Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy - page 22. (Read 78590 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Wai a little bit, So when new exchange? TS is quite awful one.

VoteCoin is currently listed at TradeSatoshi and Crex24.

What is the progress with the application on binance?
Activity: 265
Merit: 105

VoteCoin is currently listed at TradeSatoshi and Crex24.

votecoin.site, could you add poll timers to the site pollexplorer.votecoin.site, to know as relevant still the vote or not? While this can be viewed only in the wallet, what is not always convenient.
Timer has been added to pollexplorer.votecoin.site

Iss VoteCoin list on yobit?
We paid for the listing and nothing happened. So VoteCoin is not listed at yobit.

-Tom
Activity: 28
Iss VoteCoin list on yobit?
Activity: 3
Where to find the wallet.dat in the VoteCoin Wallet v1.0.0-rc1?
Or how to make backup of my wallet with shielded addresses?
Activity: 31
Activity: 82
votecoin.site, could you add poll timers to the site pollexplorer.votecoin.site, to know as relevant still the vote or not? While this can be viewed only in the wallet, what is not always convenient.

We have done just now! Smiley

http://i.piccy.info/i9/392deb52301664bee03e076984ce5610/1526416791/2566/1244501/bitc_240.jpghttp://i.piccy.info/a3/2018-05-15-20-39/i9-12334060/240x72-r/i.gif

Guys, here you can find all active bets for hockey
https://votecoin.bet/hockey/iihf.html

All football WC2018 option can be found here:
https://votecoin.bet/football/wc2018/wcindex.html

with a timer.

also, every option contains address for this option as well as total bets at the moment. So you can just copy an address and bet your coin even from exchange or from cli. even after bets are closed, yes Smiley

But let's be honest and do not bet after game starts, we wil not refund this coins!

Goood luck to everyone!
Votecoin.bet team
Activity: 52
Activity: 143
Merit: 8
https://nibirupool.com
If you wanna receive donation from community for another one exchange there is no way.
Thank you for quoting me from telegram. Please do not spam the thread.

If you wanna discuss some options with dev, go ahead and post your suggestion here.

There is no official dev team in telegram and we just tired with a lot of request "give me the money, I'll do the promotion".

Thank you for understanding.
Activity: 109
Merit: 11
Hi Everyone, Have made a new video on how to set up polls! Hope you enjoy and share with anyone it may help.

Votecoin - How to make polls, bets, crowdfunds etc https://youtu.be/q-5FZjwHqg4

Please check out the other videos on my chan for info on votecoin.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
If you wanna receive donation from community for another one exchange there is no way. Smiley
I have the wallet version V1.0.15 and I want to see a list of all the addresses in it.
for shielded addresses, use:
votecoin-cli z_listaddresses

for transparent addresses, probably best is to use:
votecoin-cli listunspent

-Tom
Activity: 630
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.
For Zcash maybe, but for 0.5MSol/s VOT network only 50 such miners needed to get control over (or ruin?) the network!

Lets try some math.
Current VoteCoin network hash rate is 500 Ksol/s.
Bitmain's Equihash miner costs around $2200 including PSU and shipping, while the miner is capable of mining 10Ksol/s.

To get over 50% of hashrate of VoteCoin network, you need to generate another 500 Ksol/s.
You would have to buy 50 such ASIC miners, so the cost would be 110 000 USD.
(not mentioning that bitmain will sell only 1 device to a single user)
(not mentioning that having 51% of hashrate does NOT ruin the network at all)

If you want to get the same hashrate with GTX 1060 cards, you would need 1666 such cards (300 Sol per card), which would cost you around 400 000 USD today.
So ASIC gives you only 4x the hashrate for your money.
Not mentioning that once the bitmain's ASICs are released, the price for used GPUs will decrease rapidly and you may get 1666 such cards for say 200 000 USD while still getting several years warranty, compared to bitmain's 180 days.

In long term, the ASICs will consume less energy, indeed, so it will be more profitable that GPUs, but other than that, the advantage of having bitmain's ASIC boxes will be insignificant.

-Tom

What people are not understanding is that the real "cost" is the depreciation of assets.

A $4000 GPU rig today (6x1070) is worth $2800 next year, so net cost is $80/month
A $4000 ASIC miner (2xZ9) is worh $400 next year so net cost is $300/month

So asic costs 3.5 times. But the energy consumed, which is a big deal in US and Europe but not in China, is also 3.5x less.

Everyone assumes equipment have zero resale value when they count the NOI. In my case I always sell my GPU cards for almost the same price or just a little less than I buy them on sale. Its like leasing a car, a Lexus has 65% retained value VS a Mercedes has 55%, GPU has 30% and ASIC miner has 0% after 3 years of use.

can you give real examples that confirm your words?

You seriously need proof?
X11 Miner announced at $2700 (July of 2017):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmain-looks-like-theyre-releasing-a-15ghs-dash-miner-called-the-antminer-d3-2029822

Bitmain not sending out the units as late as Oct 2017 because they are still profitable to mine with and Bitmain still mining with them in cleanrooms, (What the fuck, are they retarded to ship them out? why would they??):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2029822.3620

X11 Miner Arrived in the hands of the 1st people who purchased (Nov of 2017) at $2700:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA7lGe_jY7M

X11 Miner sold for $200 (May of 2018):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Bitmain-Antminer-D3-19-3gh-s-X11-Dash-Miner-Tested-Working/232761673532?epid=14019131864&hash=item3631ad473c:g:9YMAAOSwQO9a8cen

5 months from $2700 to $200 thats $500/month for owning a D3 ASIC miner. Dumbest thing ever and they didnt even fork to disable the ASICs. The case is a lot worse if someone bought a Monero ASIC or Baikal.

Bitmain mined with that ASIC from say June to Nov with low difficulty and made probably $2000 off of each ASIC plus $2700 from its sale thats $4700.
The miners who bought the ASIC made around $800 from Nov to May after electricity so they lost $1900 per ASIC and now its breakeven with electricity cost so its just speculative mining.

To Compare: 5 months ago I paid $3250 for my 7 card GTX1070 miner which is worth pretty much the same today my GPU RIG cost around $0 per month.
For Zcash maybe, but for 0.5MSol/s VOT network only 50 such miners needed to get control over (or ruin?) the network!

Lets try some math.
Bitmain's Equihash miner costs around $2200 including PSU and shipping, while the miner is capable of mining 10Ksol/s.

To get over 50% of hashrate of VoteCoin network, you need to generate another 500 Ksol/s.

If you want to get the same hashrate with GTX 1060 cards, you would need 1666 such cards (300 Sol per card), which would cost you around 400 000 USD today.
Not mentioning that once the bitmain's ASICs are released, the price for used GPUs will decrease rapidly and you may get 1666 such cards for say 200 000 USD while still getting several years warranty, compared to bitmain's 180 days.

In long term, the ASICs will consume less energy, indeed, so it will be more profitable that GPUs, but other than that, the advantage of having bitmain's ASIC boxes will be insignificant.

-Tom

What people are not understanding is that the real "cost" is the depreciation of assets.

A $4000 GPU rig today (6x1070) is worth $2800 next year, so net cost is $80/month

So asic costs 3.5 times. But the energy consumed, which is a big deal in US and Europe but not in China, is also 3.5x less.

Everyone assumes equipment have zero resale value when they count the NOI. In my case I always sell my GPU cards for almost the same price or just a little less than I buy them on sale. Its like leasing a car, a Lexus has 65% retained value VS a Mercedes has 55%, GPU has 30% and ASIC miner has 0% after 3 years of use.

can you give real examples that confirm your words?
Activity: 630
In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

Lets try some math.

-Tom

How in past wallets (for ex. 1.0.15) to see a list of all addresses belonging to the wallet? I can't find the correct command.
Using votecoin-cli getaddressesbyaccount "" I can't get it

As Tom said before, old wallet and the new one is NOT compatible, you have to

I have the wallet version V1.0.15 and I want to see a list of all the addresses in it.
Activity: 143
Merit: 8
https://nibirupool.com
How in past wallets (for ex. 1.0.15) to see a list of all addresses belonging to the wallet? I can't find the correct command.

As Tom said before, old wallet and the new one is NOT compatible, you have to

1. Generate new address via new wallet. Copy.
2. Load old wallet with coins
3. Transfer from old wallet to address from (1)
4. Check in new wallet that all amount received
5. Use only new wallet now.
Activity: 4
So Votecoin gets listed on Bit-z or is it for voting coins that will get listed on Bit-Z?

"The Zcash Foundation has announced that it will make maintaining ASIC resistance an “immediate technical priority” in response to Chinese mining hardware manufacturer Bitmain’s claim that is has developed an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) miner that is compatible with the Equihash mining algorithm."
https://www.ccn.com/zcash-foundation-to-make-asic-resistance-immediate-technical-priority/
BTCZ, Snowgem, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Private, possibly Hush, Zencash want to change algorithm.  

Still thinking about staying on equihash?

Let me quote one of Tom's previous posts:

Exactly for this reason we plan to stick with whatever ZCash decides to do - we will simply adopt their changes and we're happy to go.
-Tom
Pages:
Jump to: