Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy - page 20. (Read 78590 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 10
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
Hey Tom,

Are you making a change in the algo to boot off the ASICs?

Not sure about it now. We will adopt all Zcash changes (if any) for VoteCoin, so basically it depends what Zcash does.
From my point of view, asic resistance brings no benefit to VoteCoin at this moment, but if Zcash implements it, we will backport it too, to stay as close to zcash core as possible.
-Tom

Hi Tom,

As always, I love your work and I have invested a lot into buying the coin. But now I am somewhat disappointed to see this to say the least.

A short reason ASICs are terrible:

Mining hardware cost is about residual value, not initial cost. The "price" of the equipment is irrelevant. The "price drop" over time is the actual cost. GPU Rigs are worth 60% of their original value in one year. ASICs are worth 5% in one year. So on average the ASIC hardware is depreciating 12x faster than a GPU mining rig. Since most of the ASIC buyers get their ASICs very late, it is even worse for them. So this forces them to "Mine-N-Dump", meaning they keep dumping whatever they mine just trying to money back that they paid for the ASIC equipment first. That ever happens because typically the equipment starts making $5/day per $1000 worth of ASIC and quickly drops to $0/day (remember X11? same is going to happen to A9 and Z9 buyers, except for the YouTube celebrities who get their ASICs 3 months before others to put up video ads). While the ASIC buyers never pay off their equipment, their Mine-N-Dump process (selling every altcoin the mine the same day) continuously lowers the price of the coin. Do the math, even if 10% of those who mined VOT dumped it on an exchange the same day, the price would go down to zero in a week and people stop mining which will in turn kill the coin or make it so easy for someone to do a 51% attack and drain large accounts out of their coins.

Look at this list, you see the ASICs that say they ROI in say 100 days? Thats utterly incorrect because the calculation assumes a flat income on a daily basis while the income quickly drops on the ASIC miner which is logically accurate too because if it was profitable then Bitmain was not STUPID to ship it out, they would just continue to mine with it. https://www.asicminervalue.com/opportunities

So that is why we need the ASICs out of this project or you will watch the price of VOT dwindle down to zero which hurts some of us who bought VOT with actual FIAT money.  

Again, I love your project, you have the only VOTING system in the whole Equihash verse.

I just wish you had a mobile app or would do a fork of Bitpay Android app so I could watch the mined coins come to my phone instead of an exchange or my home computer that I never turn on.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
EVOS
All this is certainly good and very happy. But I think all would be well if the coin to add to what some of the new exchange. I think at times would have increased the volume and also there would be an influx of new users and supporters of the project.  Smiley
Activity: 143
Merit: 8
https://nibirupool.com
Bitmain now controls ~50% of mined coins

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@nastypaperclip/more-than-50-of-the-blocks-in-zcash-produce-only-three-addresses

It's not a good idea to stick with zcash. Many zcash forks already switched to  Zhash  algo, I believe VoteCoin also should take a look to it.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Hey Tom,

Not sure about it now. We will adopt all Zcash changes (if any) for VoteCoin, so basically it depends what Zcash does.
From my point of view, asic resistance brings no benefit to VoteCoin at this moment, but if Zcash implements it, we will backport it too, to stay as close to zcash core as possible.
-Tom
I have to be honest on your idea and tottaly disagree with your concept to be very close to zcash core,
It dosent make sense to be super close to zcash that's why you started your own coin I guess.
If miners have to mine a clone of zcash why they should do it?
Zcash is more profitable in terms to hit the ROI with fiat currency.
The community of votecoin is doing nothing to prevent asic or neither support it and that's is awful people should take care of a good project and don't let it to speculators.
Asic is a progress to mining but still a regress to people power to mine a coin.
Now is your turn to make the right progress.
Activity: 265
Merit: 105
Hey Tom,

-Tom
Hey Tom,

Activity: 34
Equihash CryptoMena Mining Pools

http://znomp.cryptomena.io

Why mine with us?
We are miners from the middle east, eu server is currently up while middle east node is being worked on, low latency, great hashrate, low fees and better income

Mining Pools:-

Votecoin [VOT]
More to be added.

Connect your rigs here:-
stratum+tcp://znomp.cryptomena.io:3072

Configuration Eg:-
--server znomp.cryptomena.io --port 3072 --user t1MfJT76WH56snnWazNtUcPUb5WqBuDqWts.$rigName --pass x

Discord Channel for Support & Qs:-
https://discord.gg/DS3NNEa

Activity: 296
VoteCoin is a decentralized anonymous platform for elections and other voting purposes, based on Zerocoin protocol. It can simplify public polls, surveys and crowd funding campaigns and create their process more flexible and easily trackable.  This new digital currency can strengthen democracy and help people to reach their goals.
Activity: 10

Why mine with us?
Clean, user friendly UI | Low Payout Limits | US & Europe Servers | Low Fees starting at 0.1% (See our fee schedule below) | PPLNT Share System | TLS Support | Discord support | Mobile friendly | API access

Mining Pools

Zelcash [ZEL]
SnowGem [XSG]
Votecoin [VOT]

Click "Connection Information" to get started!

Voidr Discord
Activity: 53
Merit: 1
Greetings, devs. I wish the project advance.
Activity: 52
Hello, Team!

On the page http://explorer.votecoin.site/blocks the button "Old blocks from this date" does not work. For example, I press it:
https://d.radikal.ru/d33/1806/24/019003955d54.png
but nothing changes, the last block in the list is still 166246. Click to go to the previous date and there the last displayed block is165861:
https://d.radikal.ru/d32/1806/69/ffcb8097853f.png

Could you fix this, please?
Activity: 109
Merit: 11
Hi, everybody.
My wallet doesn't want to be synchronized.
In what a problem and how to solve?

Hi Discord is really helpful, please post in the help section there, please check the zknarks folder in the resources/app folder to see if the proving keys are in there.

Activity: 82
Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing the initial version of the voting platform. You guys could be onto something huge here and it's flying under the radar big time.

Hm, but it is already there! Smiley

check it out:

https://votecoin.bet/football/wc2018/wcindex.html
Activity: 84
Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing the initial version of the voting platform. You guys could be onto something huge here and it's flying under the radar big time.
Activity: 91
Well, Great to see the coin is moving ahead, we will definately see more progress  in price with all announced features  being released!
I just did the math on tradesatoshi and realized a 1 BTC buy order will push this up to 480 Satoshis on tradesatoshi!!!

Thats the beauty of not being on a lot of exchanges.
So like I said BTCz is implementing the first ASIC resistance protocol.  It's open source. They have already gone from 25 Sat to 34 Sat on tradesatoshi.

Tom, this is huge for Equihash! Dont let this project get ru. Over by Jihan Wu and his Z9 farms! Boot them out!

This is when we need you the most!
if there is a way to get your money from yobit back do it. If not, be happy that your honest project didn't made it to yobit.
I have seen it to often that last months what yobit does to coins that get listed there. The incredible pumd and dumps are not good for a project like this i think.

Try it on cryptohub maybe? Its small right know and free listing i think. No crazy pump and dumps by yobit's selfmade bots.

This is a great project with unique ability to vote. Something many just promise but this has delivered within the blockchain.

The marketcap for this coin is also crazy low.

BitcoinZ just released their ASIC resistant Zhash algorithm so Thomas is probably going to adopt that and once that is done I will cut off the darn Z9 asics and we should see some nice growth.

I can't believe the marketcap on a great project such as this is less than $1M THESE ARE GOLDEN TIMES.
Activity: 4
if there is a way to get your money from yobit back do it. If not, be happy that your honest project didn't made it to yobit.
I have seen it to often that last months what yobit does to coins that get listed there. The incredible pumd and dumps are not good for a project like this i think.

Try it on cryptohub maybe? Its small right know and free listing i think. No crazy pump and dumps by yobit's selfmade bots.
Pages:
Jump to: