  im a new miner, and dont think im out of my right to ask wtf is happening. i do know admins work hard, i used to run a top 500 rated alexa site, and i know that it takes your life.

to the user that was trippin out asking what i like about it, love about it, i liked the way the site was set up, the charts, and that they at least provide basic stat, more than some do from my small venture.  additionally i like the multi feature, the first time ive used a site of this type.

unfortunately i just got home and my cards werent up to temp and they had moved onto a secondary pool.   i monitored and tried for 5-10 minutes but stratum is DOWN.

we will have to just wait and see what happens..... kinda like waiting for water to boil... except you basically know how long that will take.

i agree with s1gs3gv, we are well within our rights to simply ask whats happening, and its unprofessional to go this long with no update to the users. theres no dis in saying that, just simple truth.

peace
legendary
ex uno plures
I'm not sure I'm in the right place.

This IS the official multipool.us support thread, right ?
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
i'm watching what's happening with multipool and i'm torn...

on one hand, i'd much rather have the admins spend their time fixing whatever is wrong instead of hanging out on the forums answering questions...

on the other hand, it has been down long enough where something should've been said, or at the very least - the message on the site should've been updated...

the more time goes by with the main site down, the more i'm starting to lean towards the latter...
Activity: 14
whats a good alternative to multipool?

middlecoin or hash cow.. I prefer middlecoin. But my rigs work fine. I don't swap.
Pages:
Jump to: