Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 49. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
looks like scrypt came back up... at least i can mine some doge.  Roll Eyes

*switched to normal ppc server and it's connected again.*

250-hour ppc block party over heeeeere
Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
i had to set the west as failover, but i think i need to make west primary and east failover
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
miners appear to still be hashing away unless your connected to the east port. the east server is completely down

Everything seems down now for me. I was on multiport for scrypt and ppc to see if it eventually cashes out so i didnt waste a week. i have 0's across the board right now for hashrates. I am at work so i dont know what my miners are saying.
Everything seems down now for me. I was on multiport for scrypt and ppc to see if it eventually cashes out so i didnt waste a week. i have 0's across the board right now for hashrates. I am at work so i dont know what my miners are saying.
..... read the post above your's... clearly there are problems
stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777
i cant login,15/01/2014
anyone has the same problem ?

Activity: 9
stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777
i cant login,15/01/2014
anyone has the same problem ?
uh.... i've been mining for 3 hours now and after my auto payout my unconfirmed stopped showing up...... i've restarted my miner now and i still have the same issue. Can someone please tell me why or whats up. still says unconfirmed 1,671.54803181 that was one block. either im wasting all of my mhash on this or the sites lagging

found out why. multipool east is down. west is still up
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Hi,

When mining on the SHA mulitport and the coin is BTC, I am getting 20% rejects !!!

I have tried this both on us-east and eu servers.

I know p2pool gives more rejects, but is this within the norm ? is anybody else seeing this ?

Regards

That's about normal for p2pool.

M
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Hi,

When mining on the SHA mulitport and the coin is BTC, I am getting 20% rejects !!!

I have tried this both on us-east and eu servers.

I know p2pool gives more rejects, but is this within the norm ? is anybody else seeing this ?

Regards
legendary
A few questions for the admin of Multipool.  Does it normally take 79+ hours to find a block of LTC and did you realise the majority of DMD blocks(18/30) are orphan?  I see no sign on any news to correct these issues in the news feed.

OK it is still (18/30) orphans on a regular basis on DMD and LTC is still on the same block for 98+ hours now and still no sign of the admin in his own support thread, wow just wow.  So glad I stopped using this unreliable pool.  Good luck to anyone who uses it, you will need it.

If you are using the direct port for those coins, then you aren't with the majority of the miners on the pool.  That means there is significantly less hashpower there, which means it'll take much longer to solve a block.  That means huge variance. 

The scrypt multiport works great.  I wouldn't use the direct ports unless you can tolerate the variance or you have the hashpower to essentially solomine.

M
legendary
I was really rooting for flound. He seems really into the community usually. 227 hours now. This research you speak of? Got a better recommendation? d7 seems to do about a half ppc a day per 10ghs. I have gotten lucky before using multipool and pulled quite a bit of ppc. It just seems like something is going wrong with no blocks found for 227 hours. Flound, could you look into this please?

I use BTCGuild for my SHA hash power.  Pure BTC mining for me.  Reliable, admin responds, and regularly gives info.  It's one of the largest BTC pools for a reason.

I've posted earlier why I only use scrypt on multipool.

M
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
A few questions for the admin of Multipool.  Does it normally take 79+ hours to find a block of LTC and did you realise the majority of DMD blocks(18/30) are orphan?  I see no sign on any news to correct these issues in the news feed.

OK it is still (18/30) orphans on a regular basis on DMD and LTC is still on the same block for 98+ hours now and still no sign of the admin in his own support thread, wow just wow.  So glad I stopped using this unreliable pool.  Good luck to anyone who uses it, you will need it.
I was really rooting for flound. He seems really into the community usually. 227 hours now. This research you speak of? Got a better recommendation? d7 seems to do about a half ppc a day per 10ghs. I have gotten lucky before using multipool and pulled quite a bit of ppc. It just seems like something is going wrong with no blocks found for 227 hours. Flound, could you look into this please?
legendary
What does all this mean?! LOUD NOISES!!!

It means do your research before you point your SHA hashrates at multipool.

M

What does all this mean?! LOUD NOISES!!!
legendary
We're on the P2Pool.

Welcome to reality folks.
...some of us said ASIC would destroy BTC mining, and you all laughed. Said it would prevent that dreaded "51% Attack"

I looked at p2pool stats earlier today.  Share difficulty is about 800k or so.  That means to get a piece of the next p2pool block, you need to submit a share > 800k within the time period p2pool keeps for pplns (I think is 3 days, but not sure).

Small (< 100gh/s?) miners beware.

M
Activity: 12
I don't think I would be alone then if there are no other options (there is always an option) to mine for example PPC at 0.97 profitability....
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
...The Shadow knows.
We're on the P2Pool.

Welcome to reality folks.
...some of us said ASIC would destroy BTC mining, and you all laughed. Said it would prevent that dreaded "51% Attack"
Activity: 12
Can the removal of BTC from multipool.us be considered?

The switching speed of the pool doesn't coalesce well with the overall concept because of the overall low hashrate (compared to other pools), and the overall low amount of time that hashrate contributes to directly mining BTC.

The outcome of this is invariably 48h+ mining that achieves no return whatsoever, and a switch is made to an altcoin.

The only way a small(er) pool will be successful in mining BTC is with a dedicated and ongoing hashrate. This quite simply is not a realistic expectation from a profit-switching mining pool.

Rather than removal...is there "another way"...^^^ see above.
Is there anyway we can re-direct our hashing power to another pool for a "guaranteed" return...I am not technical, however, I would imagine there must be an option of some sort??

Hopefully Flound has that "other way"??
Activity: 15
Can the removal of BTC from multipool.us be considered?

The switching speed of the pool doesn't coalesce well with the overall concept because of the overall low hashrate (compared to other pools), and the overall low amount of time that hashrate contributes to directly mining BTC.

The outcome of this is invariably 48h+ mining that achieves no return whatsoever, and a switch is made to an altcoin.

The only way a small(er) pool will be successful in mining BTC is with a dedicated and ongoing hashrate. This quite simply is not a realistic expectation from a profit-switching mining pool.
Pages:
Jump to: