Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy - page 17. (Read 78590 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 8
https://nibirupool.com
So I am having a weird issue. The pool I am using is saying I have been paid x amount, but my wallet is not showing the same thing. Yes I do have the upgraded wallet and have had no issues since overwinter got implemented. Any ideas on what the issue might be? I did notice the difficulty drop dramatically yesterday. So wondering if that had anything to do with my issue.
You should visit Votecoin explorer, pasting your txid of these transactions or your receiving address to check what's really happened.
Let's check it first, then come back to ask if you can not find answers for your issues.

I did visit the explorer and there is still a difference in the amount I have been paid and the amount in my wallet.

Explorer always shows true, ask your pool support.

If explorer and pool show different amount - pool admin must be contacted.

And just for clarify - explorer and wallet show the same?
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
So I am having a weird issue. The pool I am using is saying I have been paid x amount, but my wallet is not showing the same thing. Yes I do have the upgraded wallet and have had no issues since overwinter got implemented. Any ideas on what the issue might be? I did notice the difficulty drop dramatically yesterday. So wondering if that had anything to do with my issue.
You should visit Votecoin explorer, pasting your txid of these transactions or your receiving address to check what's really happened.
Let's check it first, then come back to ask if you can not find answers for your issues.

I did visit the explorer and there is still a difference in the amount I have been paid and the amount in my wallet.

It is possible that you have some inconsistency in wallet cache.
In your wallet, go to Settings and click Cleanup button. It will reread all data from blockchain. Lets see if that fixes your issue.
-Tom

So I did what you suggested and still no luck.
Activity: 265
Merit: 105

It is possible that you have some inconsistency in wallet cache.
In your wallet, go to Settings and click Cleanup button. It will reread all data from blockchain. Lets see if that fixes your issue.
-Tom
Activity: 38
I got in this plan. I am interested to see how the developers realize the idea!
 Good luck team!

Activity: 539
Merit: 251
Attention Z-NOMP pool owners
If you are running VoteCoin pool based on Z-NOMP, your pool will not be able to mine new blocks until you patch it to support the latest overwinter transaction format.
The patch can be found here:
https://github.com/karel-3d/bitcoinjs-lib/pull/3/files
it applies to the following file:
Code:
./z-nomp/node_modules/bitcoinjs-lib-zcash/src/transaction.js

After you patch it, you need to make one more change.
Find file
Code:
./z-nomp/node_modules/stratum-pool/lib/transactions.js
In this file, find the following line:
Code:
var tx = new bitcoin.Transaction(); 
Add this line after:
Code:
tx.setOverwinter();

If your pool supports multiple coins, you will need to call tx.setOverwinter() only for VoteCoin (and Zcash) coins. Since we do not run multiple coins, I didn't search for proper solution for multicoin setup. At least you have a starting point here. Hope it helps.
-Tom

Works like a charm!
Thank you very much for this great detailed solution !
Pool back online and first block is already a fact
Attention Z-NOMP pool owners
If you are running VoteCoin pool based on Z-NOMP, your pool will not be able to mine new blocks until you patch it to support the latest overwinter transaction format.
The patch can be found here:
https://github.com/karel-3d/bitcoinjs-lib/pull/3/files
it applies to the following file:
Code:
./z-nomp/node_modules/bitcoinjs-lib-zcash/src/transaction.js

After you patch it, you need to make one more change.
Find file
Code:
./z-nomp/node_modules/stratum-pool/lib/transactions.js
In this file, find the following line:
Code:
var tx = new bitcoin.Transaction(); 
Add this line after:
Code:
tx.setOverwinter();

If your pool supports multiple coins, you will need to call tx.setOverwinter() only for VoteCoin (and Zcash) coins. Since we do not run multiple coins, I didn't search for proper solution for multicoin setup. At least you have a starting point here. Hope it helps.
-Tom
VoteCoin activated overwinter (new protocol) after block 179999.
This new Protocol will prevent ASICs? Or will it have no effect on them?

As of now there are no changes regarding ASICs.
Activity: 52

This new Protocol will prevent ASICs? Or will it have no effect on them?
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
The application scenario of VoteCoin is very rich. This coin project is expected to be applied quickly in the future, and the majority of investors can continue to hold it firmly.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
An interesting situation. If all the pools and solo miners stopped mining, then who continues to successfully generate new blocks?
https://explorer.votecoin.site/address/t1KTpA7KGHLDghExxotT8r4eoN2qEadQETL
It is mined by http://luckpool.org

Thank you. I refrain from commenting. I just do not have the right words..
An interesting situation. If all the pools and solo miners stopped mining, then who continues to successfully generate new blocks?
It is mined by http://luckpool.org
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Activity: 539
Merit: 251
2018-07-07 08:01:36 ERROR: ContextualCheckTransaction: overwinter is active
2018-07-07 08:01:36 ERROR: ProcessNewBlock: AcceptBlock FAILED
2018-07-07 08:01:36 ERROR: ReadBlockFromDisk: OpenBlockFile failed for CBlockDiskPos(nFile=-1, nPos=0)

What does this actually mean ?
Can't mine any blocks at this moment : (
Activity: 7
Wish a lot of investor maintenance your business when Token Sales will begin.
When this happened, most mining pools (including the official pool) stopped working.
For some reason the most commonly used pool software (z-nomp) creates blocks which are refused by the network.
In my opinion it is necessary to patch the z-nomp software for the overwinter update, unfortunately I didn't find anything useful yet.
If you have any suggestions, please be so kind and share them here.
Thank you very much
-Tom
Activity: 52
The hashrate/difficulty of the network is now really so?

Network Hash/s: 100.67 KSol/s
Difficulty: 42512.6379221602

At the same time the official displays hashrate pool:
Votecoin Official  407.62 KSol/s
Activity: 6
I keep getting this error (even after I thought I updated my node), "Your client is out of date and incompatible with the Overwinter network upgrade. Please update to a recent version of Zcash (1.1.0 or later)." 

votecoin-cli --version
VoteCoin RPC client version v1.1.1-91a9776b

What the hell am I doing wrong??lol  The update steps didn't seem that difficult.

Thanks
Activity: 82
pollexplorer.votecoin.site does not display address balance
we're doing resync, 61% complete at the moment, please be patient

Edit:
sync is done, http://pollexplorer.votecoin.site should work fine now

Everythin just fine, thank you!
Pages:
Jump to: